collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Can't find the new movie toys  (Read 6213 times)

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Can't find the new movie toys
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2017, 06:57:37 PM »
That's tradition, Taffeta.  Sounds like the G1 distribution...

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2017, 07:20:43 PM »
Thanks everyone for reporting on what you're finding. :)  I know what's out now is probably just the first wave of movie toys and that the new toys are most likely being bought soon after they are put out on the shelves.

I also find it interesting that Skystar and Pinkie with their musical shells are not being found much in the US (if at all) Maybe most stores didn't get them in their shipments?  I've only found the baby sea ponies at Target but have found the fabric tails, Man 6 sea ponies(Applejack, Rarity and Twilight)  and playsets in a few stores now.

Lostpony I like how your merponies look hanging on the wall. :)

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

lostpony

« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2017, 07:34:59 PM »
Thanks Ponyfan!  Just a simple gold hook did the trick.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2017, 07:51:11 PM »
Anyone found the babies at Walmart and Toys r Us yet?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2017, 08:35:07 PM »

I think I recall them being at my Toys R Us. Didn't see them at the one Walmart I've checked.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2017, 09:14:16 PM »

I think I recall them being at my Toys R Us. Didn't see them at the one Walmart I've checked.

Ah, so there's hope.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2017, 03:59:12 AM »
That's tradition, Taffeta.  Sounds like the G1 distribution...

The G1 distribution here generally revolved around not putting on shelves in stores near me any pony from a set that I really wanted. Compounded by no year 2 unicorns or pegasus ponies. Yes, I remember those days well...

Though I think the musical shells will get to the US, they are on US amazon. And I am sure we'll get merbabies at somepoint too. It's just the order of it is so weird. We have the cloth tails and the merpony mane six, we have the skystar/twilight set and Novo's castle and a whole slew of the stuff you guys are also finding (though no Songbird Serenade), but we get shell ponies everywherre, and you get merbabies everywhere. O.o.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Breyer600

• Trade Count: (+437)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2017, 04:06:52 AM »
Thanks everyone for reporting on what you're finding. :)  I know what's out now is probably just the first wave of movie toys and that the new toys are most likely being bought soon after they are put out on the shelves.

I also find it interesting that Skystar and Pinkie with their musical shells are not being found much in the US (if at all) Maybe most stores didn't get them in their shipments?  I've only found the baby sea ponies at Target but have found the fabric tails, Man 6 sea ponies(Applejack, Rarity and Twilight)  and playsets in a few stores now.

I did find Skystar and Pinkie with their shells at Toys R Us so they are in the US.  I actually saw almost all of the new stuff there except for the babies.  They even had the Seaquestria Castle, the Equestria Girls minis movie collection and movie theater, and the new brushables with the scenes on their sides.  The Walmarts and Targets I've been to have been to have mostly been in between clearing out old stock and putting the new toys out.  One Walmart had several of the seaponies (fabric tails and Fashion Styles) and most of their exclusives but the rest had mostly empty shelves with maybe one or two of the exclusive items.  Target has been similar with one having quite a bit of the new stuff out including the babies but the rest being in the process of changing from clearance to new stock (the entire toy section not just the ponies).

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist
Avatar by SquarePeg; Sig by Alrak

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2017, 02:57:36 PM »
I found some of them in my area but they were sold out fast. :/ I hope they will be restocking some of them.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2017, 03:16:18 PM »

I did find Skystar and Pinkie with their shells at Toys R Us so they are in the US.  I actually saw almost all of the new stuff there except for the babies.  They even had the Seaquestria Castle, the Equestria Girls minis movie collection and movie theater, and the new brushables with the scenes on their sides.  The Walmarts and Targets I've been to have been to have mostly been in between clearing out old stock and putting the new toys out.  One Walmart had several of the seaponies (fabric tails and Fashion Styles) and most of their exclusives but the rest had mostly empty shelves with maybe one or two of the exclusive items.  Target has been similar with one having quite a bit of the new stuff out including the babies but the rest being in the process of changing from clearance to new stock (the entire toy section not just the ponies).

I guess I just need to be patient with my Toys R Us. :) I've checked at least twice a week since the street date for the movie toys and there is still no Seaquestria castle, musical shell Skystar and Pinkie or Tempest brushable. Just the large sea ponies toys (not even the  smaller brushables) tons of headband and water cuties and min Equestria Girls from Rainbow Rocks. I really think my Toys R Us is holding the new movie toys back until some of the older stuff is sold.

Ponyfan 
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 03:24:15 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2017, 03:38:37 PM »
America is also a really big country, so it makes sense that it takes time to get to all the states. I suspect TRU are distributing state by state, but also it's interesting that Breyer600 has found the musical shells and not the merbabies, same as here. I wonder if there are two dispatch lots to stores - one with merbabies and one with musical shells and the other is the second wave for whatever area...
Sort of an alternating supply pattern?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2017, 03:42:17 PM »
America is also a really big country, so it makes sense that it takes time to get to all the states. I suspect TRU are distributing state by state, but also it's interesting that Breyer600 has found the musical shells and not the merbabies, same as here. I wonder if there are two dispatch lots to stores - one with merbabies and one with musical shells and the other is the second wave for whatever area...

I still haven't found the baby merponies

Offline Breyer600

• Trade Count: (+437)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2017, 06:10:28 PM »

Oh, I did find the merbabies; just not at Toys R Us.  The one Target that actually had some new things out had two of each (went back later and they were down to two total).

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist
Avatar by SquarePeg; Sig by Alrak

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2017, 02:16:25 PM »
I'm hoping to have good movie toy news to share later. :)  I've noticed the same thing with the baby sea ponies. A shipment seems to include 2 of each character and the sell out fast. I picked up another  Lilly Drop last week and when I went back to the store on the weekend the baby sea ponies were all sold out.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 05:52:09 PM by Ponyfan »

lostpony

« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2017, 04:14:07 PM »
Has anyone gotten their hands on the musical shells who can say how much music they actually play?  How many tunes/how many seconds each?

Songbird Serenade's 2 song clips of ten seconds each and the Twily/Spike duet's three tiny clips or so, are a little disappointing and I wonder if the shells do better.

Thanks.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal