collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: most expensive G1 you have seen?  (Read 3525 times)

cannibalism

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: most expensive G1 you have seen?
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2016, 02:55:15 AM »
i wish i had 5 grand to spend on some nirvanas. who would you instantly buy if you had the money?? i would totally buy Peru unicorn bowtie and then all the mountain boys.

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2016, 03:14:53 AM »
This whole thread makes me seriously glad I'm not a proper Nirvana collector. I mean, if someone has the money and it makes them happy, all power to them, but wow, who would've thought when we were kids and these were in stores that any of them would EVER be the price of a cheap car...
you are so right,  the funny thing about that is that for the SA nirvana, there was a time when those ponies were sold on stores, the price of common toys and now they are just unaffordable toys...
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2016, 03:18:48 AM »
i wish i had 5 grand to spend on some nirvanas. who would you instantly buy if you had the money?? i would totally buy Peru unicorn bowtie and then all the mountain boys.

My Nirvana involves UK packaging, so MIB Mountain Boys from my childhood. Without hesitation, all the ponies I'm still missing MIP from my childhood. Not so much the variants.

The only more expensive pony I care about getting eventually is Baby Sugarcake who keeps eluding me and has for 17 years. But I could never countenance spending thousands on a pony, even if I won the lottery.

Though I've often thought that if I had a ton of money I'd love to buy up all these rare expensive ponies and then secret santa them out to the people who really want them but can't afford them. Collecting is a monetised business and whoever can pay the most wins, but sometimes I think people have reasons for wanting a pony that surpasses price, and it would be nice to level the playing field somehow.

It will never happen, though, since I'm a broke student at present and no sign of millions just yet ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

cannibalism

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2016, 04:09:23 AM »

My Nirvana involves UK packaging, so MIB Mountain Boys from my childhood. Without hesitation, all the ponies I'm still missing MIP from my childhood. Not so much the variants.

The only more expensive pony I care about getting eventually is Baby Sugarcake who keeps eluding me and has for 17 years. But I could never countenance spending thousands on a pony, even if I won the lottery.

Though I've often thought that if I had a ton of money I'd love to buy up all these rare expensive ponies and then secret santa them out to the people who really want them but can't afford them. Collecting is a monetised business and whoever can pay the most wins, but sometimes I think people have reasons for wanting a pony that surpasses price, and it would be nice to level the playing field somehow.

It will never happen, though, since I'm a broke student at present and no sign of millions just yet ;)

true facts! my poor bank account doesn't like it when im out collecting ; )

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2016, 11:37:15 AM »
I showed my sister the peruvian Bow tie/Windy cross, and her comment was, "she doesn't even look that wonky!"

Apparently in my sister's world, expensive ponies ought to look wonky.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2016, 01:41:46 PM »
Some of the really rare nirvanas can go for upto $10,000.

$4000-6000 is the ceiling price for many super rare ponies including OOAKs, prototypes, Takaras, Venezuelans and South Africans to name a few.

Love pkw xxx

RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2016, 05:22:21 AM »
I showed my sister the peruvian Bow tie/Windy cross, and her comment was, "she doesn't even look that wonky!"

Apparently in my sister's world, expensive ponies ought to look wonky.
:lol: Ha ha!

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2016, 06:18:48 PM »
I've seen online listings for so many expensive ponies. One that sticks out, even though wasn't the most expensive, was the Greek Ladybird MIP in the Egg. Anyone remember how much that sold for about?
~Foxtale~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal