collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Displaying ponies--IKEA?  (Read 2299 times)

Offline BlushingBlue

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Displaying ponies--IKEA?
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2016, 03:48:40 PM »
Beautiful set up, shadowlark, and a beautiful collection! :inlove: And I love your Canadian Gusty!

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2016, 05:41:05 PM »
Wow!!! The bully shelves with the extra shelving looks so awesome!!
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2016, 05:43:59 PM »
I also have Billy shelves and totally love them- the adjustable height of the shelves is very helpful, and there are several different style Billy bookshelves to make a neat display!
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline shadowlark

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2016, 10:45:31 PM »
Beautiful set up, shadowlark, and a beautiful collection! :inlove: And I love your Canadian Gusty!

Thank you! I need another Billy bookcase as I have about 30 more ponies waiting to be cleaned and nowhere to put them! And thanks for the compliment about Canadian Gusty! I'm pretty happy with how she turned out. You can see a better pic of her here: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,356861.msg1212404.html#msg1212404

Wow!!! The bully shelves with the extra shelving looks so awesome!!

Thanks! My hubby did a great job drilling the extra holes in the exact same places on each one!

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2016, 04:27:22 AM »
I have the BILLY bookcases too (the white set) with the glass doors and love them.  The ponies really seem to stand out against the white to me and I made custom risers out of styrofoam sheets.  As other people said, they do have adjustable shelves (except for the one center shelf for stability).  I bought extra shelves to maximize the space.  I like how they are not too deep- the cabinet I had before the BILLY shelves was deep and I could only see the first couple rows of ponies, whereas with the BILLY shelves and the risers, I can see them all now :)

Edit: Very cool display Shadowlark!  I have not seen those style glass doors before.
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Offline PrincessTiffy

• Trade Count: (+233)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2016, 04:37:40 PM »
Here is a picture of my princess ponies in the detolfs. I don't have a picture of the whole cabinet. I don't know why I haven't taken pictures of my ponies in their cabinets lol.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

And here is the detolfs with my zelfs and some MH and EAH dolls. These are actually with me at my place while my ponies are at my moms. I'm going to be moving soon and will hopefully have space to take some ponies with me. But this is pretty much how my ponies ones look like.

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2016, 04:55:02 PM »
Well, no going back now. I have a front hallway filled with Algot system pieces. Eek! I think I have it well planned out - will post pics after. Need to empty room and paint first, so it'll be a few days.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline grayswandir

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Ponyland Press
    • View Profile
    • Ponyland Press
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2016, 05:20:03 PM »
Billy bookcases are fantastic if you have a lot of ponies to display.  I do think the Detolf cases are prettier, and also sturdier -- but the Billy cases are cheaper and will hold a lot more ponies, and it's easy to add more shelves to them, and adjust the height.  And they do look nice if you have two or three of them together, especially with the corner pieces.  Our whole pony room is full of them, and I think they work very well.

(Shadowlark, I love the idea of drilling more holes to add more shelves!  I might do the same, since right now our shelves still need a lot more risers so the ponies in back won't be hidden...)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal