collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: G1 Pony Poses  (Read 2298 times)

Offline Epona

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: G1 Pony Poses
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2016, 02:14:54 PM »
My favorite pose is earth pony shy pose.
The poses that look weird to me are the ones that look uncomfortable for a RL horse. I still like them though.
CJ pose - looks like she is about to fall  :cry:
posey pose - the angle her head is at makes me think she is "head bobbing". RL horses "bob" their heads when they are lame.  :(
Truly`s pose makes me think "sloppy jumper, going to knock down the pole" lol  :facepalm:
Quackers pose - looks like a standard bred "pacing". For some reason I don't think ponies should "pace" (not sure why I think that)
Bubble fish, Tap dancer, Powder poses look uncomfortable neck positions
Whizzer pose looks like shes landing wrong and going to hurt her front fetlocks.

A thread on which pose we would put certain ponies in is an excellent idea!

I find the "collectors"pose of Blossom, Peachy etc very easy to display, they don't need much space!  When I can find the stuff to do it with I want to add another "tier" to my pony shelf to allow me to display the ponies 3 deep!

Have you tried using paperback novels for temporary tiers? they are the perfect width for displaying ponies, you can adjust the height by adding or removing different thicknesses. Just lay a piece of tissue/paper towel on top.

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2016, 03:00:41 PM »
It is funny, because a lot of the poses I disliked as a kid, I love now! As a kid, I tended to like those that was easiest to play with and that gave off the right impression or at least the expression that I wanted.

I really like the collector pose ponies, they are beautiful in their classical way, second I love baby Blossom pose. So so cute! Firefly & Medley have the best pegasus pose ever.
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline preciousstar

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2016, 07:13:39 PM »
i absolutely adore the Posey pose. i just find it so adorable, i love it  ^.^
current mood: :think:
MLP/LPS for trade! / my items on ebay! (account shared with my mother) / my wantlist!

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2016, 08:40:09 AM »
I really like Medley's pose and dislike Moondancer's pose. I also kinda like the sitting pose. Too few ponies were made in this pose, IMO. I don't dislike the collector pose but it was overused.

Offline Tracks

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2016, 01:36:18 PM »
A thread on which pose we would put certain ponies in is an excellent idea!

I find the "collectors"pose of Blossom, Peachy etc very easy to display, they don't need much space!  When I can find the stuff to do it with I want to add another "tier" to my pony shelf to allow me to display the ponies 3 deep!

Have you tried using paperback novels for temporary tiers? they are the perfect width for displaying ponies, you can adjust the height by adding or removing different thicknesses. Just lay a piece of tissue/paper towel on top.

I'd not thought of that, thank you.  Hubby has a huge collection of Dr Who paperback books so I might put them to good use!

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2016, 12:49:01 AM »
I used invisible wires for the whizzer pose ponies so they looked like flying... but that attracted my cats so the ponies where always fighting to stay in the air since they used to flip and fall... tried the same with flutter ponies in cloud puff pose. The wings prevented them from flipping.  :satisfied:
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2016, 11:41:49 AM »
Great topic! Interesting reading everyone's responses. My favorite poses are probably the Gusty pose, Dancing Butterflies pose, Bright Eyes pose, and Baby Glory pose. So lovely! :heart: I pretty much agree with the non-favorites mentioned already, with the exception probably of only the Teeny Tiny baby pose -- childhood nostalgia coupled with the fact that they're just adorable to me.

Otherwise, all of the Sundae Best ponies have moulds I find odd.
Yes, I heartily agree. The only exception for me in that set is Crunchberry; they modified the Tootsie pose so that she's leaning less and her head is more proportionate, so it's actually an improvement on that pose.

silveretta

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2016, 12:42:14 PM »
What a great topic! My first ponies were all collectors pose ponies, so I have a huge weakness for them. I also love the Gusty pose, the Heartthrob pose, the Posey Pose, and the Buttons pose. The only pose that I really dislike is the Quackers pose  :huh: I don't know. It's just not for me.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal