collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New ponies at TRU! Exclusive line "Elements of Friendship"/ library/ new FS,etc  (Read 2130 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Digging that library like wow.  :D
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
I don't think the Twilight pony comes as a regular mold brushable single and since her EG Mini comes in a 4 pack she probably isn't getting a Mini and Pony pack. I wonder if she is gonna get a princess mold brushable in a fancy box.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
Re: New ponies at TRU! Exclusive line "Elements of Friendship"
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2016, 05:26:20 PM »
Awwww, the Library!! :D cant see it clearly, does it have Twilights owl??

Yes!  So cute.

I don't think the library is an exclusive since I bought it somewhere else- it is SO cute but very small and detailed on the front but very shallow and empty in the back just like the barn for the AJ set.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
No, none of the items are exclusive except the first three pictured labeled Toys R Us on the boxes.

Offline Goanna

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
I really like the glittery look on them! *is a sucker for shiny things*
Alas there is no TRU near me, so I won't be tempted :P
The Sapphire Shores FS is really cool though!

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
I grabbed the new FS yetsretday, and it seems hasbro has cheaped out yet again with the clothing. It's now all 2-piece, hard plastic, snap-together clothes, and it's fairly easy to see on display since the pieces have an obvious seam where they meet. They're also a right pain to get on and off the pony. Very disappointing, imo.
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
I grabbed the new FS yetsretday, and it seems hasbro has cheaped out yet again with the clothing. It's now all 2-piece, hard plastic, snap-together clothes, and it's fairly easy to see on display since the pieces have an obvious seam where they meet. They're also a right pain to get on and off the pony. Very disappointing, imo.

I dunno if it's cheaping out since tbh plastic is more expensive to make than fabric. After all even dollar store dolls have fabric dresses. I do remember hearing someone at Toy Fair talk about how the new hard plastic snap on clothes are easier for children to put on than the old rubber ones. So I guess it's more a "dumbing down" than anything.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile

I dunno if it's cheaping out since tbh plastic is more expensive to make than fabric. After all even dollar store dolls have fabric dresses. I do remember hearing someone at Toy Fair talk about how the new hard plastic snap on clothes are easier for children to put on than the old rubber ones. So I guess it's more a "dumbing down" than anything.
I'm not all for accessories (I prefer naked ponies :P) but if anything wouldn't cloth be easier for a child to put on? Its not like they're putting pants on the pony...
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
I don't think Hasbro is "cheaping out" with the plastic clothing.  I think plastic toy clothing is easier for young children to snap onto the pony, as opposed to wrestling a pony into a fabric dress.  (I remember getting a baby pony into the G1 dragon suit was a real pain in the butt.)  Don't forget that the MLP demographic trends younger than it did in the 80s.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
I thought the soft plastic clothes were much easier, since all you had to do to get them on the pony is bend them a little. You have to force these to get them on, and they pop off very easily.
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal