collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Animal Crossing: New Horizons  (Read 40586 times)

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Crossing: New Horizons
« Reply #150 on: April 09, 2020, 07:32:36 AM »
OMG Ragamuffin! I love it!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #151 on: April 09, 2020, 09:16:41 AM »
Ah that's so cute!
I've got about 8-9 recipes. I'll keep it on during my class today to see if I can grab a few more. I have an extra of the Cherry Blossom Branches if anyone needs one or wants to trade another recipe.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 09, 2020, 09:35:11 AM »
:) I'd take spare branches, if no one else wants. That's one of the last things I wanted, but didn't get. Although it'll take me a day or two to get it, I guess..

I only had one dupe but already traded it.. it was just the pile. :/

How long does the cherry blossom thing last?

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 09, 2020, 09:44:07 AM »
Tomorrow is the last day for the Cherry Blossom items, unfortunately.

It wasn't very good foresight by the developers to shove this and Bunny Day together. It frustrates me how easy it was to get all of the Bunny Day recipes in like two days of playing, but I still don't have all of the Cherry Blossom recipes. =(

Guess which of the two types of recipes are stuff I actually like? =P Of course, it's the type I don't have complete.

I had a friend with a DIY recipe for the branches make me one because they're so beautiful. I dearly hope I'll get the recipe myself before the event ends.

|My Collection|

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #154 on: April 09, 2020, 10:03:16 AM »
I like the Bunny Day event and think its cute but I do wish there was some more dramatic staggering of the events, or the recipes were easier to get. I think even without the bunny day event going on though we'd still have the same amount of difficulty because the bunny day balloons don't effect the spawn of the normal balloons.
I've been having my switch on during class and checking every five minutes to see if balloons spawn. I fidget anyway so I don't mind the distraction or opportunity to use my hands. Even then, I still have just over half of the recipes (I thought there were 12? Not 14? oh boy).
Thinking of doing something similar at work, especially because I get a few hours of lull and it'll help pass the time...
I'll let you guys know if I get any other dupes, I'm not super involved in online trading yet and my IRL contacts who play aren't as on the up-and-up so I'd imagine I'll have a few to share.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 09, 2020, 05:13:42 PM »
Well, I managed to have a lucky day with getting the recipes and got all of the rest of the cherry blossom recipes! The branches - my most desired - were the very last. Lol.

Best of luck to the rest of you!

|My Collection|

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #156 on: April 11, 2020, 07:14:29 AM »
I finished up the recipes yesterday and did an hour's worth of playtime today for the fishing tourney. I'll have to hop back on sometime during my lunch or otherwise, I have about 50 points and redeemed them for furniture and I need 100 for the bronze trophy...
I still have the branches recipe if you still want it, Bandit!

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 12, 2020, 05:05:13 AM »
^^ Yes, yes!
Let me know a general day and time, and I'll try to check in. No hurry tho, whenever you feel like it.

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #158 on: April 12, 2020, 07:31:12 AM »
I'll have my gates open during my class tomorrow (5:30-7) if you wanna pick it up then!
I finished up the Bunny Day event. I actually don't like the fishing tourney format just because it's a lot of grinding. I played for 2 and a half hours and I barely got all of the furniture. My friend said points might transfer from one event to the next which would be good, I had work during a good chunk of the tourney. If they had made it a bit easier to get gold, I wouldn't mind, I think it works nice on paper.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 13, 2020, 07:14:52 AM »
:) Ok!

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #160 on: April 13, 2020, 02:31:20 PM »
I'm opening my gates! I won't be super present but anyone can feel free to come over and run around. :)
Bandit, your recipe is in the fenced area near the airport. I have a lot of extra Bunny Day recipes too uhh...just in case?

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 13, 2020, 04:59:09 PM »
thank you so much :heart:

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #162 on: April 18, 2020, 07:53:07 PM »
I don't wanna be a complainer but does anyone else feel like the game is too repetitive? I feel like there just isn't much to strive for...

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Ragamuffin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #163 on: April 19, 2020, 12:14:43 AM »
I feel like the dialogue is better in NH than NL, but it's still a lot of safe fluffy, boring niceness. It feels a lot shorter too. A conversation with Punchy will only consist of "Hi, it's me, Punchy! Another neat day in Gladebrook!" and that's it. Nothing else. A "conversation" with Lionel will be like "Spring in Gladebrook, I'm just basking in it" or something to that effect. Most of their dialogue is just about the island and how they like living on it, and it's all very short, only one box long. I miss the dialogue in WW, where villagers would gossip about each other, or they would talk about their family life. Now you talk to someone and all they say is "I'm going to make the most of today!" with nothing else. There's some funny dialogue here and there, which is some incentive to talk to them. I never talked to any of my villagers in NL. XD

Nook's Cranny carries the same things ALL the time. I want new furniture but they keep carrying the same dozen or so items that I already own. It doesn't help that like, 80% of the catalogue is missing! If you want to decorate your house like a *house* and not some weird mish-mash of gimmicky stuff, you have few options: do you want a cabin, or a Scandinavian-style house? It's soooo boring! The merging of styles is odd but understandable. I like the redesign of the "Lovely" series for the most part. It's now called the "Cute" series. I kinda miss the old design of it though, I wish it was an optional colour choice. Instead we get ugly blue and black and bright red and white...? Who wants these colours?! They seem to like that ugly #0000FF shade of blue on a lot of furniture I noticed. It doesn't look good, Nintendo.

They merged the "Classic" series and "Regal" series into the Antique series. It does look good, but I miss the Regal series as it was, and there's no option to have something similar atm. :( Regal furniture used to be all white with an accent colour like gold or blue or pink, now you just get wood. Two shades of natural wood, light and dark, along with black. Wood, wood, wood, everything is WOOD in this game! And it's all the same shade! You want fences that better match your villagers' houses?! Too bad, same shade of beige for everyone! With the lattice fences in particular, there was a piece of artwork released at some time where they were white... why can't we customize our fences?!

They merged the Alpine, Blue, and Green series, which I think is mostly for the best. Modern Wood and Kiddie is a weird merge, but it makes sense if you look how they're shaped. I wish they brought back the "fruity" colour option for the furniture though from NL, it was my favourite! Now we have that ugly "vivid" option. :(

From the top of my head we're missing the following furniture series: Striped, Polka-dot, Astro, Modern, Sloppy, Ranch, Rococo, Gorgeous, Princess, Sweets, Card, Gracie... I haven't seen much of the Imperial furniture yet but I don't think Exotic has been merged with it. If so, Exotic could be missing too. :huh: I know they'll add more furniture as time goes on but I'd like more options for my living room other than plain wood furniture that you unlock from day one.

How the colours of furniture are tied to your island is annoying too (for example, I get white/red Cute series stuff, but my friend gets blue Cute series stuff, etc), but I can appreciate the hunt/trading aspect. A little bit.

Speaking of updates, I don't know what to expect from the upcoming Earth Day update. I really, really, REALLY want bushes right now more than anything. More foliage in general, like even potted plants, but if anything, I want BUSHES. There are so many spots in my town to put bushes and there are none! Why exclude them from the game, they were already in NL?! My beaches are looking so bare when I could be having hibiscus bushes on them! Bringing back the tropical fruit would be nice too... :rolleyes:

Offline Harmonie

• Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 19, 2020, 08:32:00 AM »
I like what the villagers have to say, but yeah, I feel like I see them say the same things a whole bunch, and it takes forever to get them to ask for anything. I wish they'd bring back the GCN option to ask for errands. I have no clue why they removed that feature. It baffles me.

I think I enjoy the Lazy villagers the most. They're so cute in this game!

The removal of furniture is the most disappointing thing. I appreciate the redone series. They look beautiful.... But I just don't see an excuse for this. Apparently development for New Horizons began immediately following New Leaf, meaning eight years ago!

Not only should we have all of the old series, but some of the neat stuff from Pocket Camp as well. I can't tell you how disappointed I am that so much beautiful outdoor furniture from the earlier series and PC is missing.

|My Collection|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal