collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Soooo hot!!!!  (Read 3175 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Soooo hot!!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2016, 06:13:34 PM »
You can always buy one of those little personal mist fans. They're great for keeping you cool in the summer.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2016, 02:04:28 PM »
Right now the administration section of the prison I work at has it's chillers, not working, so we have no air conditioning. We haven't had it all summer it could still be two weeks without it. It's been 100 degrees Fahrenheit here in Missouri and it's VERY hot and muggy in this old building. They've been giving us bottled water and popsicles but that only goes so far. My boss bought us an extra fan for the office and it helps but it blows my paperwork everywhere. The heat is really starting to get to me and I almost reached my boiling point today when I went outside on break and was sweating so bad about ten sweat bees (not exaggerating) were swarming around me. I'm tired of going to work and sweating. I swear they need to just put a rush on this and get the air fixed. There is no excuse for this.

Sorry, I'm just ticked. They've had ALL SUMMER to fix it. And it seems like EVERY year it breaks. Do they just buy crappy equipment?
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2016, 03:34:10 PM »
Sorry you're having heat issues, too, DazzleKitty!  I hate the fans that blow papers everywhere, too.  It's so annoying that a lot of times I just don't turn on the big fan.  I do have a little fan that plugs into the USB port on my computer and that helps a bit.  I hope they get your air fixed sooner rather than later!

The problem with our air conditioner is that it's old and in a building that's really old.  The last time it was refurbished was in the 1980s but it was originally a dance hall in the 1950s.  We've been promised a new library building by the mayor but all we hear from the people around here is "We have a nice building.  I don't know why you think we need a new one."  It's clear to me that all these people who think we have a "nice" building haven't been in it all summer so it can't be that nice.  They think all we need is a new coat of paint and the building will be fine.  Of course, the air conditioner still won't work in the summer, the heater won't work in the winter and the roof will still leak every time it rains and ruin the books.  But it's a "nice" building and it will cost too much to build a new one.  Even though it costs more to fix the air every summer and the heat every winter and fix the roof and replace every book that got water damaged every time it rains.  Honestly, they're complaining that we want to propose a tax increase to pay for the new building and they don't want it because they'll have to pay a whopping $5 more each year.  It's ridiculous.  It's not even a noticeable amount.

The good news is that they fixed the part that was broken.  The bad news is that they found another part that was broken.  The next good news is they've ordered the new parts.  The next bad news is that they can't start fixing it until next week after the parts come in. 

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2016, 04:22:07 PM »
Well if nothing else, there's a way to make your own air conditioner using a fan and ice water.

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2016, 06:30:23 PM »
I am glad for Sunday off it is gonna be 95 out and humid.  :enraged: :drunk:

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2016, 06:46:05 PM »
It's in the mid 80's here which is pretty hot for us. Not too bad considering I used to live in the high desert and 100's were normal. We don't have a/c.

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2016, 12:15:35 PM »
I'm in San Diego this week but my coworkers just posted on Facebook that they're closing the library until Tuesday because it's just TOO hot to be open without air conditioning. 

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2016, 12:38:25 PM »
I'm in San Diego this week but my coworkers just posted on Facebook that they're closing the library until Tuesday because it's just TOO hot to be open without air conditioning. 

So lucky! I wish we could shut down our part of the prison. We really can't, though. Someone has to be in Records. They could flex our time where we could come in when it's cooler, like at night. But that really wouldn't work either because we need to contact courts and they're only open during the day.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2016, 06:23:00 PM »
Ugh! It's just past six o clock and a hundred and three

Offline rearing_palomino164

• MOC Mimic
  • Share a smile at least once a day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2016, 07:19:19 PM »
My mother and father in laws house that we lived in for a few years until we bought our house didn't have ac upstairs where me and my husband stayed. I have never been that miserable from the heat in my life. Even at night it wouldnt get any cooler than 88 degrees. I would walk around stark *** naked because I couldnt stand it and I would have sweat just dripping off of me. We only survived with the windows open and box and floor fans. Other wise I think we would have gotten heat stroke; I had some insanely bad heat headaches from it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

You are the memory that lives on forever, the shadow that stands by our side.

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2016, 07:32:20 PM »
I used to work in a tube factory two summers, so I really got to know hot. We had huge fans that we would try to stand by as much as possible. Keeping the mind busy and wearing appropriate clothing helped a lot. A lot of the guys wore bananas or hats to keep the sweat off their eyes and face. I always had to wear my hair up and was fortunate to be assigned to jobs where I could stay in a couple of places for most of the time and use the big fans.
Sig by Corona
Wish List

GypsyTails

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2016, 08:36:20 PM »
I relate. I work at barns and have no climate control at all. This heat is killing me! Ice packs on the bottoms of your feet and the back of your neck are the best to keep your body temp down. I wouldn't wear closed shoes if I had a choice! I think popsicles have kept me alive haha Other then that....pray for Fall  >_< I hope it gets fixed soon!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2016, 08:46:44 PM »
I relate. I work at barns and have no climate control at all. This heat is killing me! Ice packs on the bottoms of your feet and the back of your neck are the best to keep your body temp down. I wouldn't wear closed shoes if I had a choice! I think popsicles have kept me alive haha Other then that....pray for Fall  >_< I hope it gets fixed soon!

See if you can bribe the ice cream man to make frequent stops

Post Merge: July 29, 2016, 08:47:04 PM

My mother and father in laws house that we lived in for a few years until we bought our house didn't have ac upstairs where me and my husband stayed. I have never been that miserable from the heat in my life. Even at night it wouldnt get any cooler than 88 degrees. I would walk around stark *** naked because I couldnt stand it and I would have sweat just dripping off of me. We only survived with the windows open and box and floor fans. Other wise I think we would have gotten heat stroke; I had some insanely bad heat headaches from it.

Heat headaches are horrible!

Offline retrogradenova

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2016, 10:11:42 PM »
When my husband and i bought our house, the central heating/air unit was stolen before closing. The bank replaced it with the cheapest model they could find. It breaks at least once a year. We have put a ceiling fan in just about every room of the house. They aren't perfect, but when it's over 100 degrees Fahrenheit and the house is staying at about 80 with just ceiling fans, it's at least tolerable until the ac get fixed.
*Currently obsessed with G3 Minty and Midnight Dream*

Offline Pokeyonekenobie

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2016, 11:02:48 PM »
They finally got it fixed!  They ordered the parts and they were supposed to come in last week so they could fix it over the weekend but the parts got lost in the mail.  Since the temperature in the building last Wednesday afternoon was at 91F (32.8C) the director closed the library from Thursday through Monday.  On Tuesday the schedule was worked out so that nobody was on the desk for more than an hour at a time so we could take more breaks while we checked in everything that had been brought back while we were closed.  They found the parts and came in Wednesday morning to start work on the system.  They had it working by that afternoon (even though it took almost another 24 hours to completely cool the building) and found a few additional small parts that were broken, but wouldn't affect the functionality of the air conditioner.  So now we have air and they're going to fix those other small parts. 

The mayor came over today to pick up his books and asked how things were.  Since he's promised us a new building, I hope that the threat of the antiquated air conditioner pooping out on us again will help push that as a priority.  One of my co-workers told me that a patron asked if we had turned the air conditioning off in order to force people to vote for the tax increase that will pay for our new building.  We all rolled our eyes at that one!  Why would we intentionally make ourselves work in 90F (32C)+ temperatures??? 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal