collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hasbro, what were you thinking?!  (Read 4383 times)

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
Re: Hasbro, what were you thinking?!
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2016, 04:50:23 PM »
Trust me, you do not want Hasbro trying to make a multi-million dollar movie franchise out of MLP.  The Bayformers movies make a lot of money, but they absolutely spit on the Transformers characters and the fanbase.

The movies were not made for Transformers fans.  The movies were made for horny teenagers who want to see Megan Fox's butt and lots of explosions.

Ive just been a fly on the wall with this one but I totally agree with what you are saying the rest has been rather unsettling. I dont want them to make a MLP CGI movie.
As for the topic couldnt Hasbro come up with names that actually suit all the characters?
Im very much in favor for a better toy if they ever come out with G5s.

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2016, 05:30:20 PM »
Trust me, you do not want Hasbro trying to make a multi-million dollar movie franchise out of MLP.  The Bayformers movies make a lot of money, but they absolutely spit on the Transformers characters and the fanbase.

The movies were not made for Transformers fans.  The movies were made for horny teenagers who want to see Megan Fox's butt and lots of explosions.

Would new, hot edgy Megan be played by Megan Fox?

*imagines creepy smooze being detonated by Bay-splosions carried by Sexy Megan and cyborg Wind Whistler*

Whoa now, does Wind Whistler really need to be in the scene?  Because CGI costs money, you know. Obviously having the movie set in Ponyland / Equestria would cost too much, so ideally the movie would mostly focus on Megan and her problems.  People go to pony movies to watch humans, right?  Anyway, the movie would be about Megan and her boyfriend and their family problems, and maybe the government or something, and once in a while a pony would run on screen and explode.

Wind Whistler can appear right at the end, though, and tear off someone's face. That's totally in-character for her!
"give me your face!"
And the character everyone will care about will be Truly, because she's such an important character in G1.Gusty? Wind Whistler? Make them second roles, and make all the merchandising around Truly.

That's good, that's good, but I think there should be a twist.  Like all the other ponies can speak English, but she can only neigh.

And in the posters and promos, have all G4 characters, you know, to get the bronies in.  But mix up their names and get the colours and symbols wrong.  It'll create buzz, and we can get the script made in china or somewhere where they don't speak english but labour is cheap.  No one's going to notice with all the sexy explosions.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2016, 06:25:10 PM »

Would new, hot edgy Megan be played by Megan Fox?

*imagines creepy smooze being detonated by Bay-splosions carried by Sexy Megan and cyborg Wind Whistler*

Whoa now, does Wind Whistler really need to be in the scene?  Because CGI costs money, you know. Obviously having the movie set in Ponyland / Equestria would cost too much, so ideally the movie would mostly focus on Megan and her problems.  People go to pony movies to watch humans, right?  Anyway, the movie would be about Megan and her boyfriend and their family problems, and maybe the government or something, and once in a while a pony would run on screen and explode.

Wind Whistler can appear right at the end, though, and tear off someone's face. That's totally in-character for her!
"give me your face!"
And the character everyone will care about will be Truly, because she's such an important character in G1.Gusty? Wind Whistler? Make them second roles, and make all the merchandising around Truly.

That's good, that's good, but I think there should be a twist.  Like all the other ponies can speak English, but she can only neigh.

Genius!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2016, 07:16:40 PM »

Yes... i don't wanna see again how they massacred Starscream on an mlp character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXoYK4b_q24
This is one of the best things I've seen in a while! :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline okamigirl64

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • "I used to wonder what friendship could be."
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2016, 07:26:16 PM »

Yes... i don't wanna see again how they massacred Starscream on an mlp character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXoYK4b_q24

What on earth did I just watch.  :blink:

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
    • View Profile
    • My Customs

Online Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2016, 12:31:58 AM »
Okay, point taken about the Transformers movie, LOL!! But for all that the movies are legitimately terrible (I can't even imagine how much worse they must be for fans of the franchise ... O_O), at least the money from the movies convinced Hasbro to put more time/effort into the toyline? I mean, I hope? :P You still get lots of TF tie-ins every time the movies premiere, right? Even if they're kind of terrible...? XD
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Jorgito93

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2016, 07:09:26 AM »
Okay, point taken about the Transformers movie, LOL!! But for all that the movies are legitimately terrible (I can't even imagine how much worse they must be for fans of the franchise ... O_O), at least the money from the movies convinced Hasbro to put more time/effort into the toyline? I mean, I hope? :P You still get lots of TF tie-ins every time the movies premiere, right? Even if they're kind of terrible...? XD
I kinda quit the fandom some time ago, but for what i remember TFs were getting more and more simple, at a point there was almost more transformers where you press on a button and they transform automatically than normal ones, but yes without the movies we certainly wouldn't have lines like animated or the great Transformers Prime.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2016, 07:29:21 AM »

They make ugly movie-designed toys whenever a movie comes out out, but they aren't especially high quality. 

Also, the movies boomerang back and have an effect on the cartoons.

Example:  Drift.  He was a red-and-white Autobot who used to be a high-ranking Decepticon, but switched sides.

He's a well-written character in the IDW comics, as he deals with his guilt over his past (which involved massacring Autobots) by clinging onto various space-hippie religions.  Also, there's a lot of unspoken tension between him and the other Autobots, who haven't forgotten his past.  Wow, what an interesting character!  Well, in the movie he was reduced to "yellow-faced robo-samurai." 

And then, because Hasbro didn't want to "confuse" people, he became a robo-samurai in the latest cartoon too!

Imagine a redesign this dramatic happening to your favorite G1 pony.

The worst part, though, is what they did to Drift's personality.  In IDW he's got "issues", but he's generally an optimist and a fun-loving guy.  By the time "Robots in Disguise" rolled around, he'd been reduced to "very strict sensai of two students, who is sternly disapproving and punishes them if they polish his weapon clockwise instead of counter-clockwise."  They wiped away his history (former Decepticon) entirely too.  He had no personality beyond "1950s Asian stereotype."  At this point, are they even the same character?

Another example:  Bumblebee can't talk in the movies, only "beep-boop".  So in the cartoon Transformers Prime, Bumblebee could only beep-boop.  For the entire. series.   

To top it all off, rumor has it that the next TF cartoon will actually be IN the movie-verse.

I kinda quit the fandom some time ago, but for what i remember TFs were getting more and more simple, at a point there was almost more transformers where you press on a button and they transform automatically than normal ones, but yes without the movies we certainly wouldn't have lines like animated or the great Transformers Prime.

Yeah, the Robots in Disguise line in particular has very cheap-feeling toys and lots of "auto-changers."

The really fancy toys, like the Masterpiece line, exist because enough TF fans have fond memories of the G1 cartoon to shell out $$$.  Nothing to do with the movies.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 07:39:10 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline CustomsRfun

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Wanted: MOC Surprise and MIB baby Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2016, 07:57:50 AM »
I don't understand the lack of these! visitors can't see pics , please register or login

What are those???
Open for Customs Commissions :)

LOOKING FOR:
MOC Surprise and MIB baby Surprise

Offline josiekat

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There's no such thing as a bait Bluebelle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2016, 09:16:10 AM »
They were a concept design Hasbro made. Celestial ponies are what the community call them.....though I don't know if its an official name.  They were never released. I think because the G1 line came to and end. :(

I do know someone has made a custom set of them though. I wish I had the pic.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2016, 01:52:44 PM »
I believe the official name is "Fairy Brights".  :)

Here's one that's a "Hasbro, why?" or maybe a "Sunbow, why?":

The baby ponies talking "baby talk" in MLP & Friends.   It sounds so stupid.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 01:55:59 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2016, 10:42:57 PM »
The baby ponies talking "baby talk" in MLP & Friends.   It sounds so stupid.

Thank you! I'm so glad to see someone else thought that too. The way they constantly replaced "I" with "me" drove me nuts (e.g. "Me tired.") I've never heard a toddler talk like that.

Offline WaterRaven

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • Detective Docherty
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2016, 10:46:41 PM »

Continual snubbing of older pony fans, even though they spoil Transformers fans of every generation rotten

The G3.5/G4 designs

Focusing on the main set of characters

shrinking ponies

The lack of boys, babies and small selection of unicorns in G3

I'm with you on these!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2016, 06:26:24 AM »