collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Which G1s (or other gens) would you like to see as a G4?  (Read 2671 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Which G1s (or other gens) would you like to see as a G4?
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2016, 01:43:13 PM »
I don't really want to see G1 as G4 now, either. That ship sailed when they weren't used for FIM in the first instance. FIM is now its own entity, so I'd keep them separated.

Not that customs made of G1 out of G4 ponies don't look adorable, they often do. But as a Hasbro thing? Nah. G1 is fine as it is, in its bubble. G4 should do its own thing.

And yeah, QC is a pain, but this is a symptom of the times we live in - manufacturers want to make the best profit they can and I think that means that if there are cheaper materials that will work as well but maybe not have the longevity, they'll use that.

G1 ponies have amazing staying power really.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2016, 02:19:56 PM »
Yeah, I really want them to wait hold of bringing back any G1 ponies.  If they brought them back, I would want it to be a as a big return of the old classics like Faust wanted to do (but the toy side wanted to make G4 essentially a continuation of G3).  Maybe for G5.

Would reissuing classic ponies in the old mold sell?  I would think so.  I think there are enough children out there that would look at them, be glad its something new (to them), and pick them up.  However, they would probably be put in a massive multipack with three of the Mane 6 you have to pay an arm, leg, and several vital organs for like Minty.  Also, they would have almost no media representation (though if they could get an IDW comic like G1 Transformers).

Yeah, either they're the starting core of a new generation, or leave them be.  They deserve more than being a side novelty of this generation.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2016, 02:36:49 PM »
Yeah, I really want them to wait hold of bringing back any G1 ponies.  If they brought them back, I would want it to be a as a big return of the old classics like Faust wanted to do (but the toy side wanted to make G4 essentially a continuation of G3).  Maybe for G5.

Would reissuing classic ponies in the old mold sell?  I would think so.  I think there are enough children out there that would look at them, be glad its something new (to them), and pick them up.  However, they would probably be put in a massive multipack with three of the Mane 6 you have to pay an arm, leg, and several vital organs for like Minty.  Also, they would have almost no media representation (though if they could get an IDW comic like G1 Transformers).

Yeah, either they're the starting core of a new generation, or leave them be.  They deserve more than being a side novelty of this generation.

Lmao! Several vital organs! Does this mean we're getting a translucent Mommy and Surprise Twins mold MLP for aspiring horse vets?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2016, 02:46:15 PM »
I walk talking about what you would have to pay for it.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2016, 02:56:09 PM »
I would happily love any G1 character made in G4 form. G1 to G4 are my favorite thing to customize and they look so cute. I particularly love TAF and Twinkle Eyes as G4 hence why I'm trying to customize these sets for myself but I would love any of them.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2016, 04:15:03 PM »
Oh yes, all the G2's!! Then I could collect all the dreamy designs and accessories. Without them being in the poses that I'm not very fond of :)
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2016, 05:03:44 PM »
I'm not actively collecting g4s, but I wouldn't say no to Wind Whistler.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Epona

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2016, 06:30:45 PM »
I love customized G1-G4.Customizers do such a great job on them, and use much better/longer/thicker hair.  I have a blossom for my army.
But I don't want Hasbro to do it because It would make me sad to see G1-4 done with poor quality.

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2016, 06:20:38 AM »
Is it truly sad that we expect poor quality from Hasbro?  This is the same company that created such lovely and durable ponies in the 80's.  Where is their pride in their work?

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2016, 06:23:32 AM »
I'm not actively collecting g4s, but I wouldn't say no to Wind Whistler.  :)

Oh heck yes. <3 I adore Wind Whistler. I think if Hasbro were to do this, classic characters would be a good place to start. I think it would be fun to see a box set of G4 versions of the original six, perhaps, but more prominent characters from the TV series would interest me more. Wind Whistler, Fizzy, Heart Throb, Paradise, Lickety Split...
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2016, 06:26:36 AM »
I'd like the second and third year unicorns and pegasi.....like the sets with Moondancer and Sparkler.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2016, 06:36:18 AM »
I'd like the second and third year unicorns and pegasi.....like the sets with Moondancer and Sparkler.

Yes! Heck, Moondancer has been on Friendship is Magic, all the more reason to have her G4'd as a toy. :)
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2016, 06:41:08 AM »
Is it truly sad that we expect poor quality from Hasbro?  This is the same company that created such lovely and durable ponies in the 80's.  Where is their pride in their work?

Who needs pride when you can have money? If bad quality sells they have no reason to improve. Its a real shame.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2016, 07:41:57 AM »
Merry treat and stockings are my votes:) I love holiday ponies. I think the twinkle eye ponies would be fun too:) no matter the toy quality...I think it would be awesome to say this was my bow tie when I was a kid to another young kid who held a G4 bow tie pony.
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2016, 07:55:59 AM »

Who needs pride when you can have money? If bad quality sells they have no reason to improve. Its a real shame.
Goodwill use to mean something.  If you made high quality toys, it reflected well on your company.  It told investors you took your craft seriously and money put into your company was going to make a return not just for now, but for a long time to come.  However, the modern investor is not looking at the long-term anymore and neither are companies.

Also, when it comes to My Little Pony, the show is all that people seem to see anymore.  The toys are a very small part of the brand.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal