collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Those darned bright pink marks!  (Read 518 times)

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
Those darned bright pink marks!
« on: August 13, 2016, 06:24:32 PM »
I've been out of the loop for a bit, and I was wondering... did anyone ever get to the bottom of what causes those random lurid pink stains on ponies? 

I mean, children worldwide can't have attacked their ponies en masse with highlighter pens... were Barbie accessories (about the only fairly common neon pink toy things I can think of) to blame?  Like, they got schmucked up against porous vinyl ponies in toyboxes and bam!  Insta-pink!  I'm just curious, as I've got a Sweet Stuff whose foreleg is just splattered with bright pink (and I swear sunfading made it worse), and i started ruminating and, well, here we are. :P

Any thoughts/theories/etc. welcome!  (Also, if anyone has ideas for that Sweet Stuff, I'd love to hear 'em!)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
Re: Those darned bright pink marks!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 06:32:57 PM »
following  :ninja:
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 07:20:40 PM »
You've got the nail on the head - a lot of them are caused by transfer from other toys. Unfortunately this G1 pink saddles, bridles, and shoes are often to blame.

Elf

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2016, 08:13:44 PM »
Wouldn't it be nice if we could all afford airbrush machines with unlimited colors?

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2016, 10:54:03 AM »
My poor Lemon Drop has nice bright pink marks from the bridle all over her face. I think I'll just display her with the bridle on now. She has a couple saddle sores but nothing bad enough to sacrifice her body too :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2016, 10:59:31 AM »
I have ponies that picked up pink marks after I used plastic grocery bags to pad them with. The ink spread. The marks were classic. This happened recently.

Offline FantasticFirefly

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Loves Accessories!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2016, 11:20:15 AM »
Pony bodies are plasticized PVC. which is notorious for sucking in and holding stains. So if they touch anything with a pigment, they can be stained. Bought ponies from storage boxes that were stained from other ponies, or accessories like shoes and saddles. So never have a pony in direct contact with another pony, or set a pony on anything, or package in anything that can transfer pigment. (coloured tissue, newspaper, bags with inked prints or coloured plastic).

Also, some shades of red hair and chartreuse I wash really well. as untouched the hair in some of those shades has extra dye that can also stain bodies. (wash thoroughly, blot dry with a towel and fully dry the pony on her side with her damp hair placed in a way so it's NOT touching the pony's body)

Also, a type of bacteria causes highlighter pink stains on vinyl sheet flooring if the floor is installed over moist conditions. I am wondering without effective storage ponies who are kept in too high humidity, damp locations also befall this very same issue as well and it's not only saddles, shoes and pink ponies making contact to blame.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 11:22:51 AM by FantasticFirefly »

Offline kasin

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Studio BMFC
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2016, 08:44:08 AM »
Agree with FF, most is color transfer from other toys, packing material etc. Some it's caused by a type of age marks, I see it on TE ponies, flutter cloud puff. Cloud puff is the worst for it! Non pink items can leave pink stains too, brown, red, blue, purple all have pink tones in them and can transfer just some of their color. No cure for either version that I know of though sadly  :(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal