collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G1 Pony Poses  (Read 2303 times)

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
Re: G1 Pony Poses
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2016, 01:20:23 PM »
I love shy Uni pose, Mimic pose and Collector's pose!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Bommels

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2016, 01:30:19 PM »
Hands down, the Buttons pose. Closely followed by the shy pegasus / Heart Throb pose. I always mix up which pose is called after which pony :lol:

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2016, 04:49:42 PM »
All pony shy poses. Especially the shy pegasus pose.

I think this is Surprise pose? That one's my favorite too!  :blush:

I never put any G1 pose I dislike because I usually find most of them endearing. G3 poses is a whole other ball game. Surprise's pose is awesome. :)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2016, 05:35:45 PM »
Collector ponies are Cotton Candy, Peachy etc. InG1

My favourite poses are Gusty, Buttons, Powder, Surprise, Whizzer, Shady, Bubbles, Truly, all the boys, wingers and the one that Up Up and Away has. I also see nothing wrong with the Glory, Bow Tie, Posey, Tootsie, Lofty, Starshine and Strawberry Fair poses. But I find Moondancer, Quackers, Dancing Butterflies, BBEs, Teeny Tinies, Newborns, Ballet, Soda Sippin' poses a little weird. I love the babies but not the really little babies I don't think they translated very well.  Like most people I love the Sea Ponies but I don't like the ones that look up as much and everyone knows the tails are the wrong way round! I love discussing sculpts/poses :)
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

cannibalism

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2016, 05:43:31 PM »
my favs are posey, big brother, bridal, and glory!

my least favorite is the "collectors" pose  :really: is she okay????

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2016, 05:56:14 AM »
Definitely the Posey pose. It looks so animated. I also love Milky Way's pose and the shy pegasus pose. <3 In particular, Sugar Apple looks so precious in that pose.

And yeah, I know it's classic, but the collector's pose looks so plain, with that sagging head. :/
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2016, 06:08:32 AM »
I have to agree that the collector's pose is my least favorite G1 pose.  I know it was first, but it shows when compared to the more dynamic and expressive poses that would come after.

I like just about all of the other poses from the first five years.  They all have their own charm.  Though, I might mix up some the poses ponies were put in.  (Surprise doesn't strike me as a "shy" pony.)
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline reanna-mator

• MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2016, 06:20:04 AM »
I have to agree that the collector's pose is my least favorite G1 pose.  I know it was first, but it shows when compared to the more dynamic and expressive poses that would come after.

I like just about all of the other poses from the first five years.  They all have their own charm.  Though, I might mix up some the poses ponies were put in.  (Surprise doesn't strike me as a "shy" pony.)

That would be an interesting topic: which ponies do you think should be in different poses?

For Surprise, I think the Whizzer pose would be perfect. :)

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2016, 06:22:54 AM »

That would be an interesting topic: which ponies do you think should be in different poses?

I could do a different thread.  However, a premier is Surprise and Wind Whistler should switch.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline reanna-mator

• MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2016, 06:25:05 AM »

I could do a different thread.  However, a premier is Surprise and Wind Whistler should switch.

If you make the topic, I'll certainly contribute! :)

And you're right, Wind Whistler would look darling in Surprise's pose. Actually, Sugar Apple is just about Wind Whistler's color. If you got a baity one, it wouldn't be hard to do a custom.

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2016, 08:14:26 AM »
Brazillian Wind Whistler is in the Surprise pose.  Though, she has her deflocked So Soft colors.  A Euro version in Surprise pose would be nice.

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2016, 08:50:03 AM »
My favorite pose actually is the collector pose, but ONLY the upright version from later Year 1 and Year 2. The FF pose is absolutely terrible. Once Hasbro corrected the pose to stand up well it's the best IMO. Nice and simple, and the facial expression is so sweet.

Otherwise I'd say the poses for Bow-Tie, Glory, Firefly, Posey, Heart Throb, Gusty . . . the Year 4 poses are generally fine minus Shady. Year 5 is generally a little more awkward (Quackers). After that things spin a bit out of control (those pocket ponies).
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

Offline reanna-mator

• MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2016, 09:05:13 AM »
My favorite pose actually is the collector pose, but ONLY the upright version from later Year 1 and Year 2. The FF pose is absolutely terrible. Once Hasbro corrected the pose to stand up well it's the best IMO. Nice and simple, and the facial expression is so sweet.

Otherwise I'd say the poses for Bow-Tie, Glory, Firefly, Posey, Heart Throb, Gusty . . . the Year 4 poses are generally fine minus Shady. Year 5 is generally a little more awkward (Quackers). After that things spin a bit out of control (those pocket ponies).

Oh, of course! I forgot Gusty's pose. It's so lovely, graceful, and some ponies wear it so well. I think Gypsy is my favorite.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2016, 09:15:35 AM »

Yeah, I'm not crazy about that pose either.

Post Merge: September 24, 2016, 09:18:03 AM

I still don't care for the collector poses.

Which is the collectors pose?

Any ponies in the original Earth Pose:
Cotton Candy, Minty, Bluebell, Snuzzle, Peachy, Lemondrop etc.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 09:18:03 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Tracks

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2016, 10:20:54 AM »
A thread on which pose we would put certain ponies in is an excellent idea!

I find the "collectors"pose of Blossom, Peachy etc very easy to display, they don't need much space!  When I can find the stuff to do it with I want to add another "tier" to my pony shelf to allow me to display the ponies 3 deep!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal