collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Pony Summer  (Read 23247 times)

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
Re: Healthy Pony Summer Sign Ups
« Reply #105 on: May 11, 2017, 04:28:21 PM »
Boo!
:( I'm not sure if I'll be able to walk up the stairs at work anymore~ I really enjoyed going up and down them on my break! But my knee is acting really strange. Luckily I have a doctor appointment next week...

I ate a couple goldfish crackers because I was so bummed today... but other than that my diet is going well. ^_^

@Rainbowrific Renia

Stopping is really hard. A part of it is becoming mindful when you are doing it. Whenever you notice, just stop. Tell yourself no and stop and REALLY try to pay attention when you do it. Sometimes just limiting it to a single finger can help.

I really think buffing and filing your nails help too, since a nice smooth nail is harder to chew on (regardless how short it is).

Aaand, also, if you can try to eliminate whatever actual cause. Is boredom, is it stress, blah blah blah.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #106 on: May 11, 2017, 08:45:41 PM »
3/5 for today I think.

Thursday started off with promise but ended with me fighting through a migraine...  :cry:
Not much gardening but I did more weeding and put out another Mosquito Plant. A little over 2 1/4 miles walked today. Small exercises and stretching to not exasperate my already sore body. A bit of attention paid to the cleaning (mostly just planning) so I don't count that as a win. I want to do more but I feel like I'm going to start relying on pain meds or alcohol just to be able to sleep at night.  -_-  The scale and my waistline are both happier but I want to start feeling the good exercise buzz I used to now. It's almost disheartening how out of shape I've become and didn't notice it just because the majority of my compatriots are worse off now.  :pout:
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #107 on: May 12, 2017, 08:14:31 AM »
Big hugs. We have all felt how you have felt. I feel it too today. I am horribly sick but I am at work:( so many people call off it's just ridiculous. I work with a lot of college and high school kids. Not all are like this,but most call in so they can go party.
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 12, 2017, 01:34:50 PM »
5/11- Going with 2/5

My sister and her kids showed up yesterday so I don't know if I'll be able to get any treadmill time in until they go. But, I am listening to a book on CD called "Goodbye, Things".  It's by a Japanese minimalist (no, not the Life-Changing Magic lady-but he does quote her) who talks about how his life has changed just by getting rid of things he really didn't need and was only keeping because he'd spent money on it.  It's really interesting.  I recommend it.

@Crowning_Glory13--have you tried pineapple juice to help kick your cold?  100% stuff works better than mixes (i.e. mango-pineapple).   I think most grocery stores carry it in the juice aisle rather than the refrigerated section.  Hope you feel better soon!

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 12, 2017, 02:23:04 PM »
4/5 today. I was feeling some vertigo again, so I didn't do much memory review. I did get my chores done, which I'm happy about. My son went with me on my walk. We were about to start walking the fourth mile when it started to rain on us. So we only walked three.
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline archidraca

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 12, 2017, 08:39:37 PM »
3/5 for Friday

I made real progress cleaning but I am sure I won't reach my goal since I, yet again, decided to work on a different room. Not that it's all bad as the job needs to be done for the entirety of the house. Only garden prep done today since it was pouring out. I got another pot so Youngest could plant something of her own.  ^.^  The birds that accompany me now seemed to be disappointed with me as I refused to work the soil for them. There is a little brown mama that is very attentive. I hope she's the owner of the nest in my bushes I tried to assist after nearly lopping off accidentally. (rambling, I'm tired, sorry) Two and a half miles walked today. Only half of my exercises done. I decided working on teaching myself to better crochet was more important. I'm going back to sleep now...  :snore:

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 13, 2017, 05:07:40 AM »
2/5 for Thursday. My job is dumb. The weather went from like...the 80s last week, to the 50s this week. The temp in room I work in was maybe 60? Probably lower, and we can't control the temp! So I got sick and left work early. I NEVER get colds in the spring...ugh I hate that place sometimes. :( I felt fine going in, but left with a runny nose, watery eyes, a sore throat, all that fun stuff.

5/5 for sure for yesterday, though.

I went to the gym for an hour, did Zumba at home for a little while, did a tom of cleaning around the house, walked around for a bit in the afternoon. 28K STEPS TOTAL! :yippee: All of the food I ate was great, too, and

@Rainbowrific Renia

Stopping is really hard. A part of it is becoming mindful when you are doing it. Whenever you notice, just stop. Tell yourself no and stop and REALLY try to pay attention when you do it. Sometimes just limiting it to a single finger can help.

I really think buffing and filing your nails help too, since a nice smooth nail is harder to chew on (regardless how short it is).

Aaand, also, if you can try to eliminate whatever actual cause. Is boredom, is it stress, blah blah blah.

Thank you for this! It's honestly probably stress that leads me to bite my nails, and I kinda blame my job. I do it the most while I'm there. But I can see about trying to be more relaxed while I'm there,see if that changes things.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 13, 2017, 03:14:37 PM »
Someone told me that drinking a lot of zero calorie beverages instead of the full calorie/full sugar ones are not healthy due to the artificial  sweetener. Is that true?

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #113 on: May 13, 2017, 03:22:47 PM »
I have heard both sides. As for coke I think they have an all natural low cal variety, but not too sure. I don't drink soda often, so I don't have much info.
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline archidraca

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 13, 2017, 07:28:54 PM »
Many of the sugar substitutes I'm actually allergic to and Stevia tastes too "green" to me...

Today is a 2/5

No formal exercising but I did take my Youngest to the park to continue learning how to ride a bike. Incidentally, that's how I got one of the just over two miles I've walked today.  ^.^  A little more zip tieing the roses and grapevines into submission and planting other things that were put on hold from the rain. Not done with that but definitely getting there. I did no cleaning. Between videogames and my crochet project I did little else the whole day. But I regret nothing as the dried figs I picked up from Trader Joe's are wonderful and have prompted me to look again on Amazon for a decently priced dehydrator.  :dribble:

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 14, 2017, 09:27:39 PM »
Someone told me that drinking a lot of zero calorie beverages instead of the full calorie/full sugar ones are not healthy due to the artificial  sweetener. Is that true?

Ponyfan

I don't know for sure.  I do know that I get heartburn whenever I drink things with aspartame and splenda makes me break out in hives.  So for me, I prefer actual sugar in my drinks

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 15, 2017, 05:37:27 AM »

Ponyfan

I think drinking a lot of either is bad.

There's studies on why too much artificial sweetener is bad. And we already know why too much sugar is bad.

Generally speaking, I choose sugar over artificial sweeteners.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 15, 2017, 06:31:45 AM »
Thanks everyone. I always had trouble with the fat free stuff (Olean?) that they first put in the fat free potato chips.

I need to get back on track. I was pretty stressed this weekend and didn't keep up well with my healthy habits.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 15, 2017, 06:38:05 AM »
Thanks everyone. I always had trouble with the fat free stuff (Olean?) that they first put in the fat free potato chips.

*shudder*
fat free pringles... my tummy remembers the torture of those evil things.

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 15, 2017, 10:33:56 AM »
I find kombucha to be an excellent substitute for soda pop, especially grape-flavored. Mind you, I'd not drink a bottle per day because a) it's not cheap unless you make it yourself and b) that's a lot of probiotic! It seriously puts yogurt to shame. You have to be acclimated to taking that much probiotic. But I haven't had soda in years. I also make my own water kefir.

May 13 = 1/5. Mr. Stomper and I only went to one store to do our shopping as we had very little money. Today is payday, however, so all good. After that, I just lounged around. I don't mind the fact that I didn't reach any goals because a small break now and then is okay with me.

May 14 = 2/5. I didn't meet many goals yesterday, either, except I took a 3 mile walk to church. The worship team gave the moms a day off, so one of the youngsters took over the drumming for me. She played rather well, so I'm proud of her.

May 15. Don't know yet. I have had my morning filled with outdoor errands and it's hard for me to get into my chore groove after lunch time. But I'll try. I did do some of my memorizing on my phone app while waiting in the dentist office, though, so it's not a complete waste.

Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal