collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Pony the New Year  (Read 20963 times)

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
Re: Healthy Pony the New Year
« Reply #240 on: February 02, 2018, 07:12:58 AM »
Homework has been my life right now. I ate dinner at 8:00 pm last night because of it. I've been drawing a lot though when I can because it helps me relax, but I haven't been practicing Gaelic because having to do it stresses me out a bit and I really don't need that now.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #241 on: February 02, 2018, 08:45:21 AM »
I really need to be doing better. Head ach is looming, but I can function. Yesterday I just slept, so not too productive.

Hope to catch up this weekend.
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #242 on: February 04, 2018, 05:48:13 AM »
Ok knitting Sunday is about to commence. I will be working multiple projects, and hopes to finish a few.
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 04, 2018, 07:48:45 AM »
I hope you feel better CG!!  I am not getting much accomplished I am back to not being able to lift my arms again.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #244 on: February 04, 2018, 08:03:34 AM »
Well that is why we gave air hugs:) that way we can hug and not hurt when we do

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 04, 2018, 10:39:15 AM »
Same as Safflower, homework and school duties have taken over my life. So far, I've been dealing with them the best I can. Right now I finished my duties for today, so I'm just exercising (I've been falling behind that due to the aforementioned studies)

Offline Shatyr

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 04, 2018, 03:57:42 PM »
I had a major setback this week. Basically, I ate junk food, slept poorly, and didn't do a thing to advance my goals. I'm now almost back to where I was at the beginning of December.

I've thrown out the rest of the junk food. I'd rather loose money on the food than leave it around to tempt me. Most of my pre-work chores are complete, minus the batch cooking. I have to pick up some perishables from the grocery store and a package that somehow was shipped to my parents' house instead of my apartment.

I'm rebooting this week. Exercise, clean eating, plenty of water. If I double-down on my effort, I should be able to recover my lost ground fairly quickly.

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 05, 2018, 04:26:53 AM »
This week's off to a productive start; to keep myself from hitting the snooze button repeatedly, I got a cheap little alarm clock. With my horrendous eyesight, it's easier to find the lever that turns the alarm off than it is to find the snooze button, so I actually got up early, cleaned the house and had some time to meditate before a guy came round to fix a hole in the floor. I also got some jobhunting done and practised some patterns on the guitalele, all before 9am! After all that, I went for a wander in the snow (there wasn't enough for it to stick on the ground but it was still nice) and picked up some rice, fruit and cereal. Planning on getting some violin practice done while I have the house to myself as well but first, a cup of tea is in order.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 05, 2018, 06:20:29 AM »
Lots of real life stuff seem to happen all at once and I feel so far behind. I did walk around the neighborhood for a while yesterday and I had to get a bigger jar for my motivation marbles because mine was almost full. Maybe I can do better this month.
Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 05, 2018, 07:47:55 AM »
*makes grumbly noises from inside her blanket*  ;)  I'm working on, working on it. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 05, 2018, 06:12:43 PM »
Tee hee I like the air hug concept! LOL

LovesBabySquirmy- that really sounds familiar :)

Ponyfan that is fantastic that you walked!

Shatyr that was a good idea.  Actually I have bought candy, ate a couple of bites and ran it out to the outside trash because, there is no way I am digging it out of there LOL.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #251 on: February 06, 2018, 08:43:34 AM »
Woot over flowing marble jar. I am so lost right now. Fighting way too many emotions. Due to working tons of hours and saving I can go to one job...sad part is one job is temp to March 31st, one is part time, possible full time if a position gets open, and the other is 4 piano students. I have to stay working as 2 of these could be full time, but each day is unknown. It just stresses me out, so I get lazy and freaked out a only want to huddle in a ball...not even a desire to knit. And that's what I want to do for an income! I want time, but not motivated for time and basical 25 days to loose some weight for a play....arg. I do get paid to do this play, so that's a bonus.

If you got any advice on motivation, I will try it...this stress is making me physically ill, and with the flu going around it's hard to tell if it's that or just me.

Thanks everyone

Offline Shatyr

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 06, 2018, 10:09:13 AM »
Crowning Glory - I'm bad with motivation. It only lasts me a day or two. I've tried mantras, inspirational sayings on sticky notes and taped to walls, lists of reasons and bribes. What I would rather have is discipline, which takes far longer to cultivate, but lasts long after motivation has faded. That being said...

Maybe try just 20 minutes at a time? If 20 minutes seems too much, try 10 or 5. The hardest part, that I've found, is getting started. This is true regardless of the project, be it cleaning or exercising or writing that darn essay (I'm having flashbacks to grade school while typing this). With crafts, it's one row or one thread or one color and then it's off to do something else. Also, make sure you take regular, short, breaks if you're working on a long task.

If you're so exhausted that the things that bring you joy aren't even a temptation, maybe go for a walk outside? Change the routine up. Have breakfast for dinner. Wear fancy clothes in the middle of the week. It will feel weird, maybe even uncomfortable, but it can help get the mind out of the familiar paths that have been dragging you down.

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 06, 2018, 11:09:33 AM »
Crowning Glory - so sad to hear that life has become extra stressful for you  :hug: give yourself a break. Eat that slice of cake. Drink that glass of wine. Be kind to yourself  :hug:

Sorry - not been here in a while, was so busy working at the old house... until... uh-oh...

Spoiler
received an email today from the estate agent - the buyer has decided to no-longer go through with the purchase  :hmm:
oh well.

But... I phoned his surveyor off the record - as he had invited me to call him in case the sale falls through as he may know some other interested parties - it pays to be friendly to people - and he told me all sorts of interesting things...  :nod:

ANYWAY my plans have now changed for tomorrow - meeting a new estate agent thereafter my current one to see what to do next; I plan to change agents as the new one covers a different sales district so we'll see if I get any bites...

Bah, this screws up my house moving plans for the spring, unless a new buyer is found very soon!

Also - been exchanging emails with my old gym who want to welcome me back - I told them that I may need to build up my stamina again... just need to pick a new day to start again  :P

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 06, 2018, 01:17:52 PM »
Sorry to hear about the buyer dropped out, glitterball. Fingers crossed you can find someone else who's interested!

---

Today has been a bit of a struggle because my nerves have been all over the place. I got up early, woke up stressed and was tempted to hide in bed but I got up regardless and was out the door by 8am.
Another guy came round today to do an asbestos check on the house (all clear!), which I knew was going to happen and he was a nice chap, but that didn't help my nerves at all. The house had been cleaned top to bottom but there are still some repairs that need doing and I was ridiculously conscious of those things making a bad impression. :/
Got a bit of guitar practice in and learned a kind of blues-ish pattern, didn't manage to do anything with the violin though, there was just too much pulling at my attention.
While I was out, I did stumble upon something interesting; there was a flyer for these Snapp Happy bands that it says are related to cognitive behavioural therapy practices (been on and off the horse with that for two years now, with varying degrees of success), so I've decided to give it a go and see if it helps. As well as challenging anxiety, it might help with developing other positive habits as well; if I catch an unhelpful impulse that goes against my goals, then I can twang the bracelet and (hopefully) get back on track.
Going to get an early night tonight and hope that today was just a blip; I could really do without another round of feeling on edge for no identifiable reason. :pout:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal