collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

what is your faverate generation of my little pony

generation 1
56 (75.7%)
generation 2
2 (2.7%)
generation 3
12 (16.2%)
generation 3.5
1 (1.4%)
generation 4
3 (4.1%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: October 14, 2017, 07:58:01 AM

Author Topic: generation votes  (Read 1957 times)

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: generation votes
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2017, 03:20:59 AM »
G3. I got into MLP with FiM/G4, but once I saw the G3 toys, I started becoming a collector. They're just so beautiful, there are so many really pretty colorings and themes/symbols.

I have Autumn Skye out on my desk, hoping to summon autumn!

For me it was G1 that got me into ponies (childhood collection) but G3's low prices (at the time), diverse poses and great quality converted me to G3.

Autumn Skye is one of my favorites!

I have ponies from all gens in my collection with the exception of 3.5 because in my opinion the toys looked kind of like ducks.
I also don't care for the G4 reboot. I prefer the original G4 head mould and screening. Also, the very first few Playful Ponies still had neat designs. I viewed them as mini versions of G3s (Rainbow Flash,  Bumblesweet and Skywishes all made it into early G4).

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2017, 06:26:34 AM »
strangely , i’m tied for what my 2nd favorite toy gen is.  G3 & G4!
G3 has astounding color combinations and great variety.
but G4 had some great aspects too, especially in the first two years or so. and they’ve finally brought back boys! 
so actually tied for me.  :)

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2017, 08:01:24 AM »
strangely , i’m tied for what my 2nd favorite toy gen is.  G3 & G4!
G3 has astounding color combinations and great variety.
but G4 had some great aspects too, especially in the first two years or so. and they’ve finally brought back boys! 
so actually tied for me.  :)
I actually had the same problem with the cartoons of those two generations at first, but then G4 dropped in quality for me, and I realised that there aren't any G3 episodes/movies that scored as low as some of the G4 episodes did.  I know this isn't completely relevant, but I thought I'd share the similarity of the situation.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal