collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Intergrity Toys MLP Dolls  (Read 13079 times)

shintoji

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Intergrity Toys MLP Dolls
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2016, 08:45:38 AM »
i personally love that there are as many male dolls as there are, i dont get to see that often. i especially love that rarity is just a super fancy and fashionable boy rather than a generic girl with purple hair. i love that theyre not directly supposed to be the ponies theyre representing, and rather are just inspired by them. imo, if you want an accurate mlp doll, theres already a whole line for that!! :P i can understand why people dislike them i guess, but i personally feel the exact opposite

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2016, 09:26:16 AM »
I adore these :D There's so much hate for them online right now and i legit love them :D I love the designs and might have to get myself a fluttershy one. If they were cheaper i'd also get Rarity because he looks amazing :D I seriously love them :D

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2016, 10:01:05 AM »
I.... oh.

Why are there only two girls? They could've easily made it an even 3 girls/3 boys, why didn't they? And who the heck are they even trying to market these to... I agree that they definitely seem like the designer's pet project.

Just bizarre.. I kind of find them hilarious, in a "why does this even exist" kind of way, lol.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2016, 10:05:11 AM »
They're just meant to represent MLP fans, apparently.

Like I said before I wish fashion dolls would go back to being fashion dolls. Back in the day you'd have a doll or a couple of dolls in a set an then tons of outfits and accessories. Now companies force you to buy the same doll over and over just redressed in a different outfit.

It would have been so much more awesome if it had been one male, one female and you can buy all the outfits (male or female) and redress rewig them.

If you're a girl and your favorite pony is say Applejack you're stuck with a dude fan doll. Which is fine I guess but if it's supposed to represent fans, I'm a girl so I want it to be a girl Applejack, etc. etc. And I'm stuck with a dude and outfit I don't like very much. I wouldn't mind if I thought the dude looked cool...but meh.

These are high end adult collector dolls. They are more meant to be displayed than to played dress up with.

I do wish they had done one of each tho. That way no matter what you are or what pony you love you could find one that represents you. And maybe some fan fave ponies like Trixie, Octavia, DJ, and a certain grey pegasus.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2016, 11:35:54 AM »
and a certain grey pegasus.

I WISH some company would do a doll of her. I'd be all over that. One day i really hope she gets one :)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2016, 04:44:24 PM »
I really like them, but they are too rich for my blood.  I'm really not sure what market they are trying to appeal to here honestly. :huh:

Agreed on both! I wonder if they really limit how many they make? I'd be curious to know...is it like 10 of each doll? The Jem dolls they make seem to sell out.

Well- being a long time Integrity doll collector - and a member of the wclub forum (where the current members are discussing these) I can answer some of the questions:

1. Edition size and will they stick to it:  The edition sizes are 500 each- Integrity actually means 500 when it says 500 so you will not see the dolls again once they are gone. You could see the same character, but it would have a different hairstyle and outfit and face screening.

2.  Who are they targeting? :  Mostly people who already collect Integrity dolls- the Jem line is ending so they are posed to take the place of that collection.  Also collectors lines like Dynamite Girls and Color Infusion seem into them. There are also plenty of Silkstone collectors that like popculture type dolls (like Tokidoki barbie).  However, based on the super small edition size (500 is on the smaller side) and the fact that they are being sold only through the Integrity direct shop- it doesn't look like they are trying to reach beyond their own established market. 

I will say based on the reaction in the wclub already- these dolls are popular and likely to sell out fairly quickly. Especially Fluttershy and Applejack. Edition sizes of 500 (except for a couple of unpopular looks/obscure characters) have sold out pretty fast in the Jem line so I think these will sell out fast too. 

Personally I think they are adorable and creative and I wish I could get them all!  But I can't really afford to do that- so I might just get my favorites.  Fluttershy, Twilight and... maybe Pinkie.  I'll look for Rainbow Dash's accessories on ebay.  AJ is cute- but I don't know if I need him. I really like the Rarity boy's hair and accessories- but not his outfit so much.

The company actually presented the dolls via a webinar to the wclub members- and one thing that the designer said that was exciting- was that his "favorite" in the collection- has not yet been revealed.  He was soooo excited- I have to assume based on this comment that there is a Chrysalis or Luna or Nightmare Moon type doll coming up (or at least I HOPE so)

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2016, 06:51:50 PM »
I really like them, but they are too rich for my blood.  I'm really not sure what market they are trying to appeal to here honestly. :huh:

Agreed on both! I wonder if they really limit how many they make? I'd be curious to know...is it like 10 of each doll? The Jem dolls they make seem to sell out.

Well- being a long time Integrity doll collector - and a member of the wclub forum (where the current members are discussing these) I can answer some of the questions:

1. Edition size and will they stick to it:  The edition sizes are 500 each- Integrity actually means 500 when it says 500 so you will not see the dolls again once they are gone. You could see the same character, but it would have a different hairstyle and outfit and face screening.

2.  Who are they targeting? :  Mostly people who already collect Integrity dolls- the Jem line is ending so they are posed to take the place of that collection.  Also collectors lines like Dynamite Girls and Color Infusion seem into them. There are also plenty of Silkstone collectors that like popculture type dolls (like Tokidoki barbie).  However, based on the super small edition size (500 is on the smaller side) and the fact that they are being sold only through the Integrity direct shop- it doesn't look like they are trying to reach beyond their own established market. 

I will say based on the reaction in the wclub already- these dolls are popular and likely to sell out fairly quickly. Especially Fluttershy and Applejack. Edition sizes of 500 (except for a couple of unpopular looks/obscure characters) have sold out pretty fast in the Jem line so I think these will sell out fast too. 

Personally I think they are adorable and creative and I wish I could get them all!  But I can't really afford to do that- so I might just get my favorites.  Fluttershy, Twilight and... maybe Pinkie.  I'll look for Rainbow Dash's accessories on ebay.  AJ is cute- but I don't know if I need him. I really like the Rarity boy's hair and accessories- but not his outfit so much.

The company actually presented the dolls via a webinar to the wclub members- and one thing that the designer said that was exciting- was that his "favorite" in the collection- has not yet been revealed.  He was soooo excited- I have to assume based on this comment that there is a Chrysalis or Luna or Nightmare Moon type doll coming up (or at least I HOPE so)

Just out of curiosity do you think there will be male dolls for Fluttershy and Twilight or female dolls for the other 4?

Av by Moonflower.

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2016, 10:25:19 AM »
We received an official heads up from them today and here are the dolls. :)

http://www.mlpmerch.com/2016/08/integrity-toys-shows-dolls-order-details.html

They look like knock-off Equestria Girls dolls.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2016, 01:55:44 PM »

Just out of curiosity do you think there will be male dolls for Fluttershy and Twilight or female dolls for the other 4?

It probably depends on how long the license runs- since the dolls are just "fans" of the characters- they can be either sex, and look any way the designer wants.

But- we didn't start getting repeat characters in the Jem line until the third year- and I don't see this line lasting quite so long (but who knows).

I have a feeling the designer is planning characters based on other ponies first- like maybe Luna or Muffins.

Post Merge: August 18, 2016, 01:59:33 PM

We received an official heads up from them today and here are the dolls. :)

http://www.mlpmerch.com/2016/08/integrity-toys-shows-dolls-order-details.html

They look like knock-off Equestria Girls dolls.

Oh they're definitely licensed by Hasbro.

They're pretty different than play-line dolls like the EQ girls. They are fully jointed (knees, hips, waist, elbows, shoulders, ect) - and the joints are actually pretty, not like the made to move barbie ones.  They usually come with an extra set of posing hands too.

But I think that unless someone was already at least a little familiar with fashion dolls or collector quality fashion dolls- they are not going to really "get" these.

The people who are liking these the most (at least on the wclub) appear to be people who are only passingly familiar with MLP at all- like maybe their kid has a pony or they remember owning "applejack" or "bowtie" when they were kids.  It's cute to see the discussion. THese people have no idea what the pony collector culture is like-  I guess much like most pony people have no idea what goes into fashion doll collecting-  and yet we all have lots in common-  paying too much for plastic things that make us happy :)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 02:01:58 PM by Galactica »

Offline Wardah

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2016, 06:05:33 PM »

It probably depends on how long the license runs- since the dolls are just "fans" of the characters- they can be either sex, and look any way the designer wants.

But- we didn't start getting repeat characters in the Jem line until the third year- and I don't see this line lasting quite so long (but who knows).

I have a feeling the designer is planning characters based on other ponies first- like maybe Luna or Muffins.

You also mentioned the Jem line is ending. Was that last bunch the last ones ever or are they planning on going out with a bang?

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2016, 08:11:26 PM »
Yikes...those are...um...special?  The Applejack one is just hilariously bad though. 
That being said, the Fluttershy one is *kinda* catching my eye. 

Offline Itcheeee

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2016, 08:17:51 PM »
Honestly, as a huge doll collector, I find these incredibly embarrassing to the point that I could never own one. Even if somehow I got one as a gift I'd just have to sell it. I couldn't stand having one of those in my home.

Sexy Applejack and Sexy Fluttershy are really just the worst to me. I can't even look at them. Pinkie Pie is pretty bad but at least he's so ridiculous looking its a little funny. Rainbow Dash would be the easiest to make acceptable but I don't really like his hairstyle. Rarity is just ugh. Ugh ugh ugh. Twilight Sparkle is actually okay and I'd quite like her by herself, if her outfit was changed and that tattoo scrubbed off. I like her faceup and hair. But if I'm buying an Integrity doll I'd rather have one with a good stock outfit that I like.

I also find it really cringey that they don't even have names. They just have pony screen names. That's just a whole other level of embarrassing.

I'm also equally confused about the target market. These are very, very obviously aimed at bronies but bronies aren't doll collectors. Integrity fans don't want them. Collectors of all MLP gens might not care enough about G4's mane six to spend so much money on something they don't even collect. They're not for children. There's no nostalgia factor that might pull in people who liked MLP as kids. Their only pull is the pop culture angle.

I wish they'd done a G1 inspired set. That would've had a wider appeal and probably would've been a lot prettier.

I couldn't agree more with everything you said! And this is why I gave up being a total completionist Applejack collector. There are things I didn't care to own but this...nope. :/ It's not that it's a guy or anything like that, but I don't really want to own a ken-like doll. I can deal with Equestria Girls from how anime they look and totally non human like...everything, and love large "18 inch" style dolls, but barbie size/style/"attactive" fashion dolls turn me away so bad lol :S
Buying any and all Sonic the Hedgehog items of any kind I don't already have. Can also trade ponies of all generations.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2016, 09:18:46 PM »
Oh! I remember the concept art for these from a while back. The concept is interesting for sure.  I won't be trying to buy any of them but Pinkie-Dude's hair is pretty amazing. Him, Twi-Fan and Dashy-Brony are probably my favs of the bunch. It'll be interesting to see if they do more. I'd love to see some other character inspired dolls. If anyone here gets them please take adorable pictures of them with the pony!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2016, 10:22:53 PM »
There are some more pictures and closeups on this dolls blog, as well as the "profiles" for each doll.  :)

http://fashiondollchronicles.blogspot.com/2016/08/integroty-toys-2016-unveil-my-little.html
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Noxxbunny

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2016, 11:24:59 PM »
There are some more pictures and closeups on this dolls blog, as well as the "profiles" for each doll.  :)

http://fashiondollchronicles.blogspot.com/2016/08/integroty-toys-2016-unveil-my-little.html

Maaaaan, if they had all these accessories in a doll size I could actually use, I'd be all over those. The RD drawstring bag and Okie Dokie Lokie hat especially.

That AJ fan though...I didn't give his design much thought at all, but...a ponytail? :blink: Didn't see that coming at all.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal