collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The trivial complaints thread  (Read 480844 times)

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
Re: The trivial complaints thread
« Reply #3135 on: December 29, 2020, 01:36:36 PM »
I'm sorry, Ponyfan, that's terrible. I hope there is something you can do.

Taffeta, oh no! Hopefully everything works out and quickly.

My complaint is I feel very off today. I'm dizzy and lightheaded, shakier than normal, kinda... floaty? I thought I needed something to eat but it made me feel worse. My heart is beating fast. I dunno. Think I'll go lie down.

edit: blegh new page :shakefist:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: December 29, 2020, 04:16:52 PM »
Thank you everyone.  :hug:  Unfortunately I don't think there's much that can be done.   The items that were stolen were 2 gift cards meant for a friend of mine and her daughter.  I always put them in a Christmas card and take it inside the post office to mail because it requires more postage than a regular card due to the weight.    I have sent many gift cards this way and never had someone steal them before.  Yesterday my friend got the Christmas card I sent but the envelope had been sliced open and the gift cards were gone.  :wail:   I will never send gift cards this way again.

I felt so horrible when my friend told me about it. 

@Taffeta I hope it will not become another year like the last and that it will get worked out quickly for you.

@BlackCurtains I'm sorry you're not feeling well. 

Ponyfan

« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 04:27:11 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline LadyAmalthea

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: December 29, 2020, 07:48:46 PM »
Oh, I'm so sorry Ponyfan! I don't think I'll ever mail gift cards again either...I sent Visa gift cards in the mail to my stepkids across the country ($125 each) and was nervous after they told me at the counter that they don't offer insurance on gift cards. I paid for the tracking, because that was all the reassurance I could get. One out of the 3 cards made it on time, and the other 2 finally arrived today (a week later than the first), even though I mailed them all at the same time. The wait was nerve-wracking.

I wonder how someone knew what was in your cards to open them. I'm so sad for you and your friend that this happened.

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: December 30, 2020, 01:15:28 AM »
Ponyfan, I don't blame you!!! What despicable behaviour!!!

Taff, my fingers are crossed xxx

BC huggles
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: December 30, 2020, 07:20:36 AM »
Yesterday I was asked to help cover part of someone else's shift at work.  I was okay with it until I showed up to do what she is supposed to do.  Her job is to go get the book drop once an hour and help out if the check-out desk gets backed up.  What happened was I showed up to tell the desk people that I was doing her job for the hour and the person who was supposed to be back in the check-in area hadn't shown up yet.  So I went back there to make sure it wasn't too backed up.  What I found was that the last book drop hadn't been emptied yet and the person who was supposed to be clearing that out hadn't done it "because the computer shut down on us."  You can't clean books and empty the book drop bin because the computer wasn't working?  I understand not being able to check the things in but the bin should have been emptied.  Instead of emptying the bins, she had put ALL the cart in order.  Which is something that someone else is supposed to do.  So I ended up doing HER job while I waited for the person who was supposed to be back there to show up.  She was fifteen minutes late.  So instead of doing what I was supposed to be doing, I once again got stuck doing other people's jobs while they screwed around and the work that I am supposed to be doing didn't get done.  And my boss wonders why I don't volunteer to "help" while in the same breath accusing me of not being able to prioritize my work.  I would LOVE to do my job but I have to finish everyone else's work before I'm allowed to.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #3140 on: December 30, 2020, 09:37:26 AM »
I got into a car accident yesterday. No, not the day before when I was driving for an hour around town, but in my three minute drive to work at the first intersection. >< I was going straight and the other person failed to yield when they made a left turn, I t-boned them. No one was hurt but it feels like we literally JUST got this car! And the insurance company might decide it's not worth fixing and then we'd have to start the used car search all over again.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3141 on: December 30, 2020, 10:32:09 AM »
^ I'm glad no one was hurt! Car accidents are scary.

Thanks all for yesterday :hug: I'm feeling better today but I sure am tired. I've got so much to do around the house but absolutely no energy. I didn't even take a shower this morning (well, and it was cold, lol) but I might do that later.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: December 30, 2020, 11:40:11 AM »
Thank you Lady Amalthea and Ponybookworm.

I mailed another gift card inside a Christmas card and that one has still not arrived but I am hoping it is just taking longer than usual and nothing happened to it. 

I'm not sure how the thief realized that there were gift cards inside as  I had chosen a large Christmas card and placed them inside the card itself  not just in the envelope with the card.  I even glued the envelope shut (I always do because I don’t lick envelopes to seal them).   It still makes me want to cry when I think about it. :cry:   

@Pokeyonekenobie, I'm sorry that happened to you. 

@tailrustedtealeaf I'm glad you're okay. 

@BlackCurtains, I'm glad you're feeling better today.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 11:51:32 AM by Ponyfan »

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: January 01, 2021, 10:28:25 AM »
I asked about getting one of the stolen gift cards replaced today and although the person I spoke to was very sympathetic she said that the store can't do anything because my receipt doesn't have enough of the card number to  be able to replace it/confirm it it's already been used.  I knew that might be the answer I would get but it was still disappointing to hear.

Other complaints for today:

iTunes decided my computer was a new device due to an update a couple of weeks ago even though it is the computer I always use for iTunes. This was not an issue until today when I tried to purchase a couple of episodes of an anime.  They would not download to my iPod.  I knew there was a way to make it work but I had to look it up because I couldn't remember how to do it.  I had to go in to the iTunes settings and change something because iTunes thought it was on a new device and switched to the default setting.

Also I found a new book I wanted at the bookstore but it's release date is Tuesday.  I knew if I tried to buy it, the book would be taken away at the register (This has happened to me a few times. ) plus I didn't want to get one of the employees in trouble that put it out early.

Ponyfan

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3144 on: January 01, 2021, 10:40:33 AM »
Sorry the store couldn't help you, Ponyfan :(

My complaint is my PC won't import videos from my camera anymore for some reason. The option to "import from camera/scanner" isn't even there. Well, Paint has it still but it doesn't support avi files so...

I'll need to use my old MacBook to import the video, email it to myself and hope it'll import to Media player. How annoying.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: January 02, 2021, 04:13:19 AM »
I ended up locked out of the house this morning and had to trek into town to borrow my dad's keys. Not exactly a stunning start to the year. I am very much feeling this at the moment:

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: January 02, 2021, 03:28:30 PM »
Thanks BlackCurtains.  I'm pretty sure trying to get the companies to replace the cards is a lost cause now.

Ponyfan

Offline StarCyrin

• Bratz Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: January 02, 2021, 11:58:49 PM »
I'm tired but I don't wanna go to sleep cause when I got to sleep tomorrow will come quicker... I have to work tomorrow and it's my birthday... of course the one dang day they have me working is my birthday.  Not a brilliant start to 2021.

Leafytrails by Griffin

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: January 03, 2021, 09:19:35 PM »
When you’re still waiting on a small package a month later, and are trying to find the original seller just to make sure it did ship, this is one of your grails, and the seller has seemingly gone entirely off the map...and y’know, just general anxiety and depression is creeping up again. 2021 is off to a roaring start guys.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3149 on: January 04, 2021, 10:45:58 AM »
Two things today.

One - people complaining about Brexit impairing companies shipping to the UK. Well duh. That's what you voted for. Shut up and deal with it. We have to.

Two - starting the rigmarole of dealing with my disability claim this morning. They have over 200 pages of evidence on my file but we had to still give all the information from scratch again and I expect the form next week. The one blessing is that there can't be a face to face assessment in the current situation, but a phone assessment basically prevents me from speaking for myself, so that's great.

I don't have high hopes of being treated any more like a human being than the last time.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal