collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Where are the pearlized brushables?  (Read 53053 times)

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
Re: Where are the pearlized brushables?
« Reply #105 on: October 04, 2016, 06:27:59 AM »
Found Coloratura and Starlight in Sweden this weekend!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #106 on: October 04, 2016, 08:44:56 AM »
I just got back from White City having collected my preordered Coloratura and Starlight Glimmer from Entertainer. It took less time than the web estimate of 3 days for them to be delivered to the store. Unfortunately White City is a LONG way away and Stratford is even further, so this was a long round trip ;)

I don't know why Entertainer has these online for click and collect but not in stores.

Lots of pony stuff in White City but no pearlies on the shelf.

Edit to add: Hair on these two was a ton better than on my Pretzel and Cherry Berry. So it may be luck of the draw. I haven't taken Coloratura or Starlight Glimmer to the salon to shampoo or anything yet and I think you can see that their hair is not too bad, if a bit wild...
Spoiler

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Weird how they appear to have opposite colour combs...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 11:28:37 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 05, 2016, 10:57:40 PM »
Thank you MLP Sunsparkle, Goanna, and Taffeta. I guess they went all out with wave one, then cheaped out on wave two? Hasbro consistency. :shrug:

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #108 on: October 06, 2016, 10:18:54 AM »
I saw transparent Fluttershy and Star Glimmer today at Walgreens.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 06, 2016, 01:31:10 PM »
Found Pearly Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Starlight Glimmer and Coloratura at Big Lots in North Logan, UT this afternoon.  I didn't buy them because I already had them so if anyone in the upper Utah area is looking for them, there you go.  They only had one of each.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 06, 2016, 03:24:43 PM »
I found flutter shy, pinkie pie, and starlight glimmer at big lots, starlight is now at home with me, they were the only three there.

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #111 on: October 06, 2016, 04:20:26 PM »
Thank You Pokey!!!

that little blue pony is the one I wanted!

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 06, 2016, 10:10:28 PM »
Thank You Pokey!!!

that little blue pony is the one I wanted!

You're welcome  :biggrin:

I ordered mine from Hasbro Toy Shop when they had them in and I just ordered the second wave, it should be arriving soon.  Now if Walgreen's will just get in Nurse Redheart I'll be all set...

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 07, 2016, 07:55:20 AM »
I was bad and cheated ordered mine from ebay the other day. The eight non main 6. Sadly i di not have time to hunt them all and it is a set i really wanted complete so i caffled.

Cannot wait for them to arrive

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 07, 2016, 08:19:55 AM »
I gave up and got the lot of non mane 6 on ebay. I'll be selling Starlight and Cherry once they arrive, if anyone's interested then.
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline U2QueenBee

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 07, 2016, 08:48:18 AM »
Im testing out the preorder to Entertainer store option for wave 1. It will be a fun adventure, as I'm only vaguely sure how to get to the London store I know from my new location, but I like bus adventures, so I thought I'd try it...

I ordered Coloratura and Starlight Glimmer from the Entertainer website, too, they came in the other day. There weren't any pearlies in the store itself that I could see, mostly the water cuties still. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for any more. At least it was only £5 each instead of £13+ on Amazon/ebay/etc!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #116 on: October 07, 2016, 09:11:50 AM »
Well, this is why I took the bus out to White City to collect Coloratura and Starlight Glimmer. Because it's a long way on the bus. At least an hour, and actually, technically, two buses. But I have a pass. And that's cheaper than delivery, even if I had to wait for them to get to the store.

I don't want to buy any of them off Ebay, since the origins of those ponies are a bit unknown. They may be seconds, discards, or whatever...but not buying them in the stores when they are in the stores is what will tell Hasbro not to distribute to those areas. Which may have nothing to do with the poor distribution but it may have a lot to do with it. It just seems that distribution IS getting worse. I wonder whether Hasbro are looking at it regionally and sending ponies by priority to areas that are selling better.

Entertainer getting them only on the website and not on the shelves is another instance of supply and demand since the possibility is they only have so many, and when they're gone, they get more from Hasbro. There's none of the hassle of sending them all out to stores only to have to discount huge numbers of them if they don't sell across the country. And you have to wonder if the low numbers on some shelves are due to people buying lots of them, or not many being stocked in the first place. To me having only one of each on the shelf suggests the latter.

It's something I've been thinking about lately since I saw the whole army of Rainbow Dash headband ponies in Smyths, and the problems with finding Pursey Pink. I think its better to buy them in stores unless they are definitely not going to come out in your country. Because otherwise if everyone buys them on ebay, they may stop coming to your region or your country. And that's the end of G4. Yeah, waiting is a risk. But if the whole line suffers, in some ways that's a bigger risk. That and the fact the ones on ebay, who knows if they've met the safety standards that the others have to go through to get to our shelves. If they're seconds, maybe not.

Not judging anyone because I know the distribution sucks and it makes everyone frustrated. I am just aware that a lot more people are complaining about not being able to find certain ponies now than were doing so in the past, and I wonder how much ebay has to do with it.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline CustomsRfun

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Wanted: MOC Surprise and MIB baby Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 07, 2016, 10:08:37 AM »

It's something I've been thinking about lately since I saw the whole army of Rainbow Dash headband ponies in Smyths, and the problems with finding Pursey Pink.

Is Pursey Pink sought after? I saw one in the shop but didn't take her... Anyone need one?
Open for Customs Commissions :)

LOOKING FOR:
MOC Surprise and MIB baby Surprise

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 07, 2016, 10:23:30 AM »

It's something I've been thinking about lately since I saw the whole army of Rainbow Dash headband ponies in Smyths, and the problems with finding Pursey Pink.

Is Pursey Pink sought after? I saw one in the shop but didn't take her... Anyone need one?

No, she just took a while to hit stores, I think she's reached most places by now. Even my area, with its crappy distributing, has Twilight, which means her wave is around here.
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #119 on: October 07, 2016, 04:47:24 PM »

No, she just took a while to hit stores, I think she's reached most places by now. Even my area, with its crappy distributing, has Twilight, which means her wave is around here.
I actually haven't seen Pursey in my area and we have 3 possible stores that would carry her... I'll have to check again though.. and pearl ponies are still not in my area but I know Target has Headband ponies.. I just didn't really look for Pursey XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal