collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Why do you collect toys?  (Read 3246 times)

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • I can die happy when there's a G1 scented perfume.
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
Re: Why do you collect toys?
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2016, 07:58:52 AM »
Yannow what, my story's actually almost the exact same as yours.

I LOVED toys as a kid.
I was an only child almost my whole life, had a step sister for a few years but we rarely played together if she was even here (all she did was watch TV), so I grew up playing by myself or with my one best friend. I always only had one friend as a kid.
My toys were my friends, I made sure they all felt loved, I took them everywhere (they'd go in rotations so no one would feel left out, lmao) etc. I just loved toys.
When I hit middle school I still played until I hit 7th grade, then I decided I was "too old" and "too cool" for toys. It was really stupid. Sold off a lot of em, kept all my favourites I couldn't imagine getting rid of. Fave stuffed animals, all my ponies, a lot of other stuff. A few stuffies got mixed into the sell pile that I miss a crapload, but can't replace cause it'd never be the same. There's like three of those I miss dearly.
They stayed boxed up for a LONG time. For the most part I was mostly self conscious about the ponies than anything.

Then I hit my junior year in highschool and decided... I don't give the slightest crap at all. Who cares, it's my room, my time, my life, who else should get a say?

I moved on from collecting ponies and am now and avid Monster High fan along with other dolls (even though just like you, as a kid all toys that were girly aside from ponies were "eww gross" lmao), but I still have them all. They're currently on the other side of the US in Kentucky, lol, but I have them. 200 or so of G1-G4, my aunt's ponies are all the G1 so I love the mix of generations and all the love they've seen.

I live with my best friend now, my room is mostly music, horror/fantasy/whatever else books and movies, comic books, lot of mythology stuff, rock and metal and other genres of music stuff, etc. But it's also FULL of toys. Funko pops, I have some Sulvanians, action figures, little vinyl figurines, stuffed animals, model dragons, and a huge shelf of all my dolls. (Which is always the "fan fave" anytime anyone comes over, everyone always wants to look at the dolls lmao. I find it flattering.)

I had a ton of fun in my younger years when I was "too cool for toys," but I have more fun these days. It's pretty easy to juggle being an adult and having a fun, more childish side I guess.
I dunno what the point of this was but I guess what you can from it is, you do you, literally do whatever you want and have fun doing it, take crap from no one.
Honestly, I was SO scared what my friend would think of my toys before they found out, but all I get is compliments about them! Especially the dolls, like I said, they're always a fan favourite and everyone loves to come in here and look at them, except for the Living Dead Dolls which people tend to not like as much, lol.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

LONG LIVE HEARTSPRINKLE
 https://mh-merch.com/checklist/122/ visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Esbayne on PonyIsland.net as well.
:art: :relaxed: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :frolic: :silly:

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Why do you collect toys?
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2016, 09:30:07 AM »
Everyone has all these long posts but mine's going to be sweet and simple.... they are colorful, cool, cute, and full of variety. And just plain fun.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal