collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What size is your Pony Room? Apartment Pony Rooms!?  (Read 825 times)

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
What size is your Pony Room? Apartment Pony Rooms!?
« on: August 31, 2016, 02:03:04 AM »
Hello there! So husband and I are brainstorming ideas for a G4 pony room!  Im wondering if our empty bedroom we dont even use is too small to even be a pony room. Its about 12ft X 13ft and then 10ft tall ceiling bedroom that we wanted to make into a pony room. We live in a medium sized apartment but we dont use the bedroom for anything and since we plan on staying here a few more years we want to turn it into a temporary pony room to enjoy since we arent quite ready (credit-wise) to get a house by ourselves yet. We dont actually own a bed, and the bedroom is almost entirely empty with no furniture. All we want to add in the room to hold our G4 collection is a few Billy book shelves from Ikea, clear nail polish wall racks, and a few floaty shelves. Does 160ish sqft sound too small for a ponyroom or do I need to relax and get busy working on that ponyroom?

Does anyone here have apartment pony rooms!? I'd LOVE to see pictures of them!

Also those with pony rooms in houses, what size is your pony room (in ft x ft, square ft, etc)?

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What size is your Pony Room? Apartment Pony Rooms!?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 07:39:21 AM »
People have made gorgeous pony rooms in much smaller spaces that that so I say go for it!

I've never measured my pony room but it's a bedroom in a three bedroom house, maybe 2/3 the size of the master? 

Offline ebmerc

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 07:52:34 AM »
I live in a two bedroom apartment and managed to display a staggering amount of dolls + ponies along one corner and wall. ^^; I make great use of my space by using risers, floating shelves and IKEA shelves. Sadly no photos since I'm doing a major rearrange atm.

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 09:08:23 AM »
I have about twenty feet of wall wide and seven feet high. Another three feet wide if you add dolls. But my hutches have closed storage on the bottom two thirds that take a big chunk out.

For an apartment I'd definitely say shelves with risers in back utilize the sides and top. You can hang a net up high for plush with minimal wall damage.

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 09:11:24 AM »
I live in a studio apartment - so no pony room. I have limited space. So I'd go with use it if you've got it.

Offline Epona

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 09:53:54 AM »
I wish I had an entire room to display ponies. I just have random shelves around my house.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2016, 09:58:52 AM »
I need to measure my pony room in my house. I have a 3-bedroom house and the smallest bedroom is where I display my ponies and it's enough- I just need more shelves! :lol: The room was a small office when the previous owners lived there, and it was big enough that they a tall cabinet, two desks, two computer chairs, and both of them computer set-ups in there with room to spare.

Yeah, I'll just measure it when I get home. :P
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2016, 10:15:33 AM »
I don't have a pony room :(

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2016, 10:44:11 AM »
My ponyroom was my former office , so I still have 3 desks in it and a corner pc tower , they are all metal/glass ,I will be taking them into the sunroom eventually and I will use that space for pony displays, so right now the desks act a s shelve for ponies and play sets :) and then above I have some floating shelves screwed into the walls above those desks , also have  2 displays  1 is large  french style ,the other is one of those glass towers from ikea :)
this room is 11x11 sqft :)  this room has a window that looks into sun room  that I have converted into  a display as well, i was using the window sill as a shelf ,so i added a couple more on to the window to showcase my funkos :)
sometimes you have to maximize every corner :)

I also added a corner piece of glass that belonged to my desk , but somehow i ended up loosing the stuff to assemble it back and just used the glass to make a higher up shelf tier to the corner area ,resting as well on to the window sill :)

as you might have come across , even the ceiling area is used , i hung many mib g3s with a ribbon tacked into the ceiling sheetrock :)
hope they never fall  :biggrin:

my guest room does have some ponies too, I have another vintage  pony display in there and a highboy as well with ponies inside (my first pony display )

I do want to keep adding vintage pony displays , they are awesome to display loose ponies :

I have reach the limit though on space, I have packed a lot od the g4s mib and have them in a closet as well
as I prefer my g2 mocs to be on display .

my hall way is used for moc and mib ponies too :)

I dream about building a  new garage and a cool pony room on  top  made into showcasing the collection :) we'll see .......

GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline shelvesofwhimsy

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Shelvesofwhimsy
    • View Profile
    • Toy Collector & Miniature Maker
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2016, 11:43:14 AM »
I wish I had a designated pony room XD But living in a two bedroom apt there isn't really any room. I know my collection is dispersed on shelves around the apt. But I say no room is too small, and go for it!!

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2016, 04:45:08 PM »
My pony/craft room is our 3rd bedroom, which I believe measures around 8x10x7.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2016, 06:14:17 PM »
I guess my bedroom doubles as a pony room since they've taken it over.  I think the bedroom is 12'x14'

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2016, 08:11:31 PM »
It would depend a bit on how large your collection is and how you prefer to display it, but that seems like plenty of room to me. When I had a spare room I think it was close to that size and I didn't come near to filling it with all my collectibles and art supplies. I did put a lot of thought into organizing and never collected MIB though.
I've found the nail polish wall racks fit perfectly on the wall space behind a door. It's a good use of that area that you need to keep bookcase-type shelves clear of, if you don't mind them being in a spot like that.
I've hung them there in both my previous and current  house.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 08:13:05 PM by Flitter »

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2016, 08:34:33 PM »
Apartment pony rooms are hard!  I had one back when we lived in an apartment (no pics though, can't find them) but I was only lucky enough to have one as we had a spare room.  I used to display my collection in my bedroom in my other apartments in bookcases/wall shelves.

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline BethMcBeth

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.BethMcBeth.com
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2016, 09:38:38 PM »
Go for it! Display them as you can! :D I have some space in the play room in my house mostly up high shelves and cabinets. :P Then my sons toys are all around the ground level. :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal