collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Basic Fun SDCC Majesty  (Read 10133 times)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: Basic Fun SDCC Majesty
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2019, 05:02:48 AM »
Creepy, but I want one so bad! Too bad I'm nowhere near SD... I wonder if I know anyone who's going that could grab one for me. There's always ebay I guess. :)

Check out Hasbro's webpage before resorting to ebay..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2019, 05:54:06 AM »
Somebody hook me up, stat! She'd go great with my soulless Majesty...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2019, 07:09:54 AM »
Wish she had eyes!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2019, 07:40:29 AM »
She looks like she accidentally wandered into a room that was being renovated by Mr. Bean...

:lol:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2019, 08:31:35 AM »
I LOVE HER SO MUCH

She reminds me of the G3 project ponies - the white/black/taf that didn't have real eyes either

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2019, 08:41:58 AM »
Creepy, but I want one so bad! Too bad I'm nowhere near SD... I wonder if I know anyone who's going that could grab one for me. There's always ebay I guess. :)

I don't know if she will be on Hasbro's shop since this isn't actually Hasbro... Honestly though, when I look up Hasbro's Toy Shop I get linked to Hasbro Pulse and there is NO MLP there... even though Hasbro shop says you can find MLP on Pulse in their "Where to buy" when you look up MLP... So I don't think SDCC Majesty is going to be available through Hasbro :/
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2019, 09:08:55 AM »

I don't know if she will be on Hasbro's shop since this isn't actually Hasbro... Honestly though, when I look up Hasbro's Toy Shop I get linked to Hasbro Pulse and there is NO MLP there... even though Hasbro shop says you can find MLP on Pulse in their "Where to buy" when you look up MLP... So I don't think SDCC Majesty is going to be available through Hasbro :/

Maybe on Amazon then?  I think that is how Funko sold most of its SDCC ponies

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2019, 09:19:40 AM »

I don't know if she will be on Hasbro's shop since this isn't actually Hasbro...

Whoops. Forgot about that. (had just saw someone else mention earlier, so that's why I did).

BF is pretty responsive, maybe someone with a social media account can ask where they potentially will sell any leftovers (provided they don't sell out).

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2019, 11:39:06 AM »

Oh yeah. I forgot about that.   :redface:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2019, 12:27:46 PM »
It's like a soulless thrice as fancy Majesty :lol: She would have looked better with a unique eye design like the Stranger Things AJ.
But I appreciate it's a special release and not just regular old Majesty.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2019, 12:53:49 PM »

Whoops. Forgot about that. (had just saw someone else mention earlier, so that's why I did).

BF is pretty responsive, maybe someone with a social media account can ask where they potentially will sell any leftovers (provided they don't sell out).

I've tried messaging them on FB about something with this pony but all I got was the automated message to go to their customer service page XD I don't know maybe the only respond to certain things. Still have to gotten a response back but will see in due time.
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2019, 03:57:26 PM »

I've tried messaging them on FB about something with this pony but all I got was the automated message to go to their customer service page XD I don't know maybe the only respond to certain things. Still have to gotten a response back but will see in due time.

I definitely wouldn't call them helpfully responsive :P
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2019, 07:12:27 PM »
Spoiler
There's a big difference between being a well loved toy with a popular playset and being iconic in my opinion. I mean, I had baby tiddly winks and baby half note and their playsets too as a kid. Did I love them? Yes. Did I play with them all the time? Yes. Do I consider them iconic to G1 MLP in the UK now? No.

There's also a huge difference with how she's presented in media and used in general in North America compared to her role over here.

She's not in every single story in the UK either. But she is the lynchpin of the UK G1 world and is actually written as such. In N. America the castle is more iconic and important than Majesty is in the bigger picture, hence how she's dumped out of ever being in the animated specials and such, even when the castle appears.

In the UK she was released I think in around 1985 till around 1988, but she was still appearing in the stories up to 1991 and 1992, before MLP Tales happened.

Pics mostly borrowed from wiki.

Comic 1 (1985)
http://mylittlewiki.org/w/images/thumb/4/4c/MLP001_01.jpg/424px-MLP001_01.jpg

Summer special 1991
http://mylittlewiki.org/w/images/thumb/c/c3/Summer_special91.jpg/424px-Summer_special91.jpg

and 1992
http://mylittlewiki.org/w/images/thumb/5/5a/Summer_special_1992.jpg/450px-Summer_special_1992.jpg

Even as late as 1990 she was still being presented as essentially the founder of Ponyland (though Spike was there before her) and the leader of the ponies (whose coming was foretold!) - this one is my image so you can blame me for the quality ;)
Spoiler

She's in a whole host of the story books, from the Stolen Shadow to the Trolls and the Castle of Darkness to the bewitched basket. Eg:
http://mylittlewiki.org/w/images/thumb/7/7e/Book2.jpg/450px-Book2.jpg

She appeared on several colouring and activity book covers. Eg:

http://mylittlewiki.org/w/images/thumb/7/71/PlayPadMajesty.jpg/452px-PlayPadMajesty.jpg

Also sticker books.

She's part of the Dream Castle room mobile (actually right now she's the only part of mine I can find >.>) I can't find a photo right now that shows it well, but she's part of it.

She doesn't just appear on covers of things, she appears in many many comic and book stories, she ran the letters page in the comics for the most part (kids would write their letters to Majesty).

She also 'ran' the My Little Pony club in the UK. She was on the club membership badges as well, till 1989, and was still writing the newsletters right through till the 1990s.

http://mylittlewiki.org/w/images/thumb/4/45/91-activity-newsletter-2.jpg/436px-91-activity-newsletter-2.jpg

There's not really a comparison.
Spoiler
Incidentally, I'm not aware of her being in that many North American story books. I know she's in at least one, but I've never seen her in any of the others I have. Glory has a whole spoken word cassette story and Ember had one too, but I never saw any of those things for Majesty (who is on many spoken word and book stories here). If she is in them, she doesn't seem to have had a major or memorable presence. I remember Glory losing her horn. I don't have a clue what Majesty did in any of the US stories. o.O.

Selling well as a toy is something you can apply to many many different ponies in the line. That makes them popular. Maybe loved. It doesn't make them iconic.

As for the brony thing, it's fact that Majesty has more interest for her comic persona among bronies than many other g1 ponies do. It might be a coincidence that that's why she was chosen, but it seems suspiciously possible to me being that Hasbro are also involved. Current Hasbro are not very interested in G1 or the retros in general...

You're right, there's no comparison because we didn't have any of that here. Maybe iconic was the wrong word to use but I still think she is important to people here. And maybe I have a different perspective because being in Canada we didn't have tons of merch or stories or anything. We had ponies in the toy store that we had to make up our own stories for in our imagination. As a kid the only media I saw was the MLP movie and escape from Catrina. I don't remember any books or merch. We didn't all have it so good. On a side note, I doubt Hasbro or BF have any idea how iconic she was to you in the UK either. All in all, I think this is a good sign that she'll get a regular release and hopefully some of these ponies will start trickling out to other countries so we don't have to pay an arm and a leg to get them from the US.

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2019, 08:22:28 PM »
I really love how she looks! I really want her but unfortunately I doubt I'll be able to get her. I won't be going to Comic Con and I can already sense some insane eBay prices happening.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2019, 12:37:15 AM »
Spoiler
There's a big difference between being a well loved toy with a popular playset and being iconic in my opinion. I mean, I had baby tiddly winks and baby half note and their playsets too as a kid. Did I love them? Yes. Did I play with them all the time? Yes. Do I consider them iconic to G1 MLP in the UK now? No.

There's also a huge difference with how she's presented in media and used in general in North America compared to her role over here.

She's not in every single story in the UK either. But she is the lynchpin of the UK G1 world and is actually written as such. In N. America the castle is more iconic and important than Majesty is in the bigger picture, hence how she's dumped out of ever being in the animated specials and such, even when the castle appears.

In the UK she was released I think in around 1985 till around 1988, but she was still appearing in the stories up to 1991 and 1992, before MLP Tales happened.

Pics mostly borrowed from wiki.

Comic 1 (1985)
http://mylittlewiki.org/w/images/thumb/4/4c/MLP001_01.jpg/424px-MLP001_01.jpg

Summer special 1991
http://mylittlewiki.org/w/images/thumb/c/c3/Summer_special91.jpg/424px-Summer_special91.jpg

and 1992
http://mylittlewiki.org/w/images/thumb/5/5a/Summer_special_1992.jpg/450px-Summer_special_1992.jpg

Even as late as 1990 she was still being presented as essentially the founder of Ponyland (though Spike was there before her) and the leader of the ponies (whose coming was foretold!) - this one is my image so you can blame me for the quality ;)
Spoiler

She's in a whole host of the story books, from the Stolen Shadow to the Trolls and the Castle of Darkness to the bewitched basket. Eg:
http://mylittlewiki.org/w/images/thumb/7/7e/Book2.jpg/450px-Book2.jpg

She appeared on several colouring and activity book covers. Eg:

http://mylittlewiki.org/w/images/thumb/7/71/PlayPadMajesty.jpg/452px-PlayPadMajesty.jpg

Also sticker books.

She's part of the Dream Castle room mobile (actually right now she's the only part of mine I can find >.>) I can't find a photo right now that shows it well, but she's part of it.

She doesn't just appear on covers of things, she appears in many many comic and book stories, she ran the letters page in the comics for the most part (kids would write their letters to Majesty).

She also 'ran' the My Little Pony club in the UK. She was on the club membership badges as well, till 1989, and was still writing the newsletters right through till the 1990s.

http://mylittlewiki.org/w/images/thumb/4/45/91-activity-newsletter-2.jpg/436px-91-activity-newsletter-2.jpg

There's not really a comparison.
Spoiler
Incidentally, I'm not aware of her being in that many North American story books. I know she's in at least one, but I've never seen her in any of the others I have. Glory has a whole spoken word cassette story and Ember had one too, but I never saw any of those things for Majesty (who is on many spoken word and book stories here). If she is in them, she doesn't seem to have had a major or memorable presence. I remember Glory losing her horn. I don't have a clue what Majesty did in any of the US stories. o.O.

Selling well as a toy is something you can apply to many many different ponies in the line. That makes them popular. Maybe loved. It doesn't make them iconic.

As for the brony thing, it's fact that Majesty has more interest for her comic persona among bronies than many other g1 ponies do. It might be a coincidence that that's why she was chosen, but it seems suspiciously possible to me being that Hasbro are also involved. Current Hasbro are not very interested in G1 or the retros in general...

You're right, there's no comparison because we didn't have any of that here. Maybe iconic was the wrong word to use but I still think she is important to people here. And maybe I have a different perspective because being in Canada we didn't have tons of merch or stories or anything. We had ponies in the toy store that we had to make up our own stories for in our imagination. As a kid the only media I saw was the MLP movie and escape from Catrina. I don't remember any books or merch. We didn't all have it so good. On a side note, I doubt Hasbro or BF have any idea how iconic she was to you in the UK either. All in all, I think this is a good sign that she'll get a regular release and hopefully some of these ponies will start trickling out to other countries so we don't have to pay an arm and a leg to get them from the US.

Both the US and Canada did have a MLP Fan Club. I have the fliers for the latter. I also know I've seen puzzles in French with Ma Petite Pouliche on the box, and that must be Canadian, since France used Mon Petit Poney. And you had a long and thriving mail order programme, which we also didn't have. The UK also didn't have the TV series air properly over here till 1995ish. We did have VHS releases but they were random eps out of order. So we had the comics instead. Also, backcard stories for ponies in North America are much more detailed than the US ones up until pretty late in the line - they only become actually longer in the UK release when they're basically copied from the US stories around 1989. So again we missed out on that. I don't think we had more stuff overall. Just different stuff, and the comic is a stand-out part of that because it went on as long as it did.

My point being every country had something, just not necessarily the same. Which means what was iconic in different places changed.

The fact Majesty was the cornerstone of the comic and story canon makes her iconic here. Nobody had to pick her as the cornerstone star, since way more ponies here got highlighted and detailed attention in comic stories. And yet out of all of those, Majesty did.

Basically the point I was making is that there's a difference between a popular sale item and an iconic one. The problem is that in the last few years all the Majesty stuff that's iconic from the UK has been absorbed into a "in G1, Majesty did this", as though it's a worldwide thing.

And it strikes me that if they did do research on a superficial level, they'd get that and think Majesty was iconic in all places, rather than getting the story right. While I totally want to share the stuff we had, I personally hate the appropriation of UK stuff like Majesty's antics, and also the TE origin story as a general "fact of G1".

I hope you are right by the way, and we will get a proper Majesty at some point that has a more global release. Or at least is easier to import. I can't afford a new DC repro nor can I store one, so it will be a difficult decision if that is how she comes out here - but I would rather see her and Lemon Drop sold as separate ponies, not with sets. I guess we'll see how it pans out.

I maintain that, if this is the only verson of Majesty we ever get, BF have let down their UK market spectacularly.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 05:02:06 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal