collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 620
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: I am so pissed right now.  (Read 5285 times)

Offline Pierlala

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
I am so pissed right now.
« on: January 14, 2017, 09:38:04 AM »
Hello,

I just need to vent a little cause I feel really frustrated.

I finally received the Ponies from Ebay that I won on a very cheap auction a few weeks ago. I won them for between 1-3 pound each. I got unpleasantly surprised by the shipping cost. It turned out that the seller actually posted the Ponies for such a low price because she made the shipping cost higher to make profit off of it. I am not lying, this is what she told me.

Then eventually she made this deal with me that she would ship all 6 Ponies (3 of them were babies) for 15 GBP (excl. the item price ofcourse).

I was sceptical but I agreed. I personally hate it when people make shipping higher just to make profit off of it.

I got the Ponies but I just knew she was going to forget one. And I was right. I got all of them except Ringlets. I am so mad. So much effort and negotiating because someone is not fair with the shipping price and now I don't have the Pony I paid for.

That is not all. I looked on the shipping price on the enveloppe. It wasn't a package, just a bubble wrap enveloppe. With tthe weight of the Ponies on it. The shipping price was 2,85 GBP and I paid 15 GBP??? WTH?

I feel so angry. The joy of receiveing them has totally vanished. I feel betrayed and angry that she even forgot one of the Ponies.

What should I do in this case?
My wish list: Click here!.

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I am so pissed right now.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 11:33:04 AM »
Someone told me that before and I linked him to where that's against Ebay's rules and I said if the shipping cost he charged me was over what it would actually cost to ship I'd report it.

He was actually very nice and apologized and charged me the real cost of shipping instead of being troublesome.

On top of all that she cheated you one of them? Definitely open a case or something..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 11:44:16 AM »
oh deffo raise a case but drop a message to the seller first asking them to send thew pony forgot - if they ignore you or dither then raise a case after 48 hours regardless - remember you have a limited number of days to raise a case (I forget - is it within 30 days? Need to check) and let ebay take the stress - after all, this is where some of their profits that you provide them are used - to make the buyer-seller experience satisfactory.

You have more than satisfied your side of the transaction (hefty postage paid!!). As she forgot the pony, she has not fully completed her side of the transaction - so you would be TOTALLY protected under ebay rules - once a case is raised ebay will warn the winner to get a move-on or risk account suspension or paypal costs being returned to you from their account.

Just communicate the missing pony to her first, see how she responds (no way should you have to pay for more postage, the onus is on her to correct the mistake)  then raise a case with ebay 48hrs afterwards so that it is on-record with them.

Good luck!  :)

Offline Pierlala

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 12:55:50 PM »
Also, the head of one of the Ponies is loose, which wasn't mentioned on the acution either. It just keeps betting better...

I contacted her and contacted Papyal as well, sending her a message about the shipping cost and the missing Pony.

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2017, 01:08:45 PM »
I don't think it's possible to send a parcel out of the UK for £2.85
Maybe it's an old label or something

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline Pierlala

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2017, 02:04:41 PM »

No it was not an old label. It has my adress on it and date of sending + weight of the items inside. The package was very light as it were only 2 adult Ponies and 3 babies.

Besides it was one of those envelopped that you can only use once since you practically have to destroy them to open them up.

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2017, 03:42:26 PM »
I think I would message her something like

'In addition to the actual  shipping only costing 1/5th of what I paid for shipping, I am missing a pony.'
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2017, 04:05:39 PM »

I think it's an old label, too. It's not possible to send one pony out of the UK for £2.85. That's the cheapest rate available to send a single pony within the UK via the slower second class mail without tracking. To send to the Netherlands, it would be more. The site says that to send 1 pony to the Netherlands would be at least £3.85, so the only thing I can think of if it isn't an old label is that it was 12.85 and the 1 got rubbed or blurred off. We are talking several ponies, after all.

The label for your address etc would be different, unless she printed it online I suppose...but if that had happened it would've got held up and queried in transit for the amount paid and you would've had a charge slip for additional postage.

What does the label say on it other than the price?

Method of posting is a bit off, although a lot of sellers here do use padded mailers for ponies. I do too, but not usually for a group. I am not sure what impact that would have on the cost. I think it depends on packing material.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 04:09:01 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Pierlala

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2017, 05:15:33 PM »
I shall post a picture of the label in the morning. I need to take a picture still and I am on my phone right now.

Post Merge: January 15, 2017, 01:39:20 AM

Here you can see the label. It has my zip/postal code on it. My adress was written on the enveloppe.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 01:39:21 AM by Pierlala »

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2017, 03:35:37 AM »
I have no idea how she did that. If I was sending that parcel it would be £5.60 - 10.15 with tracking. Still a long way to £15 though...

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline Pierlala

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2017, 03:51:12 AM »
Exactly. Which is why I feel betrayed. I would like to get my Pony and refund the extra shipping cost.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2017, 04:39:40 AM »
They have prepaid boxes and bags in the UK don't they? Maybe they went over a weight limit for a pre-purchased bag, and had to pay the difference? I know here we can only buy the boxes when we ship, but when we were in France, they let us buy the box, take it home, fill it and bring it back to ship. If we went over the weight, we had to pay extra. The label would only have shown the overage. But in saying that, what kind of limit would be lower than 300grams? Kinda blows my theory out of the water...

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Pierlala

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2017, 04:51:44 AM »
They have prepaid boxes and bags in the UK don't they? Maybe they went over a weight limit for a pre-purchased bag, and had to pay the difference? I know here we can only buy the boxes when we ship, but when we were in France, they let us buy the box, take it home, fill it and bring it back to ship. If we went over the weight, we had to pay extra. The label would only have shown the overage. But in saying that, what kind of limit would be lower than 300grams? Kinda blows my theory out of the water...

I am not entirely sure what you are talking about. She didn't buy a box she bought a bubble wrap enveloppe and posted all Ponies inside it. 2 adult, 3 babies. It didn't weight much. This is what she paid for it. Which is why she was willing to lower the actualy shipping price that Ebay told me to 15 GBP which is still a lot. She knew she would make huge profit off of it still.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2017, 06:48:00 AM »
When you get a chance, do take a picture. I'm curious to see this, as I'm sure others are as well. Maybe it will bring you more answers.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2017, 07:14:40 AM »
Definitely contact her about the missing pony. Ebay will side with you if it comes down to opening a case but give the seller a chance to make it right first. If they do not respond to your messages or send the pony then of course open the case.
I'm very confused about that shipping label. I've never been able to ship anything international that cheap for years. £2.85 used to be the cheapest cost to send international from the UK under 100g with no tracking - I used to send blind bag and Dolly Mix ponies out this way , and obviously those are way smaller than a parcel of adult and baby ponies... and that was about 5 or 6 years ago.  I have no idea how she would be able to send them for that cheap even in a bubble envelope now  :wonder:  :what:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal