collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Cutesaurus?  (Read 2341 times)

Offline ember86

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • A very picky little pony.
    • View Profile
Cutesaurus?
« on: August 10, 2016, 07:20:22 PM »
I don't know if I brought this up before, but I don't get or really like Cutesaurus. Of course I knew she rare and I wouldn't pass one up if I found one at a really good price, but why a dinosaur and what kind of dinosaur is she anyway.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
Re: Cutesaurus?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 07:45:13 PM »
I believe she is suppose to be a Cutesaurus  :lol:  I think she is cute.  Maybe with time she will grow on you.  I am starting to like the Piggy ponies; couldn't stand them before because their eyes creeped me out
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline ember86

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 07:54:11 PM »
And I though Cutesaurus was her name! LOL.
  Thank you Scraleos for my sig! Thank you MLPmintchocolatechip for my a avatar  Have a very pony day [you]
My etsy shop

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 08:35:10 PM »
She to me looks like a herb/planet eating dinosaur. Though I do agree with the fact that she is cute.

Offline Purpleglasses

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 09:09:49 PM »
The thought "my time has come!" just flitted through my mind.

While her exact species is uncertain, Cutesaurus is definitely a sauropod! Sauropods are the long necked, long tailed, herbivorous group of dinosaurs that includes such species as apatosaurus (previously brontosaurus), brachiosaurus and diplodocus.

As to why Cutesaurus, well, as you may have gleaned from the post above, some girls really love dinosaurs. I was one of those girls! Aside from ponies, my plastic dinosaurs were my favorite toys. I think Cutesaurus was released somewhat before my time, so I only found out about her as an adult. I got a Cutesaurus as a Valentine's day present this year, and aside from my original childhood collection, she's probably my favorite "pony." She's a pony; she's a dinosaur; she's a pony and a dinosaur at the same time. She's everything my inner child ever wanted! (Even if real child me really appreciated that my dinosaur toys were realistic and accurate, and Cutesaurus has...hair.) The idea of a dinosaur who's cute and aimed at little girls seems special to me these days, and that smiling face sculpt is so, so cute! That's why I love Cutesaurus.

Sometimes I even think about sculpting a line of G1 Cutesaurus inspired dinosaur toys of other species. They'd be just like My Little Ponies, but they'd be dinosaurs. Imagine a very cute Tyrannosaurus with Munchy's hot dog and hamburger cutie mark; it would finally make sense! Or a cute triceratops with a tongue in cheek comet cutie mark and a back card story like Night Glider's that talks about watching a beautiful meteor shower with her friends. Or So Soft feathered velociraptors covered in soft, strokable flocking with birds for cutie marks!

So I guess Cutesaurus appeals to a specific type of person, but she isn't for everyone. Hey, no one is out there insisting that as a pony collector, you must own all the rare and desirable ponies. Don't feel strange! I have the same (unpopular) opinion about Mimic.  But I'm really glad there's a Cutesaurus in the world.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 09:13:17 PM by Purpleglasses »

Offline BethMcBeth

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.BethMcBeth.com
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2016, 09:31:50 PM »
The thought "my time has come!" just flitted through my mind.

While her exact species is uncertain, Cutesaurus is definitely a sauropod! Sauropods are the long necked, long tailed, herbivorous group of dinosaurs that includes such species as apatosaurus (previously brontosaurus), brachiosaurus and diplodocus.

As to why Cutesaurus, well, as you may have gleaned from the post above, some girls really love dinosaurs. I was one of those girls! Aside from ponies, my plastic dinosaurs were my favorite toys. I think Cutesaurus was released somewhat before my time, so I only found out about her as an adult. I got a Cutesaurus as a Valentine's day present this year, and aside from my original childhood collection, she's probably my favorite "pony." She's a pony; she's a dinosaur; she's a pony and a dinosaur at the same time. She's everything my inner child ever wanted! (Even if real child me really appreciated that my dinosaur toys were realistic and accurate, and Cutesaurus has...hair.) The idea of a dinosaur who's cute and aimed at little girls seems special to me these days, and that smiling face sculpt is so, so cute! That's why I love Cutesaurus.

Sometimes I even think about sculpting a line of G1 Cutesaurus inspired dinosaur toys of other species. They'd be just like My Little Ponies, but they'd be dinosaurs. Imagine a very cute Tyrannosaurus with Munchy's hot dog and hamburger cutie mark; it would finally make sense! Or a cute triceratops with a tongue in cheek comet cutie mark and a back card story like Night Glider's that talks about watching a beautiful meteor shower with her friends. Or So Soft feathered velociraptors covered in soft, strokable flocking with birds for cutie marks!

So I guess Cutesaurus appeals to a specific type of person, but she isn't for everyone. Hey, no one is out there insisting that as a pony collector, you must own all the rare and desirable ponies. Don't feel strange! I have the same (unpopular) opinion about Mimic.  But I'm really glad there's a Cutesaurus in the world.

OMG!! Best idea ever!!! <3 <3 <3!! I want to draw all of them!!! XD!!!!!!

I like cutesaurs although her being orange helps since its my favorite color lol. Although she is kind of weird looking with no ears or ear nubs. :P LOLZ!!

Offline ember86

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 10:04:28 PM »
I think what bothers me most about her is her tail and that her legs look backwards.
My etsy shop

Offline shadowlark

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2016, 10:12:17 PM »

OMG You need to make these, like, yesterday!! So much want!!!

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2016, 03:11:22 AM »
I actually looked for more 'dinosaur ponies' for years as a child, not realizing Cutasaurus was the only one they made.  :cry:  She was part of my childhood herd and indeed, would be some type of sauropod, albeit highly stylized. I remember thinking her symbols were a bit macabre in context, given the whole extinct/dead/fossilized implication.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline kasin

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Studio BMFC
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2016, 07:05:12 AM »
I was a dinosaur kid and had cutesaurus and loved her. Orange is my favorite color too, so she was super cool, just was not a fan of her symbols. Honestly the second set of friends are a favorite set for me, I wish they did more animals.

The one I can't figure out is Kingsley the lion. I keep my pony friends set incomplete because I really don't like the lion, I always wondered why she couldn't look more like the moondreamer lion instead.

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2016, 07:56:40 AM »
I've always thought a dino pony was fun! Have never managed to snag her from eBay though. She's cute in pictures but I could see myself getting her and being underwhelmed for whatever reason.

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2016, 08:00:05 AM »
I was a dinosaur kid as well - I love dinosaurs and everything dinosaur related. I was 12 when Jurassic Park came on cinema, and trust me - the 90's where a GREAT time to be a child and love dinosaurs! Not to mention that I got to see Land Before Time when it was released. I was 7 or something - and it was one of the first movies I actually watched in the cinema.

Back to Cutasaurus - I really like her, and I agree with those who said in here that being a girl and liking dinosaurs, you rarely saw something dino and girl-related. I actually think she is quite amazing for that time :) That said, I also loved my dino's to be as realistic as possible - so even though adult me LOVE her, my child- version would probably look at her and see something totally else :lol:
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2016, 09:01:32 AM »
I think she's really cute. :D I'm not counting on getting her anytime soon, though. But who knows? I got Cha Cha for a really good price in a lucky eBay BIN. That'll probably be how I end up getting her, as it is with most of the more expensive ponies I have.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2016, 04:32:31 AM »
here's another dino kid! XD I never had cutesaurus, and I didn't know she existed until I started collecting, but I would have been all over this pony/saur as a kid. I love her!

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2016, 03:37:42 PM »
My preciousss....

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login