collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Twilight Sparkle. Applejack and Spike set found Updated-more new pony pics  (Read 7502 times)

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
Re: New Twilight Sparkle. Applejack and Spike set found
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2017, 05:25:57 PM »
Yeeeah, I'm still not seeing where this "they're SO different from previous G4s!!!" idea is coming from.  They are practically identical to previous G4s.  The differences are very minor.
^^ Agree.

I think they're fun! their expressions are vibrant and full of life!  The round heads remind me of the show and that's what's Hasbro is going for.
I got Rarity, AJ in the clear purses and the FS / Celestia pack.   Can't wait to see more characters in this new styling!  Diamond Rose!?  :)

My only concern is hair quality - but honestly - even if they kept the body styling the same I'd still be concerned about that.

Offline Pinkie-kitty

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • G3 is my favorite<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2017, 01:32:31 AM »
Yeeeah, I'm still not seeing where this "they're SO different from previous G4s!!!" idea is coming from.  They are practically identical to previous G4s.  The differences are very minor.
^^ Agree.

I think they're fun! their expressions are vibrant and full of life!  The round heads remind me of the show and that's what's Hasbro is going for.
I got Rarity, AJ in the clear purses and the FS / Celestia pack.   Can't wait to see more characters in this new styling!  Diamond Rose!?  :)

My only concern is hair quality - but honestly - even if they kept the body styling the same I'd still be concerned about that.

I really love the reboot because they're more lively, as you said. They don't have the same basic mold as every other pony like old g4s did. They're different and unique and I'm super excited about where it's heading.

Offline gabumon

• Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2017, 07:34:10 AM »
:like:
 :happy:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2017, 10:22:58 AM »
Well it's nice that so many people like them, I've looked around and there seems to be a more positive reaction than negative, so that bodes well for the license if nothing else.

Offline MintySocks

• Singing Artsy Fartsy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2017, 08:50:35 PM »
Makes me wonder if they are purposely  trying to kill the pony line off.............  :shocked:
Agree. They look less like ponies and more like rodents with every passing reboot! Not that they aren't adorable, it's just harder and harder to tell what animal they're supposed to be. LOL

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Jorgito93

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
If people like these good for them, but i think they are really strange looking.I much prefer the previous g4 style.

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
I saw them today in target. I really dislike them. There's nothing pony to them. They look like they're made of noodles.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
I saw them today in target. I really dislike them. There's nothing pony to them. They look like they're made of noodles.
There was nothing really pony about the first lines either XD Mostly deer in look so either way not pony in look lol

But if they are showing up in Targets right now I might try and go look to see if any are showing here.
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Noxxbunny

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
I found these today also. 

New Applejack by LovesBarbie, on Flickr

Anyone know what kind of yarn the hair is made of on these? I make brushed yarn wigs occasionally, and seeing this just makes me want to give 'em the ol' wig treatment... :lookround:

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline gabumon

• Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
I imagine that if you look in the MLP Arena archives... let's say around 2010... I'm confident you'll read lots of people saying the same things about the "new G4 look" compared to G3 (or G3.5).  "They look like Deer" was a big comment if I recall correctly.   It's perennial thing: Hasbro makes changes, the collector community reacts. 

Whether or not G4 "did just fine" in spite of the complaints 7 years ago... it's true that many here got accustomed to the new look.  I'm sure the same thing will happen this go around.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 06:43:53 PM by gabumon »

Offline vira

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
i agree that some of them look a bit odd, but i think applejack looks super cute! i also like the more dynamic poses. i hope we get them around me before too long, i want to see them irl!

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
Reading this thread at least answers my long-standing question about why Hasbro hasn't fixed the sculpt on the current brushables for 5 years.

I think these look great.  I'm really excited about them and the sculpt and integration of Twilight's wings are really great!  I'm not excited that so few seem to like them...the heads are not bigger than the show, and there is not less hair, and Twilight's eyes are not too big,  and this is most absolutely NOT G4.5!! 

By the way those who love G3.5 are not so few as many believe around here...and I hope a whole lot of people buy these new sculpts so Hasbro doesn't get the idea we just want the same old thing for the next five years too.

So much complaining about how they look, but no one wonders what Applejack is doing in Twilight's bedroom with an exhausted-looking Spike sitting on the bed, hmm...ah I finally have a reason to put in my slaughterhouse application for why I want to be able to post there, haha.  yeah

Offline joey

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
I almost bought this set today but opted for the cadence/shining armour and celestia/fluttershy sets instead

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal