collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does GoodWill have G1 ponies?  (Read 1973 times)

Offline JazzMatazz

• Trade Count: (+58)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • I'll interrogate the cat.
    • View Profile
Re: Does GoodWill have G1 ponies?
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2016, 06:50:11 PM »
A lot of Goodwill's just go straight to selling ponies on their auction website, just because they know how popular they are. But sometimes a few slip through the cracks!!

I wouldn't recommend buying from their site though, often they'll pull one over your head with the shipping prices. 

They want shipping to be $20 for my location and if I were to choose my bf's house it would be 10-15 bucks less! I could order a feather and they'd want to charge 20 based on my zip code it's insane!
My Wishlist  Instagram
 Sun, Ultra Moon  FC: 5069-4168-6248  SW-8466-0948-3971

Offline Pinkie-kitty

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
  • G3 is my favorite<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2016, 04:08:36 AM »
Yup! At least my location does. It all depends on what people near you are donating and when you go.. I thrift pretty frequently with my mom about 2 times a week. There's about four Goodwills near me so once or twice a week we just make a day to go and check it out. I got a huge bag with several g1, g2, and g4 ponies for 15 bucks once. I've also come across single g1 ponies being priced .99 or 1.99. Mostly all of my g1 ponies I've gotten from their or someone local off a yardsale app.

Offline millenium0chi

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2016, 07:33:50 AM »
You might get lucky and find one here and there, but not in the numbers that I used to see.  As someone said before, I think they're getting wise to the value, so they're not just throwing them out on the shelves anymore.  I recently bid on (and lost) an Ebay auction for a lot that included Diamond Dreams, and the seller was a Goodwill store in Seattle.  They definitely knew what they had gotten a hold of.
Be a Blessing
Looking for my childhood loves:
Princess Tiffany, Mimic, Twinkler, Surf Rider (baby sea pony), Majesty, Megan and Sundance, Cotton Candy

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2016, 08:57:24 AM »
Even when G1s were common in thrift stores (the 90s), I never found many at Goodwill.  I did find three Christmas Babies there once, but that was about it.   Also some Goodwills (like the Tacoma one) put ALL their MLPs up for auction at ShopGoodwill.com.  So you will never find ponies in their stores.

I don't think G1s are common "in the wild" anywhere anymore; I mean, they are 30 years old.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2016, 09:19:37 AM »
Most of my local good wills don't even sell toys at all anymore.  In fact most of them sell as much donated overstock as donated used items.  I've looked at the goodwill auction site but the shipping offsets anything I might save by purchasing through them.

Offline Sweet_Stuff

• C.Storm Certified Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2016, 10:22:09 AM »
Most of my local good wills don't even sell toys at all anymore.  In fact most of them sell as much donated overstock as donated used items.  I've looked at the goodwill auction site but the shipping offsets anything I might save by purchasing through them.

Yep, same over here.. Like 5 years ago I found nice vintage toys (not ponies, but Wuzzle, Pound Puppies) and now, all toys they do have are like current plush stuff.. I used to work as a shopgoodwill.com coordinator at the main admin offices here downtown..It was fairly "new" but stores still wanted to hold onto to their valuable stuff because the managers weren't looking at the "bigger picture.." They had to drop their online presence and let me go simply because of that...
The administration changed, New folks came in and now the online store is back. Of course, now you can't find any cool treasures anymore in the stores.
The whole online / in store shopping experience has really changed in the past 12-10 years!

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2016, 12:06:28 PM »
Only G1 I've ever found was a plush Bowtie and a plush Windy, which I passed on.  :blink: As for G3, I've seen exactly one. Mine is great for other things but it is mostly newer toys/books.

A bunch of G3 fakies, which I'd buy one just to have it. But that's just me. I do check the toy isle but stopped hoping I'd find anything. If your store is anything like mine, try to get there early in the day. Less of a chance of things being picked through or put in odd places (random toys in clothing or ceramics).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2016, 08:06:49 PM »
Most thrift stores I go to stopped selling toys years ago due to that stupid toy lead law! I used to frequent one store often for happy meal toys and other collectibles and found a baby sleep tight one time. I didn't find anymore after that and probably never will now with that law :(. Needless to say, I don't shop there much anymore.

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2016, 08:46:11 PM »
Thrift stores only have what people donate to them (and with Goodwill, that's not even true anymore with their auction site...)
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2016, 09:05:15 PM »
I have never once found a G1 at any of the Good Wills I've been to.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Queeny785

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Motion Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2016, 12:06:37 PM »
I have found lots of g3s and g4s. I have also found 2 g1s and last week found g1 Nursery with lots of accessories.

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2016, 03:20:38 PM »
my local -local as in 2hrs away lol- says any toys they get go straight for online sale.
the associate for this store said they had a lot less shoplifting issues once they stopped selling toys, barbies transformers and mlp related items where big shop lift items apparently for them. got worst during holidays
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2016, 03:39:03 PM »
They have pretty good pricers now a days.  Most likely if the pricers spot the vintage ponies, they will put them on ShopGoodWill.

Which, I do NOT recommend by the way.  Out of control shipping prices and there is some evidence that certain stores may be shill bidding various listings to drive prices up.

Offline Sukey

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2016, 05:22:07 PM »
On the online Goodwill is the estimated shipping what they actually charge? I saw a lot of 6 or 7 ponies and it was like $20 shipping which is outrageous! Are they crazy?

A Furrever Friends Site

*** Looking for a Glory tin- I have a Starshine tin for trade ***

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2016, 05:47:18 PM »
Sometimes they do, it's like any thrift store, it's different every time .... many of them do the online thing now though, to get the most exposure and highest price for the items.  It's best to call and speak with management at indv. stores  to learn what their sales policies are.  :) 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal