collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Has G4 hair quality improved with the newer wave? (Coloratura, etc)  (Read 1127 times)

Offline Poster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • Beeeee fliiiiies!
    • View Profile
Re: Has G4 hair quality improved with the newer wave? (Coloratura, etc)
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2016, 05:26:07 PM »
The pearlies appear to have that lighter, almost fishing-line-like quality to them. Feels very cheap compared to early G4 hair, but it does behave just fine sometimes; my Fluttershy, Coloratura, and Starlight Glimmer all looked great right out of the package, while Pretzel and Twilight Sparkle... not so much, heh. So yeah, definitely comes down to luck I think. Some batches just come out better than others it would seem.

That said, even though the manes aren't so great, I've found the tails on recent releases benefiting from the new hair type. Again, not as good as early G4, but better than nearly all of my Rainbow Power and Crystal Princess Celebration ponies, which had the frizziest tails I have ever seen on a legit MLP.

Offline Noxxbunny

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2016, 10:05:40 PM »
I would say that it's been getting worse lately. My Starlight's hair wasn't like that bad, but it's still frizzy and dry on the ends and the tail just feels awful. Pursey Pink's hair is okay, but it almost feels sorta greasy or something and her tail frizz is just as bad as Starlight's. They feel rough and scraggly. Compared to my earlier G4s...it's no match at all. The old ones weren't this frizzy, and it was softer to the touch.

My personal favorite pick for best G4 hair is my FS Pinkie Pie's Boutique Pinkie. No frizz, great shine, soft all over. I wish every G4 had the hair this one does. My Rainbow Power FS Rainbow Dash comes close though. So it seems 2013-2014 was my favorite time for G4 hair.

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2016, 10:17:49 PM »
Poster, yes their hair does feel much MUCH cheaper than the earlier releases.  Cheaper hair, less accessories.. I really miss the earlier releases, and wish I had gotten more of them when I had the chance!

Haruna, yes I'm only a casual G4 collector myself, but as I mentioned above I regret not getting more of the earlier releases back when!  I really miss the nice hair and cute, fun accessories. 

Noxxbunny, I also have that Pinkie, and I have to agree, she's got gorgeous hair going on!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2016, 11:52:05 AM »
The pearly Twilight Sparkle I have has the worst hair of any new pony I've ever seen in my entire life.  I might have to chop it off and rehair her.  Uneven, tangles, knots, glue, and just feels gross besides.  I think wave 1 pearlies like Coloratura have much nicer hair than wave 2, though.

Agreed i have her and was also going to rehair her. For the moment the greasy mess is in a braid, its gross

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal