collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Spa Kit?  (Read 1666 times)

Offline Rachel8125

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Emotional Wellness
Re: Pony Spa Kit?
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2016, 11:02:50 AM »
Wow! I'm intrigued by the toothpaste and denture cleaning stuff- what do you use those for?

Generally, whitening toothpaste is used to help with things like tail rust, but I believe some people have had results with it on the bodies as well in some cases. I got it mainly for tail rust.

The denture cleaning tablets are for popping inside pony bodies, then filling with warm (iirc) water - should give them a nice clean inside and loosen any gunk that may have been otherwise more difficult to get to. I haven't used any yet, but plan to use them as the initial inside cleaning treatment, followed by more "labor-intensive" things afterwards, if still needed (scrubbing and such).

:good:

Great tip!! Thanks very much!

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2016, 12:33:34 PM »
Spoiler
Wow! I'm intrigued by the toothpaste and denture cleaning stuff- what do you use those for?

Generally, whitening toothpaste is used to help with things like tail rust, but I believe some people have had results with it on the bodies as well in some cases. I got it mainly for tail rust.

The denture cleaning tablets are for popping inside pony bodies, then filling with warm (iirc) water - should give them a nice clean inside and loosen any gunk that may have been otherwise more difficult to get to. I haven't used any yet, but plan to use them as the initial inside cleaning treatment, followed by more "labor-intensive" things afterwards, if still needed (scrubbing and such).

:good:

Great tip!! Thanks very much!

No problem! Someone else had mentioned it in an older thread either here on the Corral or over in the brags, I can't recall...but I thought it sounded genius, haha so I made sure to buy a box the next time I went to the store!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2016, 11:54:08 PM »
Wow.  Your pony cabinet looks so nice.  :)

I have a larger caboodles box with:

Shampoo
Conditioner
Magic eraser
shower comb(s)

and a separate box of ribbons.

But now I feel as if I should be more organized.  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2016, 12:09:40 AM »
So well stocked an organized! My things are all over the place; some in my craft supply drawers and some under my sink. My spa/cleaning supplies include the following:
Magic Erasers
Toothbrush and nail brush
100% Acetone
Cotton balls
Conditioner
Dawn dish soap (unscented)
Paper towels

And of course all paints, rehearing supplies (rooting tool, hair colors, scents, hemostat, hair scissors, tweezers, yarn, fishing line, tumb tack, various brushes, straws, bobby pins, fabric glue, superglue) and other customizing supplies get mixed in with much of it and could be a part of spa days.
Sig by Corona
Wish List

Offline ghouldilocks

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2016, 09:48:21 AM »
Spoiler
So well stocked an organized! My things are all over the place; some in my craft supply drawers and some under my sink. My spa/cleaning supplies include the following:
Magic Erasers
100% Acetone
Cotton balls
Conditioner
Paper towels

And of course all paints, rehearing supplies (rooting tool, hair colors, scents, hemostat, hair scissors, tweezers, yarn, fishing line, tumb tack, various brushes, straws, bobby pins, fabric glue, superglue) and other customizing supplies get mixed in with much of it and could be a part of spa days.

Nice! What do you use the fishing line for? I haven't started any actual restoration yet, so I can't for the life of me think what that could be used for, haha

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2016, 11:35:32 AM »
I wish mine was orgianzied but everything ive got is in a big huge metal bowl that I use for cleaning lots of ponies. which mainly consists of:
1. Bottle brushes
2. shampoo and conditioner
3. toothpaste
4. R.I.T pink dye
5. rubber gloves
6. Acetone
7. baking soda
8. metal tongs
9. magic erasers
10.zip ties
11. fishing wire - used to pull the tails back into the right place.
12. oxy clean
by this time all my stuff is falling out the bowl.
need to pick up some cheap curlers at the dollar store mental note.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 11:39:39 AM by SkyCakes »

Offline ghouldilocks

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2016, 02:06:56 PM »
Spoiler
I wish mine was orgianzied but everything ive got is in a big huge metal bowl that I use for cleaning lots of ponies. which mainly consists of:
1. Bottle brushes
2. shampoo and conditioner
3. toothpaste
4. R.I.T pink dye
5. rubber gloves
6. Acetone
7. baking soda
8. metal tongs
9. magic erasers
10.zip ties
11. fishing wire - used to pull the tails back into the right place.
Spoiler
12. oxy clean
by this time all my stuff is falling out the bowl.
need to pick up some cheap curlers at the dollar store mental note.

Aha! Interesting. I've been going through old threads and bookmarking ones with cleaning/restoration tips...now that I think about it, some of them may have mentioned fishing line before. I'll have to consider picking some up for later lol. I already have hemostat and straws on my pony shopping list, but the last time I looked for straws, the store only had milkshake straws...they were all out of the regular kind  >_<

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2016, 02:41:06 PM »
Wow! That is the most intense pony spa kit I've ever seen!! Mine is much more basic lol.
I have a small box with butterfly hair clips, straws, paper towel, a small comb, magic eraser, and then I use conditioner from my tub lol.
I have a separate rehairing box with tweezers, needle, floss and the dollyhair.
I haven't done any oxyclean operations yet :)

Offline ghouldilocks

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2016, 07:58:35 AM »
So I was completely unsuccessful at finding ponies when I went flea marketing yesterday. I can't believe I didn't find ANY ponies!  :cloud:

Anyway, in an effort not to return empty-handed, I picked up some spa supplies at a grocery store on the way home:

Straws, a couple more scents of conditioner, and a flat iron! I had been keeping my eyes open for a reasonably priced iron that had multiple heat settings and wasn't TOO huge compared to ponies. I originally wanted one of those travel-size irons, but the ones I could find never have heat settings, and I'd be too anxious to use that on my ponies. I'm so pleased I finally found an iron that I feel goes well - now I just need a pouch for it, but of course Etsy turned up zero results with MLP or MLP-reminiscent fabric, lol.

Now I just need either needle-nose pliers and/or a hemostat, and maybe some non-metal washers for when I start replacing the metal bits in my ponies' tails. For those of you who replace washers, what kind and size do you normally get? I'm at a total loss on that  :blush:

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2016, 01:16:00 PM »
Spoiler
Magic Erasers
100% Acetone
Cotton balls
Conditioner
Paper towels

Nice! What do you use the fishing line for? I haven't started any actual restoration yet, so I can't for the life of me think what that could be used for, haha

I use the fishing line for pulling new tails through, and if I ever use the knot method for rehairing, I use the fishing line for the thread. It breaks far less often than other methods I've tried.
Sig by Corona
Wish List

Offline Epona

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2016, 03:48:08 PM »
So I was completely unsuccessful at finding ponies when I went flea marketing yesterday. I can't believe I didn't find ANY ponies!  :cloud:

Anyway, in an effort not to return empty-handed, I picked up some spa supplies at a grocery store on the way home:

Straws, a couple more scents of conditioner, and a flat iron! I had been keeping my eyes open for a reasonably priced iron that had multiple heat settings and wasn't TOO huge compared to ponies. I originally wanted one of those travel-size irons, but the ones I could find never have heat settings, and I'd be too anxious to use that on my ponies. I'm so pleased I finally found an iron that I feel goes well - now I just need a pouch for it, but of course Etsy turned up zero results with MLP or MLP-reminiscent fabric, lol.

Now I just need either needle-nose pliers and/or a hemostat, and maybe some non-metal washers for when I start replacing the metal bits in my ponies' tails. For those of you who replace washers, what kind and size do you normally get? I'm at a total loss on that  :blush:

2 zipties

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal