collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The current state of the G1 market (esp Paradise Estate)  (Read 2329 times)

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: The current state of the G1 market (esp Paradise Estate)
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2016, 11:48:37 PM »
It makes me wonder why Hasbro didn't build vertically instead of horizontally.

That's a good question! I'd honestly love to know their reasoning.

I don't know much about 80s toys beyond MLP, but all the big playsets I remember from my childhood (late 90s to 2000s) were vertical. Some small ones spread out more horizontally but anything on the scale of PE went upwards. I think in some way that makes me want PE more. Its so unique! It makes PE seem a lot more grand, imo, even if vertical would be easier to handle.

Not that the grandness really matters when no one has a place to put it, haha.

Guys, this can totally be done.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That looks awesome.  :D
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2016, 01:14:13 PM »
It makes me wonder why Hasbro didn't build vertically instead of horizontally.

That's a good question! I'd honestly love to know their reasoning.

I don't know much about 80s toys beyond MLP, but all the big playsets I remember from my childhood (late 90s to 2000s) were vertical. Some small ones spread out more horizontally but anything on the scale of PE went upwards. I think in some way that makes me want PE more. Its so unique! It makes PE seem a lot more grand, imo, even if vertical would be easier to handle.

Not that the grandness really matters when no one has a place to put it, haha.

Guys, this can totally be done.

That looks awesome.  :D

I would def need Paradise Towers for my apt, vs Paradise Estate XD

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2016, 03:44:37 PM »
I'm the same as Purpleglasses... It just doesn't fit in my ponyverse. Which is handy because I'd never have the space. I'm still after Dream Castle.
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2016, 04:57:15 PM »
Oooooh I've been away--happy to see my post is still alive! :)

The PE is definitely fun to set up and look at but I am a Year 2 devotee and so I will always be Team Dream Castle. I also prefer an MLP world that doesn't require electricity . . . aren't ponies pre-industrial? Are the PE kitchen appliances and ceiling fans powered by the Dream Valley Electric Company? Did the sea ponies rig the waterfall to produce hydroelectric power? So many questions . . .

Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2016, 05:19:58 PM »
I dont care for the scooters and electricals in g3/4 but I do have Perfume Puff Palace. Anything fancy can be explained magic imo why choose transport as mundane as a scooter? Or dry your hair with a horrible noisy hairdryer. Lol at hydroelectric Waterfall though! I think I may be more of a hippy than I thought because I'm liking the idea of hydroelectric more than fossil fuels.  What about Tug and Steamer though?! They needed coal. Not in my collection, perhaps subconsciously for this reason. So off topic, sorry :p
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Epona

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2016, 05:50:40 PM »
Yes Ive always found it strange that in the G4 toys there are cars and scooters but in the show everything is pony-powered.

Offline goddessofpeep

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2016, 10:31:44 PM »
I always thought the scooter idea was recycled from G3.  I think one of the RC cars was just a straight re-release of something that came out either late G3 or into G3.5. You saw more of both early on in the G4 line, so I assumed it was either leftover designs originally intended the previous generation, or just blatant Hasbro laziness and lack of inspiration for anything new.

I liked the scooters in G3, so I've always been happy to see them even if they don't make sense now.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2016, 10:01:07 AM »
To me Paradise Estates was always unexciting because I grew up in a ranch-style house:

I know PE is supposed to be "a mansion", but to me it just looked like a big pink and blue ranch-style house.  Like the one I grew up in.  The most boring kind of house in existence.

ValetOfSpring, I know what you mean, I also prefer my ponies not to have electricity and appliances.  And just being . . . less suburban than PE seems to imply ponies are.  The thought of ponies sitting on the pony-couch watching the pony-TV kills me a little inside.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Epona

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2016, 01:50:15 PM »
Just saw a PE for $75CAD in BC with accessories
PE shell in quebec for $40CAD
And a perfume parlor shell in Saskatchewan for $3.00CAD

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2016, 02:48:27 PM »
To me Paradise Estates was always unexciting because I grew up in a ranch-style house:
I know PE is supposed to be "a mansion", but to me it just looked like a big pink and blue ranch-style house.  Like the one I grew up in.  The most boring kind of house in existence.

I never thought it looked fantasy enough as a kid, I preferred the castles. But the style I always saw was the Spanish revival popular in Cali. Terra cotta tile roof, stucco siding and wrought iron details.  A cartoon/pink version of old Hollywood movie star homes it always made me think of. I guess the flutter pony Hollywood actually matches up as the perfect resident. :)

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2016, 03:45:57 PM »
Yesssss Hollywood. It all makes sense!

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2016, 04:08:04 PM »
ValetOfSpring, I know what you mean, I also prefer my ponies not to have electricity and appliances.  And just being . . . less suburban than PE seems to imply ponies are.  The thought of ponies sitting on the pony-couch watching the pony-TV kills me a little inside.

Yes, me too! And I also grew up in ranch style house, so that may also explain my preference for castles. Sadly though my parents' house didn't have an indoor (semi-indoor?) pool!
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2016, 09:16:34 PM »
I was extremely lucky to find mine locally for only $15  :frolic: but it's missing 2 of the buildings so I'll have to hunt those down one day and figure out which accessories I'm missing. It's in a box until the basement is developed and I can finally have my pony room. I feel like playset prices are down right now too. I agree that shipping costs and space are the deterrents. I've gotten most of mine locally for that reason. I've also noticed that prices go up and down depending on what's popular at the moment.

Offline Mainsail

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2016, 03:27:19 AM »
I've been away from MLP stuff for a while, myself. But I imagine the prices are pretty up there for it. I don't own it myself because, well, I don't have the space for it. :( I've been wanting to sell a bunch of my other playsets due to space, and just focus on collecting the ponies themselves.

My MLP Tumblr

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal