collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Was G1 Applejack clumsy?  (Read 4811 times)

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Was G1 Applejack clumsy?
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2016, 07:27:30 PM »
Favorite lines:

"Apple Sauce! I've never been in a picture before. It might be fun!" cried Applejack. 

So Applejack walks in to a strange painting even though her friends are begging her not to because she thinks it might be fun?

And Majesty can just get rid of the witch by painting over her.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2016, 08:24:25 PM »
In this one it's not really clear if that was Majesty's power or her smarts:  maybe anypony could have done it if they had thought to.

Either way, I wouldn't want to annoy her.

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2016, 11:39:00 AM »
You don't want to make Majesty angry. :)  I haven't read much of the comics so I don't  know  if Majesty can always grant wishes (I thought that was one of Twilight's powers in the comics) or it was just in this story that Majesty can grant wishes.

Ponyfan

lostpony

« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2016, 11:16:48 PM »
The actual wishes parts are scrambled so I couldn't make out the words but looks like Gusty's has to do with her own magic and don't know about confetti, is singing related to her regular magic?  Might have been a property of the picture or something.

LadyMoondancer are you going to fix the images, or are they just messed up for me and working OK for others?

Also do I need to subscribe or something to get access to all of them?  I can't seem to find my way around HeckYeahPonyscans...thanks!!

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2016, 01:53:32 AM »
Every time I see this thread... "Who's a silly pony? (who's a silly pony?) Who is? You is! Applejack!" :dance: 

(We don't have a singing emoticon do we?)

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2016, 01:55:57 AM »
I'm sorry parts of the comic are scrambled for you lost pony. Some panels are darker than others on my screen but I can still read them. What browser are you using?

Confetti wished for Majesty to open the door to the cottage. Gusty wished to blow the cages down to free the baby ponies, Firefly wished for all the ponies to be back in Dream Castle. I don't think Bowtie got a wish.

I think Confetti's singing is just part of her regular magic 

Poor Applejack almost becomes a servant to an ogre in this one.  http://heckyeahponyscans.tumblr.com/tagged/The-Ogre%27s-Circle

I love Applejack's song, :)

And in this one Applejack ate two bites from an apple that put her in a deep sleep.

http://heckyeahponyscans.tumblr.com/tagged/A-Worrying-Time

A big thank you to LadyMoondancer for scanning these and posting them on her site. :)

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 12:15:39 PM by Ponyfan »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2016, 09:38:49 AM »
Thanks Ponyfan!  It's great to see people enjoying them!  :D

The pictures are uploaded to / hosted by Tumblr;  if you can't see them it might be an issue with your browser.

Regarding Applejack, even more than being clumsy, in G1 she was gluttonous.  She would overeat on apples in particular, of course.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2016, 10:56:14 AM »
She was infamously gluttonous and her appetite would get her into trouble more often than not.  Some of it imposed by Majesty...like the "crab" apple incident.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2016, 10:59:48 AM »
Majesty was highly mean if she wanted to be. You seriously didn't mess with her ;) but she was also kind sometimes too. A benevolent leader who wasn't averse to tormenting her fellow ponies if they did something she didn't like. I remember one story where she sends Lickety Split (I think?) all over ponyland delivering messages because she'd put on weight from eating too much ice cream...

I don't remember Confetti having a specific magic. I only remember her getting given the wedding dress by some weird pixies as a party dress tradition and calling it Wedding Bells. Oh, and I think Lightning flirting with her once when she had Baby Cuddles out in the buggy.

Gusty was Nurse Gusty so it makes sense she would be looking out for the baby ponies. She was responsible for them up until around 1988 when Lollipop took over.

I can't remember if Majesty always granted wishes. Magic Star on the other hand...she was the most magical pony in ponyland, not Majesty, and she did grant wishes.  (So did Rainbow Magic, but a lot later down the line).

Spoiler

She could also disappear and reappear/wink in and out I think. So much more interesting in all regards than what they did with her in the animation. I loved that there wasn't a set rule that only unicorns got to do magic or have special tricks.

I don't think we can call AJ's clumsiness or apple obsession magical though...

I seem to remember Fizzy was also quite clumsy in the comics.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 11:06:20 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2016, 11:14:25 AM »
Even in the animation, Magic Star seemed to be the most well versed in magic of all the ponies.  She could sense the innate magic of a place and she kept a good luck collection.  She was also the apparent leader of the Paradise Estate ponies since she handed out chores and had the last word on important decisions.

The animated series was too short, unfortunately.  Both in terms of number of episodes and the length of episodes.  There were too many characters to cover.  Though, they did give us Wind Whistler and Fizzy as we know them.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2016, 11:19:03 AM »
 I can safely say that Wind Whistler is the ONLY pony whose character I prefer in the animation to the comic. Paradise was never in the comic, so she doesn't count.

Comic Fizzy is special to me because she appeared in the comic around November each year and was tied up with the fireworks. She was my sister's first pony and my sister was born in November so Fizzy was 'her' pony because of that. She is cute in the animation, though.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

lostpony

« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2016, 11:27:14 AM »
this is all making me realize how remiss I've been in my G1 pursuits, spending all my time playing with the toys and quibbling over G4 instead of reading and watching G1...haha have to catch up

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2016, 12:54:33 PM »
The show never had an episode take place in November.  Pony Puppy included that span, but they might have put the fireworks on hold due to Dinah being scared of them.

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2016, 01:59:53 PM »
The show never had an episode take place in November.  Pony Puppy included that span, but they might have put the fireworks on hold due to Dinah being scared of them.

Nope, fireworks happened for Fizzy in November because of Guy Fawkes here in the UK around that time. She was the pony who made fireworks in the UK comic, thus she hosted Fizziwhizz night, and it coincided with that. It was a purely UK thing, so I doubt it would have even occurred to American animators to insert something like that. I know you have fireworks, but it's a little different - 4th July is a celebration of independence that features fireworks, but Guy Fawkes night is about celebrating the defeat of a plot to blow up parliament, with gunpowder - hence fireworks.

So Fizzy and fireworks kind of make sense, although maybe Sky Rocket would have been more so...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2016, 02:37:50 PM »
I wish the US would have had the comics too. It seems we missed a lot of personality traits of the ponies  just having the backcard stories and the animated shows. 

Here's the one about Lickety Split and the long gallop (After Paint Pot Magic)

http://heckyeahponyscans.tumblr.com/search/Split+Long

and the one about Applejack and the crab apples http://heckyeahponyscans.tumblr.com/search/crab+apples

I feel sorry for Applejack getting pinched by the crabs but maybe she learned not to be so greedy. :)

I didn't know Magic Star could wink in and out. That is really interesting. :)

Ponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal