collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What's a pony you really like but never buy?  (Read 4715 times)

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
Re: What's a pony you really like but never buy?
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2016, 09:42:52 AM »
Milky Way - she's right up my alley and I do kind of want her, but for some reason I don't feel "must-have-this-pony!" enough to actually buy her. :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Deep Purple Crystal

• Dazzle Surprise
  • "Jewels! Jewels in your eyes!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2016, 11:49:18 AM »
Gingerbread.

Honestly though, while I love her colour scheme and her cartoon counterpart is too damn adorable, every single time I find what appears to be a decent one, she has some form of regrind or discoloration - I understand this is because she is white and all, but why is it her and not so much, say, Quackers?

Also, Baby Lickety Split (her BBE form, I actually don't find them that unnerving). I've searched pages, but most of them have broken eyes, faded/hair/rough manes/tails, regrind, pony cancer, discoloration, age spots, bite marks and on one occasion, I think a missing leg. :shocked: And the ones I've found that are at least decent I pass up for some reason...

Thanks to LordBlumiere and Corona for the amazing Masquerade and Baby Sugarcake in my sig!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2016, 01:38:05 PM »
Oh this is a hard question! I think perhaps it would be most blind bags. I really like the variety; its so awesome to have so many ponies and different characters but they are just not the type of ponies I like to collect. I do have some but I certainly dont seek to buy them now.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2016, 06:24:53 PM »
SS Twilight. She looks very pretty mint. She's not super rare or anything, just uncommon. I just can't justify her prices.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2016, 07:55:24 PM »
The Rainbow ponies. I adore both sets of them, really want them in the collection, they're common and inexpensive, but somehow whenever I look at a listing I'm like "ehh... maybe later". I'm also quite picky about body discoloration and symbol rust so maybe that stops me from just snatching up whatever's available. I'll get them one day!

Online Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2016, 08:02:20 PM »
I like to think I make firm decisions but really, I often waver on BlueberryBaskets, Dazzle Glow, Sea Flower and Red Roses.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 04:38:09 PM by Artemesia Floc »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2016, 08:22:45 PM »
I am going to have to say Red Roses too.  I have weakness for yellow ponies.  Unfortunately for me, I am a set collector.  So if I go after one, I will have the urge to buy the rest and I am not real crazy about the others.  Next year  :biggrin:
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2016, 11:57:07 PM »
Baby Blossom - I love her, love her colors, love her pose, I need her to complete my set. I just don't think to search for her very often and when I do I find the prices too high for what I'm willing to spend on her.

Quackers - This is one pony that I really really want but I never seem to see her in good condition.

Baby Fleecy - Another set completer (minus the animal friends, I still need those too). I have the other 3 baby ponies from the set but for some reason I'm not that drawn to her and never think to search for her.

Online Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2016, 04:39:51 PM »

Baby Fleecy - Another set completer (minus the animal friends, I still need those too). I have the other 3 baby ponies from the set but for some reason I'm not that drawn to her and never think to search for her.

With pink hair I think she's to die for!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2016, 10:45:44 PM »
Skyflier- I actually owned her at one point but sold her off because I wasn't attached.  Now I've grown to like her pose but I won't go out of my way to spot her.

Kite butt?! I have 6 of her! She's the pony I keep finding over and over again even though she's far from my favorite!
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2016, 11:02:53 PM »
Medley-I adore her colors, but I'm not too hot on her pose.

Moondancer-I know I will someday but I'm really picky that her symbol is intact.

Seaspray-I know I'll get her eventually, but I keep passing her up.

Baby Sandy Island, I want her with her hat, but I'm afraid an angry MiB mob might come after me in the middle of the night for deboxing her.

Mirror Mirror-I want at least one childhood earth, but after all the horror stories I've heard about their deteriorating symbols, I'm kinduva afraid I'll ruin her forever by giving her a bath or rubbing her to see if the symbol still works.

Baby Bouncy-Edit: I finally got her!

Ribbon-I was gonna get her, but snagged Pretty Pop instead. I keep passing her up.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 05:55:16 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2016, 11:39:07 PM »
Munchy- unless I find her in the wild. Or maybe trade for her. But I won't pay that high price for a store release pony.

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

GypsyTails

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2016, 08:05:19 AM »
g1 Gusty. She's been my favorite pony since I was little. I just want her to be perfect so I keep holding out for one that's MINT - I've been holding out for 10 years  :lmao: I'm sure I've passed up perfect Gustys out of fear.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2016, 08:56:53 AM »
G1 in general. There are many I really like and I know pretty much exactly who I'd buy if I started collecting them (my childhood ponies, ponies that inspired the G4 mane 6, all sparkle ponies & all sweet berry ponies to start) but... I just don't want to. There are lots of ponies I like that just don't fit in with the way I collect.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 09:00:20 AM by Flitter »

Offline sparkykandy

• Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2016, 04:39:17 PM »
There have been times when I've seen a G4 that I was semi-interested in but never bought.  Ponies that specifically come to mind are Cherry Pie and Diamond Mint.

I'm not much of a collector, and I don't have much space, so a pony has to do more than catch my interest to make me want to buy them.
Admin of a Cheritz fan forum.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal