collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New Equestria Girls Minis Revealed - The End of the full sized dolls?  (Read 4777 times)

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
Re: New Equestria Girls Minis Revealed - The End of the full sized dolls?
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2016, 09:37:33 PM »
I don't mind the idea of these replacing the full-sized dolls. These minis look so much better than the regular dolls ever did. They actually look like who they're supposed to look like.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2016, 10:36:48 PM »
Honestly as much as I like the Minis I'm going to miss the full sized dolls. I still want them to do some Minis with rooted hair and fabric clothes.
Rerooting is not an option with these dolls, they could get away with making wigs for them though

They could make a hollow rootable head. They made rootable versions of the SSC Minis back when they had the license.
But what kind of plastic was used for the head of the SSC Minis? (which I have no clue what those are xD), the only reason I said they wouldn't do so with these is due to the kind of plastic that is use.. you'd pretty much have to drill to get hair in lol

I also noted that these have stands, where as previous releases did not have stand.. I just hope they fixed some of the joint issues with the legs (being loose), I have not bought any more since buying AJ and the set with Twilight and Spike.. which I have not opened
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2016, 10:38:04 PM »
These are adorable if you like the anthro pony thing!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

cannibalism

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2016, 01:50:18 AM »
those are too cute! better than the fullsize ones imo. they have that teeny cutest pony vibe to them.
also, i am totally loving twilights science rig??!!! yes please! start those little girls in STEM right away!!!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2016, 07:30:47 AM »
Honestly as much as I like the Minis I'm going to miss the full sized dolls. I still want them to do some Minis with rooted hair and fabric clothes.
Rerooting is not an option with these dolls, they could get away with making wigs for them though

They could make a hollow rootable head. They made rootable versions of the SSC Minis back when they had the license.
But what kind of plastic was used for the head of the SSC Minis? (which I have no clue what those are xD), the only reason I said they wouldn't do so with these is due to the kind of plastic that is use.. you'd pretty much have to drill to get hair in lol

I also noted that these have stands, where as previous releases did not have stand.. I just hope they fixed some of the joint issues with the legs (being loose), I have not bought any more since buying AJ and the set with Twilight and Spike.. which I have not opened

I'm just saying as a toy company they have options open to them that the average customizer wouldn't. They can always change the materials or methods they use. The question is will they bother to do it tho.

They definitely improved on them so they break less at least. They ended up sending a bunch of the new ones to a YouTuber who had gotten some wave 1 dolls and they broke. The new ones thankfully stated intact.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline LunaMoonCustoms1212

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2016, 08:22:30 AM »
i dont own any of these, but does anyone know if you can customize these (without rerooting)?? Have you ever seen it done really good? I would love to know.  ;)

One does not simply stop collecting ponies.
Instagram: @lunamooncustoms

Offline SweetLemons

• Captain Jack Pony
  • "Ganbaruby!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2016, 09:31:50 AM »
i dont own any of these, but does anyone know if you can customize these (without rerooting)?? Have you ever seen it done really good? I would love to know.  ;)
There are AMAZINGLY well done customs on YouTube, some could pass as official Hasbro products. The Minis are very popular and thee customizers are popular too. Look up "Equestria Girls Mini customs" on YouTube and you'll see what I mean.

Here's an example: Gloriosa Daisy from the new Equestria Girls movie

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2016, 09:53:17 AM »
The full-size dolls always looked like even lower quality than the FiM brushables and blind bags, so honestly, I was never fussed with them. These are much cuter imo, though I was never interested in buying any for myself until I saw the mini. I might get her if I still like how the figurine looks in person.

The science lab Twilight Sparkle set looks really cute, too, so I might break down and get that too, lol

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2016, 10:50:42 AM »
I'm just saying as a toy company they have options open to them that the average customizer wouldn't. They can always change the materials or methods they use. The question is will they bother to do it tho.

They definitely improved on them so they break less at least. They ended up sending a bunch of the new ones to a YouTuber who had gotten some wave 1 dolls and they broke. The new ones thankfully stated intact.
True but it makes me wonder why Hasbro went with the plastic they went with for the heads
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

QueenGusty

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2016, 11:21:54 AM »
Good riddance! The fullsize dolls are terrible imo and I've always hated them. They look so cheap and are incredibly overpriced compared to what they were trying to compete with (Monster High) and just, other doll lines in general. I'm primarily a doll collector but still don't own a single fullsize EQG doll. They're just awful.

Cellyzombie: Well, *I* think you're just AWFUL and I don't like you either except maybe as a food source and even then, I'm afraid I might get FOOD POISONING!

*sniffles*

Alright now you, stop insulting my fellow board members. :sits zombling in crook of her arm:

Cellyzombie: She started it....;-;

Sorry guys, the end of the full size line is a bit of a sore subject in this household. But I even ran a full essay on it a few weeks back, I have to agree. u.u Hasbro messed what could have been up so BADLY. And I will miss my lovely full size ladies. I want a doll you can change her clothes and experiment with styles, not an action figure. The only Mini I'll get will be Celestia if they ever release her....everything else would just literally be zombie food.

Cellyzombie: I'LL EAT THEIR NEW CLOTHES STEALING FAAAAAACES!!

: shoves a chicken dipper in the zombie's mouth quickly:

Carrie

Offline SweetLemons

• Captain Jack Pony
  • "Ganbaruby!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2016, 12:24:23 PM »
Good riddance! The fullsize dolls are terrible imo and I've always hated them. They look so cheap and are incredibly overpriced compared to what they were trying to compete with (Monster High) and just, other doll lines in general. I'm primarily a doll collector but still don't own a single fullsize EQG doll. They're just awful.

Cellyzombie: Well, *I* think you're just AWFUL and I don't like you either except maybe as a food source and even then, I'm afraid I might get FOOD POISONING!

*sniffles*

Alright now you, stop insulting my fellow board members. :sits zombling in crook of her arm:

Cellyzombie: She started it....;-;

Sorry guys, the end of the full size line is a bit of a sore subject in this household. But I even ran a full essay on it a few weeks back, I have to agree. u.u Hasbro messed what could have been up so BADLY. And I will miss my lovely full size ladies. I want a doll you can change her clothes and experiment with styles, not an action figure. The only Mini I'll get will be Celestia if they ever release her....everything else would just literally be zombie food.

Cellyzombie: I'LL EAT THEIR NEW CLOTHES STEALING FAAAAAACES!!

: shoves a chicken dipper in the zombie's mouth quickly:

Carrie

Can you link us to this essay? I'd love to read about it.

QueenGusty

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2016, 12:45:01 PM »

Can you link us to this essay? I'd love to read about it.

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,381583.0.html

Here you go. :)

Carrie

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2016, 02:49:08 AM »
The Sci-Twi is so cute!

Still waiting for a second Sunset Shimmer to show up. Ugh, I wish I could have bought her when I saw her. She and Twilight are probably the only Minis I would ever get.

Offline LunaMoonCustoms1212

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2016, 06:32:10 AM »
There are AMAZINGLY well done customs on YouTube, some could pass as official Hasbro products. The Minis are very popular and thee customizers are popular too. Look up "Equestria Girls Mini customs" on YouTube and you'll see what I mean.

Here's an example: Gloriosa Daisy from the new Equestria Girls movie

Wow, Gloriosa looks great, maybe ill try my luck with one of these someday.

One does not simply stop collecting ponies.
Instagram: @lunamooncustoms

Offline Tropical_Sunset

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2016, 10:17:27 PM »
I think the minis are cute but I don't own any yet.  I would if they'd release Adagio, Cheerilee and the princesses, though.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal