collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Was I accidentally bitchy?  (Read 1450 times)

Offline FarDreamer

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • The "Mystery" Pony from Firefly's Adventure!
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Preservation Project
Was I accidentally bitchy?
« on: September 04, 2016, 09:56:18 PM »
I bought an inexpensive Spike Fash'em from an Ebay seller a couple of weeks ago.  He was supposed to get here by 8/31.  When he wasn't here on 9/2 I messaged the seller to see what might be up.  I wasn't especially worried since he was only a couple of days late, but I think I accidentally opened a case with Ebay.  All I did was select something like "contact seller" and when asked why I selected "item not received" or something like that.  I've messaged sellers before but I've never gotten messages from Ebay talking about using their resolution center and closing the case.  I'm guessing this is automatic because I selected the "item not received" option?

Did I cause her problems unnecessarily?

Of course, it is now 9/5 and he still hasn't arrived, so maybe I actually did the right thing?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart:  www.MLPpreservationproject.com  :heart:
A comprehensive resource for information on the restoration
of ponies, accessories, and playsets from all generations!

shintoji

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Was I accidentally bitchy?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 10:21:47 PM »
the seller shouldnt have problems, and opening a case isnt considered rude. as long as they dont hold back on communication, they should be fine so theres nothing to worry about

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 05:08:37 AM »
It wouldn't be here on 9/5 because it's a holiday and mail doesn't travel on holidays. It might be here tomorrow. The good thing about cases is the case gives time and communication, including a chance for the seller to post a tracking number and a few days for mail to move. If the mail was going through areas recently hit by the hurricane, it may take longer, so keep that in mind.

But, yeah, if you click on item not received it will open a case. If you would have clicked "other" it would have allowed you to send your message.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 05:52:15 AM »
It's sort of tricky how Ebay opens a case when you just want to communicate with a buyer. But I think the buyer doesn't have any against them unless the case ends in your favor. So no, you weren't being bitchy. You have a right to communicate with your buyer.

That said, I don't think I'd bother contacting the buyer unless the item was a week late-- or if I really had a suspicion they didn't mail it out. And with no tracking, then you never really know unless you do talk to your seller.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 04:52:52 PM »
Unfortunately it's really easy to "accidentally" open a case when really all you wanted to do was talk to the seller. :(  I don't think you were "bitchy", but I'm glad you brought this up, because my understanding is that selecting "item not received" absolutely does cause a seller problems, and I'm sure a lot of buyers are unaware of that.

It's really annoying that eBay designed their message system like that.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 12:58:18 PM »
I think you can still find an option to just contact a seller but Ebay has made it so much harder to do. Some sellers would rather the whole issue was up there in the open, and others not...so it depends. But I don't think you can be blamed, since it's Ebay's formatting that has made it harder to just ask as question of a seller without going into formal process.

Also by opening a case it means that option is no longer remaining if the case were to be closed...so it maybe makes Ebay's life easier but not necessarily the buyer's. In any case, if /when you receive it, you can close the case yourself and end of issue...and if you don't, opening a case was probably right?
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal