collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is it the End of the Line for EQGs?  (Read 2820 times)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Is it the End of the Line for EQGs?
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2016, 06:55:57 AM »
I feel like the actual dolls are phasing out.  I think now Hasbro is moving on towards the figure versions of the dolls.

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2016, 07:08:55 AM »
For some reason, the EQG dolls never appealed to me. As both a collector of MLP G4 and Ever After High, I expected to like them, but they just looked too expensive for the quality they were.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2016, 11:06:23 AM »
I'm still wondering what is going on with articulated Lemon Zest and Sunny Flare.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2016, 12:30:39 PM »
The ultimate irony of this little doll production spat between companies is a loss of quality in both lines. Monster High (and also EAH, which uses similar articulation, if a little less colour palette) began as very high quality dolls and even the budget release dolls up to now had still got articulation. Even the ones that didn't get stands, like the Boo York Frightseers, or whatever the set is properly called. Now we have Monster High dolls with no articulation in limbs and painted shoes (apparently).

Meanwhile, EQG never began with the same level of articulation and detail as Monster High, but did undercut the retail price on some equivalent releases. Now they're cheapening their line because you know, competing with MH is hard.

So basically, the two lines have battered each others' sales so much that the solution on both sides seems to be cheapen the dolls = save money.

Oh yes.  By this time you have noticed this is Mattel vs. Hasbro's MO. :)  They've been doing this for years. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2016, 02:25:22 PM »
I sure hope not :( I'm not a fan of the Minis.. I wouldn't at all be surprised if they did phase out the dolls in favour of the Minis, though; they definitely seem to be more popular.

lostpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2016, 02:39:57 PM »
Well...that's what happens when you leave a zombie on your table to eat your brain...life as a zombie is never satisfying!

I was interested in the minis because i like the little rubber skirt on Rarity but I just couldn't buy her due to the weird huge and misshapen head...I keep looking at her in stores but still can't get over that head.

I saw a full size one more recently too and felt like buying it until I saw it up close....don't recall what I didn't like about it but it just wasn't good for the money I guess.

Now, Ever After High dolls have been turning up real cheap in the thrift store near me and I bought a few of those just because they are articulated enough to sit them on ponies...haven't done that yet but they're in my heap of stuff from the thrift store in case I get the urge.  I also bought the one with a dragon new because the dragon kept calling to me and then it was on sale and I didn't have money but then I saw it on sale at antoher store for less and I grabbed it...the figure doesn't fit it very well but has that ugly clip that sticks it there anyway so, now I got the dragon....but no ECG full size or mini. 

Anything not articulated enough to sit on a pony isn't going to end up in my collection, well until it eats my brain!  Thanks for the warning!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal