collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Subscription Boxes, anyone?  (Read 1191 times)

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
Subscription Boxes, anyone?
« on: June 19, 2016, 08:40:00 PM »
I apologize if there is another topic about this, already! I hope this is the right place for this topic. :)

Do you guys subscribe to any subscription boxes? I know there are tons of them out there, and was curious as to which ones people try out and/or currently sub to. I know a lot of people I know subscribe to Ipsy- I found out my sister subscribes to it last weekend, which surprised me. I believe that one actually has a wait list to try it?

The ones I currently have at the moment are:
skoshbox (Japanese snacks; been using them for over a year and a half),
Yume Twins (Japanese cute figures/plushes/accessories/ect; they just started and their first box looked pretty cute!),
and am giving Loot Anime a try for this month (they do anime-related merchandise) because this month's theme is sports anime, and they mentioned it having items from two of my favorites, Free! and the video game Splatoon.

There are so many I am curious about! I do like how there seems to be a sub box for everything nowadays, hehe!
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Subscription Boxes, anyone?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 10:23:10 PM »
I would subscribe to a pony box each month.  :P

Offline misskindle

• No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
  • ~Everything must be PINK~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 12:00:23 AM »
I use to subscribe to the bait box from MLPExpress, but the service never came back after the summer like it was said to.

Offline Lore-Lei

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 04:18:48 AM »
No, not really, to be honest.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 04:40:35 AM »
I've always been curious but I just don't have the free funds for it right now.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline dashesndots

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My facebook Art page
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 05:24:06 AM »
I subscribed to KawaiiBox for 6 months, I think, a couple years ago.  It was fun not knowing what I was going to get; unfortunately, I didn't like pretty much anything they put in the boxes, ha.  I ended up using most of the stuff as swap box fodder, which worked out pretty well, but I just wish there had been more stuff that I wanted to keep in the boxes.  There was only one thing I was ridiculously excited about - and it was a calendar that is now obsolete LOL. 

That said I might subscribe again at some point - although if you wait to see what each box contains, you can then wait for the stuff you like to show up in the Blippo store and just buy it. :P  I just wish I didn't have to go to the post office to retrieve the boxes...

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2016, 09:09:56 AM »
Yeah, I remember there being a MLP subscription box. I wonder if MLPExpress is the same one I was thinking about. i know a friend of mine subbed it for a while?

And I tired out KawaiiBox as well, dashesndots, but basically stopped for the same reason you did. xD i felt like it was more of a "stationary box", and since I rarely use stationary, it wasn't worth it to me after two months. I still kept a few of the things from them, but I regifted/gave away the other stuff.
 And I keep forgetting that they have Blippo, so I coild just order what I like from their store. xD

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2016, 09:27:32 AM »
I really, really want to do an asian candy one. But I'm anyways worried I'd be disappointed

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2016, 09:32:29 AM »
I've tried Birch Box but didn't like enough of the products to justify the expense. I had a dog box sent to my sister for a year as a gift and she/her pup loved it. New toys and treats! Could customize it to his size, preferences and play style. I'd do that again. Expensive, though.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2016, 10:05:54 AM »
I really, really want to do an asian candy one. But I'm anyways worried I'd be disappointed
I can totally understand that. I have been happy with skoshbox, because they actually send you snacks that arent all just sweets/candy or (worse) things you can easily find outside of a asian market, like at Hot Topic, local grocery stores, chain bookstores, ect.  I knew of some boxes that the japanese snacks they'd send you woild be things like Pocky, Hi Chew, those gummies that are all over the places, ect. Plus, it's neat how skoshbox actually has a store where you can actually order the snacks that they put in their boxes, including the exclusive bonus items they put in their larger crates.
I tried Japan Crate for six months, but stopped them because during the summer, they'd mail out treats that would hardcore melt by the time it would arrive. And I can't stand eating melted candy/sweets. Plus, the box was very candy-heavy.

I have considered giving Tokyo Treat a try- they seem to get a lot of positive feedback, and they were "famous" for having the sakura Pepsi and sakura cola drinks in past boxes.

I've tried Birch Box but didn't like enough of the products to justify the expense. I had a dog box sent to my sister for a year as a gift and she/her pup loved it. New toys and treats! Could customize it to his size, preferences and play style. I'd do that again. Expensive, though.

I've thought about gifting one of those pet boxes to my boyfriend as a late birthday gift, since he likes spoiling his siberian husky. That is neat that  the box you sent your sister can be customized for sizes, play style, ect! That was one of the things I was wondering about since I know some boxes sent out wearable things for your pets to have.

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2016, 10:11:40 AM »
I use to subscribe to the bait box from MLPExpress, but the service never came back after the summer like it was said to.

I also subscribed to this and it was wonderful! The ponies from MLP Express make up a lot of my G1 collection. It's a shame it hasn't returned, but she was working on it alone so I understand. That had to be a lot of work!

I used to do the Juleep monthly box. It has nail polish and other beauty products in it. I loved it, but ended the subscription last summer since I was preparing for my wedding and moving into my new house.

I also did the Doki Doki crate when it first started, but I was so disappointed that I canceled. It seems like they've gotten better, though.

I'm not subscribed to any boxes right now, but I want to try a cute/kawaii box subscription again. I'm just not sure which one because there are so many.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2016, 10:15:11 AM »
I have always wanted to subscribe to one but never really found one I really liked... there was always make-up ones, but with being a ex (well kinda still am) make up artist I probably have enough make-up to start my own haha.

Mum & me have thought about doing one ourselves though with our Wickstead's Eat Me Edibles & maybe some other baking items. Not sure if there would be much interest though so haven't looked into it much further.
Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2016, 10:33:13 AM »
Nah, I don't have money to keep up with monthly boxes.

I have a friend that does loot crate though.

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2016, 10:51:57 AM »
I admit the only reason I tried out Doki Doki Crate last month was because they had a 50% sale on it for new subscribers. I think they did that in part because of people flocking over to Yume Twins (which the first box sold out quickly). xD

Starting a new sub box could be fun! I heard tha lt it can be alot of work, and worrying if the products get to you in time.

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2016, 11:19:06 AM »
Shame MLPExpress never returned. I kept up with their facebook page, ready to subscribe, but then they decided they couldn't do it anymore. The owner never even posted an official announcement, I only know it's over because I saw them answer a comment on the page about it.

I know there's a new one called MLPBox but it's more g4 / brony oriented.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal