collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Shocked by old stock!  (Read 3485 times)

Online Barnacle_lady

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Shocked by old stock!
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2016, 10:45:13 AM »
Thats the set I am looking for, but I don't want to overpay either or they are having a hard time to sell.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2016, 10:56:28 AM »
I still water cuties pop up and hahaha! I love that picture of worried fakie!

As far as fakies go, I'm seeing a lot of G3 molds all of a sudden, including newborn cuties and wingless Breezies.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Shimmer Mist

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Also likes transforming plastic robots
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2016, 11:35:56 AM »
Just last year my Target had a lone Canterlot Shine Bright Pinkie Pie on a peg. Not sure how or why she was there but I bought her. I think I paid like less than 4 dollars, too.

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2016, 11:40:02 AM »
I still see the wedding fillies at Toys R Us stores. I also recently found a G3 pinkie pie DS game at a walmart without a price tag..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline LunaMoonCustoms1212

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2016, 12:13:08 PM »
I still see the wedding fillies at Toys R Us stores. I also recently found a G3 pinkie pie DS game at a walmart without a price tag..

wow that really is old, I have seen multiple G3 things at Walmart as well. I saw a G3 piñata, I'm pretty sure that it was pinkie pie.

One does not simply stop collecting ponies.
Instagram: @lunamooncustoms

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2016, 01:09:01 PM »

wow that really is old, I have seen multiple G3 things at Walmart as well. I saw a G3 piñata, I'm pretty sure that it was pinkie pie.

Wish I saw G3 stuff at Walmart
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LunaMoonCustoms1212

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2016, 02:33:51 PM »

Wish I saw G3 stuff at Walmart

yeah, I don't collect G3, so its not very exciting for me. I don't normally see them in big cities, but in small town Walmarts, I almost always see something G3. I have seen tons of stickers, a blanket, and a puzzle.

One does not simply stop collecting ponies.
Instagram: @lunamooncustoms

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2016, 03:39:53 PM »
I picked up another strange old item today - it was a G4 tote bag, very small, with 2 G3.5 books (A Book About Me & the Dazzling Design Stencil Book)and the G3 book Pinkie Pie's Special Day (CD version). The set was issued by 5 Mile Press (I'm pretty sure an Australian publisher, and issued all of these books at various times, not sure if they were available overseas) and claims to be from 2011, according to the tag. I'll leave the tag intact, as it seals the bag, and I already have the Pinkie Pie book and don't collect G3.5. But it was so weird that I picked it up. I'd also never seen that particular tote bag before, just plain white with G4 Pinkie & RD, and the G4 label all in pink, outlined like colouring book vectors. I'm guessing it was all overstock that was combined to sell better, those G3.5 books were shelf warmers for aages here. I found it in one of those pop-up 'all books $?' stores, this one happened to be $7. I also found some G3 colouring books I didn't have either, but those were on the discounted table, so were 3 for $5. Steal! But now I have to find my G3 colouring book stash, I think it got packed away the last time I re-organised because I thought I had all of them - I guess you learn something new every day!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Lancer

• Trade Count: (+164)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Diary of a Daydreamer
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2016, 04:34:29 PM »
I remember the old TRU in Birmingham having the Bed and Crib set (G1) when I was at university doing my undergrad in 2000-2003 (bearing in mind that G1 ended in the UK in 1994...)

My mum went there in December 2000 and still talks about how they were stacked on a trolley from floor to ceiling.  She got me one for Christmas but I wish we'd got a few to sell now!  Wonder where they eventually went?  Wouldn't have been much use to kids in an era when ponies themselves (even G2) were quite hard to find in stores and yet we don't see tons of them showing up on eBay now so guess a dealer didn't stockpile them.  Hope TRU didn't end up just throwing away the excess stock. :(

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2016, 06:25:16 PM »
my walmart still has crystal empire stuff, and the pony in baggies thats around it. newest i think is crystal palace set
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline SnorkMaiden

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2016, 07:31:29 AM »
Until a few months ago, an admittedly rather old-fashioned department store in my area was still stocking G3 Ponyville figures! I was there again before Christmas, and they seem to have arrived at G4 now. Funnily enough, they're now stocking about the same range as other local stores, so they skipped ahead a bit. :)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2016, 09:50:19 AM »
My local Toys R Us still has the large white Celestia and the small pink Celestia, Twilight and Spike from the Royal wedding line on the shelves.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal