collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Intergrity Toys MLP Dolls  (Read 13082 times)

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Intergrity Toys MLP Dolls
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2016, 12:47:11 AM »
Not liking this concept. I'd like the Fluttershy & Rainbow Dash dolls if they lost the MLP clothing, tattoos, etc... and were marketed as something completely unrelated to MLP.

Offline Crystal-Sushi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Consistently broke :0
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2016, 02:18:01 AM »
I think these are really cool - I like different interpretations of popular characters (like that Tonner doll collection with the Joker as a lady, stuff like that) and that these aren't literally meant to be the characters - simply mega-fans of said characters, which I think is pretty cool. Also there's more guys as I guess the perception is that most bronies are dudes and the designer wants to represent that?
Tl:dr they're cool and I like 'em  ^.^
I finally found my grail! :heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SummerSkye

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2016, 09:08:12 AM »
I'm a doll collector and these horrify me. I don't know if they are trying to hard to be cool and relate to bronies or to be generally trendy but it comes across super cringey to me. Then again I grew up with G1s and also find current fashion hideous so I guess my opinion is weighted a little towards the "get off my lawn" camp.

Er, Fluttershy's flower crown is nice. Kinda lost me after that, tho. Actually, FiM has completely lost me. *Rocks in rocking chair*

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2016, 12:25:58 PM »
I really like them, but they are too rich for my blood.  I'm really not sure what market they are trying to appeal to here honestly. :huh:

Agreed on both! I wonder if they really limit how many they make? I'd be curious to know...is it like 10 of each doll? The Jem dolls they make seem to sell out.

Well- being a long time Integrity doll collector - and a member of the wclub forum (where the current members are discussing these) I can answer some of the questions:

1. Edition size and will they stick to it:  The edition sizes are 500 each- Integrity actually means 500 when it says 500 so you will not see the dolls again once they are gone. You could see the same character, but it would have a different hairstyle and outfit and face screening.

2.  Who are they targeting? :  Mostly people who already collect Integrity dolls- the Jem line is ending so they are posed to take the place of that collection.  Also collectors lines like Dynamite Girls and Color Infusion seem into them. There are also plenty of Silkstone collectors that like popculture type dolls (like Tokidoki barbie).  However, based on the super small edition size (500 is on the smaller side) and the fact that they are being sold only through the Integrity direct shop- it doesn't look like they are trying to reach beyond their own established market. 

I will say based on the reaction in the wclub already- these dolls are popular and likely to sell out fairly quickly. Especially Fluttershy and Applejack. Edition sizes of 500 (except for a couple of unpopular looks/obscure characters) have sold out pretty fast in the Jem line so I think these will sell out fast too. 

Personally I think they are adorable and creative and I wish I could get them all!  But I can't really afford to do that- so I might just get my favorites.  Fluttershy, Twilight and... maybe Pinkie.  I'll look for Rainbow Dash's accessories on ebay.  AJ is cute- but I don't know if I need him. I really like the Rarity boy's hair and accessories- but not his outfit so much.

The company actually presented the dolls via a webinar to the wclub members- and one thing that the designer said that was exciting- was that his "favorite" in the collection- has not yet been revealed.  He was soooo excited- I have to assume based on this comment that there is a Chrysalis or Luna or Nightmare Moon type doll coming up (or at least I HOPE so)

Just out of curiosity do you think there will be male dolls for Fluttershy and Twilight or female dolls for the other 4?

It probably depends on how long the license runs- since the dolls are just "fans" of the characters- they can be either sex, and look any way the designer wants.

But- we didn't start getting repeat characters in the Jem line until the third year- and I don't see this line lasting quite so long (but who knows).

I have a feeling the designer is planning characters based on other ponies first- like maybe Luna or Muffins.

You also mentioned the Jem line is ending. Was that last bunch the last ones ever or are they planning on going out with a bang?

Oh that's just a guess/assumption I guess- the line has slowed WAY down and the dolls aren't selling out anymore, not even the best ones in small editions. (Editions of 500 usually sell out within the hour but there are still some of the latest release in the shop).  So I suspect the market is saturated. The dolls are just too expensive to buy the same characters with different styling I think, and they have now gone through all of the major characters and a lot of the obscure characters as well. So I don't see the license being renewed for next year, but of course I have no idea what will really happen.  Maybe Integrity will surprise us!

I DO know we are still supposed to get some kind of awesome surprise for Jem that is yet to come- we don't know what it will be, maybe Graphix (that is what a lot of people are speculating) or Wedding Kimber is another good bet based on the voting-  personally I am hoping for a playset Synergy Console but I think that hope is very slim...

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2016, 01:18:41 PM »
I think Fluttershy and Twilight are very well done, except for the huge print on Twilights shirt. The others are pretty cheesy to me, but I like it! Especially Rarity is just amazing!  :lol:

I do like them for what they are, but I have no need to own them, especially at that pricepoint.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2016, 01:31:48 PM »
Hmm.

I appreciate the bio blurbs that have been released for them.  That said, why weren't these characters given names along with their online profile names?  I mean, I totally renamed my Barbies, but she had a name.  This online persona seems kinda impersonal, IMHO. 

I'm really unclear about what audience they were going for. 
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2016, 02:07:26 PM »
Hmm.

I appreciate the bio blurbs that have been released for them.  That said, why weren't these characters given names along with their online profile names?  I mean, I totally renamed my Barbies, but she had a name.  This online persona seems kinda impersonal, IMHO. 

I'm really unclear about what audience they were going for.

I think it was just the designer's idea- the sculpts actually do have names, like the Fluttershy is actually Erin, she is a Nu Face doll.

The dolls are definitely targeted at Fashion Doll collectors-(people who already collect fashion dolls and aren't shocked by the prices) and specifically those who like MLP.

Offline FarDreamer

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • The "Mystery" Pony from Firefly's Adventure!
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Preservation Project
« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2016, 07:05:12 PM »
I'm really not sure what market they are trying to appeal to here honestly. :huh:

Bronies?  It's like Barbie in cosplay.

:heart:  www.MLPpreservationproject.com  :heart:
A comprehensive resource for information on the restoration
of ponies, accessories, and playsets from all generations!

Offline Jorgito93

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 23, 2016, 06:23:36 AM »
I'm really not sure what market they are trying to appeal to here honestly. :huh:

I don't think bronies will buy 130$ dolls when most of them don't buy any hasbro merchandise.I'm pretty sure they made it for doll collectors

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2016, 06:51:40 AM »

I don't think bronies will buy 130$ dolls when most of them don't buy any hasbro merchandise.I'm pretty sure they made it for doll collectors
I agree, I've already checked out the reception on that one well known brony website and the majority of em hate the dolls  :lol: which is great for those who do actually want the dolls...more for us!!!!  :P
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Jorgito93

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2016, 07:02:41 AM »

I agree, I've already checked out the reception on that one well known brony website and the majority of em hate the dolls  :lol: which is great for those who do actually want the dolls...more for us!!!!  :P
I still love how some of them think everything mlp related is made for them

Offline Olympus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2016, 02:15:55 PM »
*Shrugs* Eh.  :| I don't really mind. Won't be purchasing them though.

The guys, especially AJ and Rarity (or 'Elusive', as her male counterpart is called sometimes), got a good giggle out of me.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2016, 06:13:50 AM »
Wow these are really awesome and I would love to have one but I can't pay $130 for one even if they would be worth it.

Offline gullideth

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Secret Surprise Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2016, 10:42:08 AM »
nope
nope
nope

Love Integrity Jem dolls, but these are just....dumb.

Princess Lala

« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2016, 11:06:30 AM »
I want the Rarity and Twilight one suuuuper bad but $130 is too much for these..X____X saving for a resort beach vacation too for our 8 year anniversary , so obviously more important. These dolls look so neat though! I know they are limited to so and so pieces and are while stock lasts online but I still hope I can someday at least get a chance to buy the Twilight inspired doll later on!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal