collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pretty Clips of Ponies in the Shows  (Read 1178 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Re: Pretty Clips of Ponies in the Shows
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2016, 02:09:41 PM »
It's very old, but I love an ancient anime called Unico.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Will be looking for this! Thank you!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2016, 09:31:33 PM »
I remember seeing Spirit as a kid and being wow'd by the animation. They did a fantastic job animating that horse (or all the horses really). I really need to master drawing horses, and I feel like the characters in that film would be a great template.

I remember I was in tears at just the first scene because of how beautiful the animation in Spirit was.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2016, 05:33:28 AM »

This shot at the end of "I'll go it Alone" from the MLP movie always make me laugh. Baby Lickety Split looks a little funny to me.

Ponyfan
If you couldn't tell already, the movie was directed by the same man who gave us Muppet Babies.  Though, the Smooze probably gave us the most Jim Hension-esque appearances.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2016, 07:05:09 AM »
Fizzy does look so much nicer with the dark green hair in front!

And I agree that RAMC/Firefly's Adventure was the best of the animation, but then the cartoons were made quickly and in a much different style that was more time-pressured. 
Still love so many scenes from the film, including the Applejack/ seapony one and the  'Let's not take a nap' scene with the nursery and baby ponies playing.

The movie scene with baby Lickety split looks off because her eyes are completely blue, cheeks are too big and body is huge- but frontal views of ponies and the rear are the most difficult to draw.   ;)  Even da Vinci had a lot of difficulty drawing them- a technique called 'foreshortening' must be used.  When the Disney film 'Spirit' came out, it was phenomenal from a technical animation aspect as well as true-to-life body language of horses.

As for Unico, I had to look it up since I could only recall two movies which were shown on the Disney channel.  The first was called "The fantastic adventures of Unico", the second was "Unico and the Island of Magic".  There apparently was quite a bit more as far as appearances in different media, and a much shorter film. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unico
He's super cute though- and you might be able to catch the old films on you tube.  ^^  Haven't tried to look it up yet.

This is the Unico I remember also (At least the Island of Magic one since my grandparents had it.)  I started looking up Unico and can only find clips of the two films you mention and nothing that matches the first picture posted that's also called Unico. So does that mean there is another series called Unico?

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Chelsea7

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2016, 04:20:19 PM »
So I checked out Unico and I was surprised to find out they are affiliated with Sanrio! I even saw Hello Kitty in one of the movies (the one with the little black cat/girl with the bow). It was so funny to see her there!

For a 70s/80s anime, that animation was pretty great

And I know people have mentioned this already, but I always found this animation to be gorgeous:

This shot at the end of "I'll go it Alone" from the MLP movie always make me laugh. Baby Lickety Split looks a little funny to me.

Ponyfan
If you couldn't tell already, the movie was directed by the same man who gave us Muppet Babies.  Though, the Smooze probably gave us the most Jim Hension-esque appearances.

I found this to be hilarious, she just stares into your soul
And you're right! It does remind me of Muppet Babies!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 04:23:01 PM by Chelsea7 »
My Tumblr

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal