collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Should we make any modifications to entry 11?

No (but artwork and constellations will have minor update)
12 (27.3%)
Yes, I want different colours (specify in comments)
4 (9.1%)
Yes, I want to see different constellations (specify in comments)
9 (20.5%)
Yes, combine with entry 4
7 (15.9%)
Yes, comine with entry 1
4 (9.1%)
Yes, combine with entry 3 (specify which symbol/s)
2 (4.5%)
Yes, combine with entry 4 and 1
4 (9.1%)
Yes, combine with entry 4 and 3
1 (2.3%)
Yes, combine with entry 1 and 3
0 (0%)
Yes, combine with entry 4, 1, and 3
1 (2.3%)
Other (Let us know in the comments)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: Let's Make a Pony! Round 12: "It's what my cutie mark is telling me~" [RE-VOTE!]  (Read 5746 times)

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
And here's a bump. Still need to get the brushstrokes done but just haven't had much time in front of the computer. :(

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
I got some ideas!  :)

One is more traditional TAF, the others are inspired by Rain Curls.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline aluke

• View Profile
They look awesome Bekuno. The one giant symbol is super clever, I feel like they needed to make more official ones like that. also, aurora borealis is such a great idea for a pony...now I'm checking to see if Hasbro released one.  :lol:

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
I don't really like how I did the aurora borealis. I dug through space themed OC ponies to try and get an idea but I just can't figure out how to make it look nice on a pony! I mainly showed it because it was a colorful space concept no one has mentioned here yet.

I like my UFO pony the most. I think the comet trail could work with some design tweaks.

I just wanted to give it a shot  :)
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline aluke

• View Profile
I hear you about that. The northern lights aren't exactly easy to simplify into a cartoon form, that's for sure, plus, it would probably be a better motif for a dark coloured pony. Still love the concept though.

And, I'm hear, ashamed, to admit delay again. Work is a kick in the teeth sometimes, yesterday ended up being a longer day than typical for a Thursday, I got called in tonight at the last minute and ended up closing, and I'm of course working the biggest night of the year tomorrow...Getting off work at 3AM is kind of a killer for me, so my productivity is hurting. I want to offer a constellation pony since everyone was mentioning it. Jan 1st at the latest!

Offline aluke

• View Profile
Aaaaand voting is finally live. I apologize again for the delay, especially for such a substandard representation of a constellation scheme. I have just not found any inspiration and didn't want to hold the poll behind forever since there are already such fabulous ideas to choose from. If it does happen to pass as a winner/runner up, it will be changed for the better.

Next LMaP, I will for sure request assistance so someone can pick up my slack when I get too busy. :help:

Offline aluke

• View Profile
:bump: Looks like it can go any way right now.

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
Oh man, I am just in love with star ribbon!

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
I'm really liking how lovely she looks. :heart: ...but is anyone else feeling like we are slowly making Starlight Glimmer? :lol: Starlight even has a beautiful pearlized release. Purple, blue, pink and stars just go so well together.
Sig by Corona
Wish List

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
I'm really liking how lovely she looks. :heart: ...but is anyone else feeling like we are slowly making Starlight Glimmer? :lol: Starlight even has a beautiful pearlized release. Purple, blue, pink and stars just go so well together.
If Starlight had Glow in the Dark hair and TEs xD and was a TAF (actually that would be an interesting custom idea... making G4 Starlight a TE and TAF that is :o)
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline aluke

• View Profile
New poll is live. Specify any and all changes you want to make before I modify the pony design! Comments will be especially helpful beside your vote this round. We're reaching the conclusion everyone! :green: :green: :green:

Haha, Starlight Glimmer is an interesting comparison. Maybe 'Arena Pony' was just a SunGlim that was out in the sun too long one summer. The extra symbols can just be very conveniently shaped and coloured cancer spots.  :silly:

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
If Starlight had Glow in the Dark hair and TEs xD and was a TAF (actually that would be an interesting custom idea... making G4 Starlight a TE and TAF that is :o)

I think that might be why I thought of the similarities; I was trying to think about what base would be best for a potential custom and noticed that Starlight Glimmer shares some qualities.

Hmmm... I'm not sure what constellations specifically I would want, but I would like some more real real ones. Maybe Pegasus with Andromeda nearby? But I'm not entirely opposed to as-is.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 08:23:48 PM by aintnobuffalo »
Sig by Corona
Wish List

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
This gave me an idea! What if someone designed another 5 or 6 ponies to match this one, making a full set? And since this pony is pearlized, TE, TAF and has color-changing hair, what if every other pony in this theoretical set combined 4 g1 gimmicks as well?

There could be:

-perfume puff, so soft, removable (non-flocked) saddle, and spinning tail

-princess tinsel and raised symbol, glow n show, rainbow hair, and colorswirl body markings

-sweet scented, curly striped hair, merry go round, and brush n grow hair

-crimped hair, sparkle body, lipstick, and precious pocket

-soda sippin, tropical colors, flower fantasy body markings, and princess eyelashes

-curly rainbow hair, rockin beat body markings, talking, and magic message symbol

Or any combination thereof.

They could be called the "G1 Renaissance", or something much less cheesy and uninspired than any name I can come up with haha.
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Yukiru

• Trade Count: (0)
Yay for constellations! I think 11 is awesome and would only want to add a star or two from 1. If we added anything else from 3 or 4 (as much as i love them) i feel like the design would be too busy and unfocused

Offline aluke

• View Profile
Mrbrightsky, oh, that is a neat idea. She should definitely be part of a set of multi-gimmick ponies.  :silly:

Yukiru, I definitely want to bring more cartoony/bold stars to her like Star Ribbon's, something a lot more MLP-esque than little dots. Heh.

One day left to vote. I'll have to get ready for the final round when I get back from work.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal