collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Week of April 28: COVID-19 info, facts & updates  (Read 9367 times)

Offline Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Week of April 28: COVID-19 info, facts & updates
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2020, 07:24:01 AM »
I ordered a small stock of disposable masks since I would need them to travel to my job interviews. This is until I found a nice and affordable cloth one.

I'm sorry if this isn't the thread for it, but may I ask where you ordered them? I am depended on public transportation too, and to be honest I have absolutely no idea where to get masks...

You have pm :)

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2020, 08:13:07 AM »
Reporting from Northeast Wisconsin. We're at almost 400 deaths, 8000+ tests and about a third of that are coming up blanks. Toilet paper has been spotted!

Hubby and I continue to work from home until further notice, the dog is acting like a spoiled princess.

About half the people I see are wearing masks at stores; I go out for essentials every other week. Most masks are the sewn kind. (I wear a mask at stores and rubber lined gardening gloves, which I take off immediately when I get to the car.) When I walk the dog the streets/sidewalks are not crowded.

Salons opened up and few other non-essentials, state parks (but you can't camp). I honestly stopped watching the news about a week ago.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2020, 10:36:05 AM »
Our province has started opening back up again in phases.  :(

Although secretly everyone knows it's not because of "victory over the virus", it's because of the recession and economy.  Most of the outbreaks have been confined to long-term seniors homes and warehouses/factory/assembly line production.  So the government feels that we can all go back to work now with a little more caution taken towards hand-washing and chemical use, because it's only a serious concern to the Weak and Infirm.  We "flattened the curve" so that ICU's in hospitals are not overworked with patients stacking up like wood and dying in the waiting rooms and hallways ; not so people with health issues would be safer.  Kind of sad that people are so willing to write off the vulnerable population, but... apparently most Canadians are only a paycheque or two away from total financial disaster and that's more of a problem than having sad families plan funerals.  :(

Lots of people wearing masks and gloves, but just as many are not.  I'm going to get sick if someone is infected near me, mask or not, so it's up to me to wash my hands and not touch my face. 

I did go on a drive around my neighborhood and filled up all the Little Free Library boxes, since I have seen a lot of people walking and checking them out.  Apparently the virus doesn't live very well on paper sitting in the sun :) 
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline SaraMari

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2020, 10:59:30 AM »
In southern oklahoma 2 McDonald's employees were shot for telling female patrons that the dining room was closed

In Kentucky a mod armed with assualt weapons stormed the capitol

Currently the hashtag/word "plandemic" is spreading around because some us citizens believe this is a hoax by the Democratic party (who are not in control rn as an aside) to take away "liberties" and "become like the novel 1984"

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2020, 11:52:56 AM »
In southern oklahoma 2 McDonald's employees were shot for telling female patrons that the dining room was closed

Currently the hashtag/word "plandemic" is spreading around because some us citizens believe this is a hoax by the Democratic party (who are not in control rn as an aside) to take away "liberties" and "become like the novel 1984"

The plandemic word also appeared on a placard for a very small and irritating protest here by the antivaxxers.

But that's another story.

Social media has much to answer for.

More shootings :(
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2020, 01:29:11 PM »
I return to work today, will be interesting to see how else the shopping environment has changed since I was quarantined. I was not tested.
My university sent out an email yesterday that boiled down to "There are many options, and we will sure pick one of them." I do hope for online classes again simply due to ease (I commute) and I think the general consensus is that we will have some online classes at least, but I get how hard it is to function in an online space and how this can complicate many facets of college. We're expecting to hear a decision by May 31st.
It sounds like the governor is allowing some counties to operate somewhat normally (yellow), but I'm pretty close to Philly so we are still considered "red". I do fear for a second wave as they keep trying to reopen more places...

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2020, 09:46:28 PM »

It gets worse... :shocked: :yikes: :enraged: :sad: :argh: :argh: :argh:
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline lonewolf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Lyra the dance master
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart account
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2020, 06:10:43 AM »
Roy of Siegfried and Roy died from complications from the virus.

My state is now at 6,501 and 152 deaths. 2 Counties; Ford (Dodge City) and Wyandotte (Kansas City) have passed the 1,000 mark.

I'm the D to the E to the --- and no filly's got the moves like my big wall eyes. I'm De---licious.
Listen to this song while watching my sig: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTi11bFNdMs :P

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2020, 08:03:47 AM »
Things will be confirmed tomorrow, but there are indications floating about seem to be opening garden centres (as soon as Wednesday)...quarantine/isolation rules at the borders with people coming in (which we haven't done at all throughout this crisis)...and a gradual easing with the govt slowly pulling out of the furlough support as businesses are able to reopen along the line...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2020, 09:57:55 AM »
Shanghai Disney reopened BUT in the elserwhere - there were a few cases of local transmission - one was from a woman without a known source of the virus (no travel or contacts infected). This is causing quite a stir as people are seriously concerned about it rebounding. Most recent cases have either been from imported cases or having contact with a known infected person, so the government says.  One city went back under complete lockdown as a result.

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline freezestime

• Forever and Always the Prom Queen
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2020, 10:36:57 AM »
We in Australia have a kind of Tracking app thats meant to quickly identify those exposed and what not, although I've read a few reports (aka Google recommended it to me and I read the title before dismissing it) that it doesn't work. I've heard through YouTube and other media that people are comparing it to a certain bad man's rule.

The info we're being told there's 6'948 total cases, a total of 96 have died and 6'179 cases recovered. Restrictions have eased but there's talk of a second wave.
Freezestime's Masterlist! https://bit.ly/3x1te5n
Dedicated G2 thread! https://bit.ly/3vIIJhL
Dedicated G2 V2.0 thread! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,403447.msg1880080/topicseen.html#new
Forgotten Toy lines! [urlhttps://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=395090.150[/url]

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2020, 03:30:28 PM »
Last week there was a security guard at an Eastern Kentucky Family Dollar who was shot and killed for telling two men they had to wear masks in order to enter the store. I don't know if they were caught yet but the wife and girlfriend were arrested. The wife had spit on an employee.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline SaraMari

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2020, 04:16:02 PM »
There's a confirmed case at my husband's office now, they gave technicians an optional furlough in april but office workers had to continue going into the office. And my husband's boss died suddenly yesterday, there's no way to know if it had anything to do with covid19 or just the huge stress he was under because of covid19 stuff.

They are ending the furloughs this Friday and going to have a big in office meeting, so he's really not wanting to do that

In my state we are at 11,799 infected and 591 who have died from it

:heart: :heart: https://www.instagram.com/moonglowdreams  :heart: :heart:

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2020, 07:06:45 PM »
i'm not sure if there is just more testing in my area but there are almost 30 more cases and 2 more deaths in my area. restaurants, salons, gyms and pools reopened. so did parks so maybe its a spike from the social distancing easing. we went for a drive on saturday and some of the restaurants were definitely not at 25% capacity. i don't really think the orders are being enforced well.

we're still staying home and only driving around to stay sane. we are new to the area so we're trying to explore for when we fell safer going out. whenever that will be.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2020, 07:15:18 PM »
Oh gosh SaraMari, I am so sorry to hear about your  husband's boss. Whatever the cause is, that's terrible =/

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal