collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does it bum you out that we don't get anniversary movies or g1 reboots?  (Read 2441 times)

invinible

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Does it bum you out that we don't get anniversary movies or g1 reboots?
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2017, 09:13:02 AM »
Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4jPBKVShFg is the cut song to The Glass Princess.  Don't know where the animation to it is.

And I feel they should have kept that song in as it adds context to the story and is my of the few times where it is believable that they were singing at the time.

While I also feel that Here's to Power should have been the song cut as it doesn't add any context to its episode arc and is a unnecessary jarring cutaway from the main action.

Offline Joan2Luna

• Drink 'n' Wet Pony
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
    • The MLP Arena
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2017, 09:21:41 AM »
Why do I have a feeling that I have seen the uncut versions of these?

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2017, 10:23:45 AM »
Yeah, I am mystified by why the song was cut.  It is not on the Golden Books VHS of "The Glass Princess" either.  But I am certain it must have been on TV at some point, because I first heard it on Kim Shriner's site as the "song of the week" and she ripped the songs from her home-recorded VHS tapes.  She said the song played during a scene where the bushwoolies and ponies wove the fake cloak.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

RainbowQuartz

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2017, 11:37:26 AM »
I probably wouldn't buy any of it if they DID do anniversary merch etc. because they would probably end up like the older g1 anniversary ponies they made. I hate those. I don't mind if they every do it, though, since I absolutely abhor FiM and still don't feel like it "ruins" G1 for me, since it isn't G1. I don't even consider it MLP the way G1 is MLP for me.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2017, 02:25:21 PM »
I'm just glad *some* of the "Hurry" sequence still exists - I think the copy on YouTube atm is the same one that was on Dream Valley back in the day? From what I've heard it ran on TV once and then got cut after that? Either that or it got cut when the show moved to the Disney Channel, one of those. It's just so weird that it'd be cut in the first place o_O I wish we had the animation for it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2017, 03:12:54 PM »
Hurry has always baffled me.

I've recently seen some sign of hope in bringing back something classic in the new Power Rangers and Smurfs movies.  I enjoyed both of them as homages to their inspiration.  Bringing back the spirit of something while making it relevant to the modern audience can be done.  It has been done.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2017, 03:28:11 PM »
I have to agree.  Especially since Transformers fans get plenty of retro toys, merchandise, and even printed media through IDW.  All we've gotten recently is some DVD collections (which I love).  I feel like the glare of Friendship is Magic's cultural phenomenon has blinded them to the fact this is a franchise with 35 years of history to celebrate.

exactly.

Would love to see some G1 Annv MLP toys.  That shrimpy Book Firefly doesn't count!

Offline VanillaBean

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.VanillaTwist.deviantart.com
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2017, 03:32:25 PM »
I feel torn over this.
I adore the G1 characters far more than I ever did the Mane Six, but looking at that abysmal Jem movie reboot makes me feel relieved that Hasbro are leaving retro MLP alone for the most part.
Hunting for G2 MLP & Pretty Pony Club magazines! :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal