collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Can a Pony's Personality Affect Whether You Buy Them?  (Read 1917 times)

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
Re: Can a Pony's Personality Affect Whether You Buy Them?
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2016, 12:54:42 AM »
Yes! I am super into characters and got into G4 because of FiM and G3 because of Misty's Christmas. Upon rewatching the My Little Pony movie, as an adult I really like poor Shady, and now I really want her! I'm not sure if it has worked in the other direction for me, as I can't think of a toy I passed up specifically for character reasons.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig by Corona
Wish List

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2016, 07:44:43 AM »
Here are they! Petrie and Spike belong to my brother.
I can still remember the Christmas I got Littlefoot, I don't think I have ever loved another plush toy so much. He even got my doll's clothes to wear, after I cut a hole for his tail. And I don't know how many tears were cried into his soft fur (lol - dino with fur).

They look Great! :3
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2016, 04:50:42 PM »
Interesting thoughts here! Not having seen the 1980s cartoons, the G1s I like are all about the colors and poses. My kid, on the other hand, picked his first round of G1s based on the characters as he watched the show.  Same with G3s and G2s--all about the colors. but G4, I have watched the cartoons, and the personalities do affect my propensity for one over another. I love Pinkie Pie's silliness and bounceyness, and absolutely dislike the color pink, nor are balloons a symbol I would choose, given a choice. Yet, despite my preference for Fluttershy's colors, here I sit with a Pinkie pie army (have narrowed my G4 focus to all the different forms of PP and any background characters that they come out with in the playful size. Keeping just one of each of the other mane six).

My happy thought for the day is you sitting there, surrounded by Pinkie Pies. (Like many of us.)

Yes... it *is* rather.... loud? in here :P

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2016, 11:54:59 PM »
For me, it usually does, but not always. I'm apparently one of the few people who doesn't like Majesty's extreme actions in the comics and that's affected me to the point that I'm really not sure if I want her toy, even though it's one of my top favorite color schemes ever. I also usually don't like Rainbow Dash and have very limited Rainbow merchandise compared to some of the others.

And yet I'm so in love with Trixie's color scheme that I do buy merchandise of her, despite finding her just about the most shallow character on the show. At least her latest episode makes me feel a little better about wanting Trixie stuff.... I just can't resist a medium-blue Pony. I think she's the only one in G4 who's that color.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal