collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Random Fun: Pick Alternate Poses for G1 Ponies  (Read 1170 times)

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
Random Fun: Pick Alternate Poses for G1 Ponies
« on: September 24, 2016, 08:20:42 AM »
We had a bit of a discussion about this in the G1 pose thread.  However, it should have its own.

Ponies were put into poses mostly because of the year they were released.  Especially in the first five years when these molds were first used.  So, let's say you have all the poses at your disposal and the ability to remake all of the G1 ponies.  What poses would you use?

Personally, I would swap Surprise and Wind Whistler's poses to start with.  Surprise doesn't seem like a "shy" to me.  Wind Whistler, whether a reserved intellectual or happy music lover, would be more suited to it.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Random Fun: Pick Alternate Poses for G1 Ponies
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 08:48:36 AM »
Moondancer in the Glory or Gusty Pose, I'm not crazy about the Moondancer pose

Mimic in the Powder pose, so it looks like she's quietly bird watching

Baby Fifi in the Baby Glory Pose. Wouldn't she have been a cute baby unicorn?

Shady in the Bowtie pose, she's so insecure it would make more sense. She's still super cute in the Gingerbread pose though.

Gusty needs a new pose with her ears back, her eyes squinting and pawing the ground. She's too temperamental and fierce to be in the shy unicorn pose.

Some of the boys in the Truly pose. Don't get me wrong, I love that MLP is perhaps, the only horse toyline to have a mare rearing instead of sedately standing, walking or trotting. (ahem Breyer, Grand Champions, Schleich, Peter Stone)

But a classic stallion staple is a Rearing Stallion and it would have made more sense then the European boys in the Gingerbread pose.

Hollywood in the Honeysuckle pose, so it looks like she's strolling down Hollywood Boulevard. In fact I have plans to commission someone for a Honeysuckle posed Hollywood custom in the future.

Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 09:03:41 AM »
How about the original six collector ponies? May I propose:

Snuzzle: Sugarberry pose
Butterscotch: Crumpet pose
Blossom: Posey pose
Cotton Candy: rearing pose
Minty: seeated pose
Blue Belle: Bow Tie pose

While we're working on collector's pose ponies, Lemon Drop in the Posey pose, and Peachy in the Quackers pose, perhaps?
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 09:05:31 AM »
How about the original six collector ponies? May I propose:

Snuzzle: Sugarberry pose
Butterscotch: Crumpet pose
Blossom: Posey pose
Cotton Candy: rearing pose
Minty: seeated pose
Blue Belle: Bow Tie pose

While we're working on collector's pose ponies, Lemon Drop in the Posey pose, and Peachy in the Quackers pose, perhaps?

Yes!!!

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 09:44:25 AM »

Shady in the Bowtie pose, she's so insecure it would make more sense. She's still super cute in the Gingerbread pose though.

Gusty needs a new pose with her ears back, her eyes squinting and pawing the ground. She's too temperamental and fierce to be in the shy unicorn pose.

Some of the boys in the Truly pose. Don't get me wrong, I love that MLP is perhaps, the only horse toyline to have a mare rearing instead of sedately standing, walking or trotting. (ahem Breyer, Grand Champions, Schleich, Peter Stone)

But a classic stallion staple is a Rearing Stallion and it would have made more sense then the European boys in the Gingerbread pose.

Hollywood in the Honeysuckle pose, so it looks like she's strolling down Hollywood Boulevard. In fact I have plans to commission someone for a Honeysuckle posed Hollywood custom in the future.

Oh, yes. The boys could have used so much more variety in their poses! A rearing boy pose would have been stunning, or a seated pose would have looked so handsome with those tufted Clydesdale hooves! Perhaps a variation on the Mimic pose, with one hoof boldly raised.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 09:56:03 AM »
I agree with Shady in Bow-Tie's pose.  The Gingerbread pose looks too bold for her.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2016, 10:07:06 AM »
The Bow-Tie pose would definitely work for Shady.

Maybe the Buttons pose for Gusty.  Picture her about to bring that hoof down on whatever is currently offending her.

Galaxy and Twilight in the Powder or Mimic poses would fit the two stargazing ponies.  You could picture Twilight wishing to the moon.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2016, 10:38:49 AM »

Oh, yes. The boys could have used so much more variety in their poses! A rearing boy pose would have been stunning, or a seated pose would have looked so handsome with those tufted Clydesdale hooves! Perhaps a variation on the Mimic pose, with one hoof boldly raised.

Ooh! I'd love a Big or Baby Bro in the sitting pose! Great idea!

Post Merge: September 24, 2016, 10:40:05 AM

The Bow-Tie pose would definitely work for Shady.

Maybe the Buttons pose for Gusty.  Picture her about to bring that hoof down on whatever is currently offending her.

Galaxy and Twilight in the Powder or Mimic poses would fit the two stargazing ponies.  You could picture Twilight wishing to the moon.

:lol:

I'd love to see Galaxy and Twilight in the Powder pose.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2016, 11:31:37 AM »
I agree with a lot of these. Moondancer and Sunbeam in the Gusty pose; Gusty in the Glory pose; Twilight, Galaxy and Mimic in the Powder pose, swap Surprise and Wind Whistler, I also think Snowflake would be great in the Sugarberry pose. I'd love to see Shady in the Crumpet pose, Blueberry Baskets in the Lofty Pose and Dancing Butterflies in the Whizzer pose. I'm not a fan of the Twilight Pose and wish there was another different Pegasus pose maybe along the lines of Strawberry Fair, so tall and dynamic but without the weird neck.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Blue Haired Ken Doll

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
  • Always eat your vegetables young grasshopper ♡
    • View Profile
    • My Blog ♡
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2016, 11:46:41 AM »
I'd put streaky in powder's pose, I feel like it would just work so well.
And I'd put Parasol in the posey pose <3
(ᵄ̴̶̷́ॢ ˙̮ ᵄ̴̶̷̀∗ॢ) ♡ Formerly known as Diamond Pony

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2016, 11:58:22 AM »
Pillow Talk should definitely get Sundance's pose. Her colours and symbol are so sweet and tender, that arrogant face looks so wrong on her. XD The Sundance pose has the perfect feeling for a slumber party pony. ^.^

Personally, I would swap Surprise and Wind Whistler's poses to start with.  Surprise doesn't seem like a "shy" to me.  Wind Whistler, whether a reserved intellectual or happy music lover, would be more suited to it.

YES! I love them both the way they are, but what you're saying is so true. :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2016, 12:18:54 PM »

Shady in the Bowtie pose, she's so insecure it would make more sense.

Not with her canon character (backcard in the US/comic in the UK). Insecurity was invented for the movie. It doesn't come with the toy, so shy pose for me wouldn't work for Shady. I like her in the pose she is, actually, but I guess the walking Posey pose might work for her too.

Agree with Baby Fifi as a baby unicorn.

Songster and Player should be in the prototype pose, with the wings. Love that look. Still haven't got over it being a lie ;) In fact, Swinger and Tap Dancer as well...I think they had different protoposes too.

Baby Schoolbag in the baby boy pose with feather hooves, too. Because that's how he was advertised.

Hrm. Otherwise...I always thought I'd want to change CJ and Magic Star but I actually don't, when I think about it. I've come to terms with those poses and find rearing Magic Star weird. Regular Truly should've been in a different pose for me, though, if for no other reason that we can tell her apart from a deflock without scrutinising her!

Moondancer - definitely a different unicorn pose. I don't like hers, she looks squashed. Ditto Sunbeam  I guess. The Gusty or Glory poses would be epic.

Dunno about anyone else, not off the top of my head.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2016, 01:22:21 PM »
Even Shady's backcard and her persona in the comic suggests she's an introverted pony even if not a very insecure one.  She would retreat into the magical world created by her glasses.  So, the shy pose would work.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2016, 01:35:57 PM »
Even Shady's backcard and her persona in the comic suggests she's an introverted pony even if not a very insecure one.  She would retreat into the magical world created by her glasses.  So, the shy pose would work.

I would disagree. There is nothing introverted about Shady in the comics. On the contrary, she seems more like someone who is content with her own self and thus doesn't need to be surrounded by lots of other ponies all the time. She doesn't retreat into her world but creates a world from them - and, often, uses it to help out. She couldn't be more different from the animated version, which is why the animated version has always annoyed me.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Epona

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2016, 02:07:05 PM »
The stallions would have been epic in a rearing pose.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal