collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: SDCC Pony 2016  (Read 33578 times)

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
Re: SDCC Pony 2016
« Reply #105 on: June 29, 2016, 07:48:35 PM »
Well I can at least say that $50 is going to be going towards those Loyal Subjects ponies XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Online Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 29, 2016, 07:59:52 PM »
I, uh ... I've slept on it, and I still ... I'm just agog!!

I'm sad to say, being a completionist means I'm still gonna buy this hot mess. :P But now at least I don't have to bother looking for the 'Legends of Equestria' version of him, since I have no need for two of the exact same toy.

Seriously, has laziness reached new heights? Has Hasbro finally fried their brains with the "NEW Pinkie Pie! (With Hat!)" re-releases???

(But I'm adding on to this - I'm sure the Fair staff will be VERY AWARE of how many people think this release is a joke, so please be polite, although I'm sure everyone here would be. ;) Sadly, I think the Fair staff gets even less say in the exclusive than we would like to imagine... I imagine that Hasbro just rolls up their "Rejected Toy Ideas" box and picks a few ideas out of it, while the staff facepalms. XD "Okay, bear with me ... how about ... Equestria Girls dolls with ZERO joints!? Or Beddy-Bye-Eyes??")
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 08:07:49 PM by Snapdragon »
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Delphian

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Depends Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 29, 2016, 08:25:10 PM »
I was complaining about this to my husband who collects Transformers. He laughed and said that on the Transformers side, Hasbro has been making copout "exclusives" like this for awhile. I feel like I should just dig in and accept that we may not see an interesting SDCC pony again for a long time. :( I really miss the art ponies we saw with the G3s!

Offline Mermaid

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 29, 2016, 08:34:01 PM »
I do not like it. At. All.

Mine will be for sale at the fair for the price it was purchased. If anyone attending would like it, let me know via pm, and we can arrange to meet to do the sale!

Seriously disappointed.
Thanks to calico star for my avatar!

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 29, 2016, 08:34:06 PM »
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARF!   :X    :X   :X

Everyone should just abandon them at the registration desk when they pick up their package and BITTERLY complain to Fair Staff.  Really, if some RE-RELEASE OF A NON-PONY toy is the MLP Fair exclusive, the Fair Staff should have just told Hasbro, "No thanks, we'll hand out bookmarks or something." 

Why can't Hasbro see the obvious?  Just make a Styling Pony sized G1 and we'll go crazy falling all over each other trying to buy it.  Trying to have us justify the price/value of some TV show character toy does NOT make it a collectible that anyone wants to own, or spend money on! 

I think it would be extremely unfair to take it out on the Fair organizers.

I agree.  It's not the fault of the Fair staff, who probably don't know much in advance what the exclusive will be and who certainly don't have any influence over Hasbro. 

And if they ever say "no thanks" to the exclusive, who's to say they would ever get an exclusive again?   The Fair is not a huge money-making event for Hasbro, it's something they do because the MLP community worked hard to develop a relationship with them BEFORE G4 rocketed MLP into the realm of "nerd pop culture."
I have to agree on this, its not their fault at all! Why complain if its something they clearly can't control? Not only that you're going to make the staff experience a bad one when everyone should be enjoying themselves. :)

If you really don't want the exclusive sell it, I'm sure someone will buy it. If I could I would buy it, I know someone who would love this.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 08:37:25 PM by Pikashoes »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #110 on: June 29, 2016, 08:45:52 PM »
Lol how funny would it be since, hypotheticly speaking, with Hasbro's past few years of bad distributing discord skips the US and we all fight online over this exclusive just to get a discord because international shipping for the GoH would make it the same price to buy and ship over here internationally...... :rofl:

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #111 on: June 29, 2016, 08:48:00 PM »
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARF!   :X    :X   :X

Everyone should just abandon them at the registration desk when they pick up their package and BITTERLY complain to Fair Staff.  Really, if some RE-RELEASE OF A NON-PONY toy is the MLP Fair exclusive, the Fair Staff should have just told Hasbro, "No thanks, we'll hand out bookmarks or something." 

Why can't Hasbro see the obvious?  Just make a Styling Pony sized G1 and we'll go crazy falling all over each other trying to buy it.  Trying to have us justify the price/value of some TV show character toy does NOT make it a collectible that anyone wants to own, or spend money on! 

I think it would be extremely unfair to take it out on the Fair organizers.  They work really hard to have a good relationship to Hasbro.  It's clear that Hasbro is not taking collectors in to consideration right now.  Making a stink is not going to make Hasbro sit up and take notice.  It's more likely that Hasbro will simply decide to save all the exclusives for SDCC and the Fair won't get anything at all.  And If the Fair burns it's bridges with Hasbro now what will happen when they release something collectors actually like?

I'm not saying that we all should buy something we don't like.  Just that it isn't the Fair's fault if we don't like it.

I feel everyone's pain I do however I think as its self it's a pretty cool figure set and box, however I wish they weren't releasing discord normal retail if they were planning this set.

Now about hasbro not catering to collectors well for one the community isn't big enough, many don't care for G4, and many wouldn't want to spend more than $15 or $20 even people said here they wouldn't pay $50 for a G1 exclusive so why would hasbro bother. Even those g1 vinyls coming out most people were like they are too expensive theyd maybe buy one. Well that's the reason we don't get that kinda stuff just my two cents. I wish things were different too but sadly the go where the money is. Kids and the brony fandom.

For Sale Wants

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 29, 2016, 09:09:57 PM »
ok  so i  really dont like this years exclusive nor do i want to pay 60.00  for it. SERIOUSLY!?
all it is  is a  jointed   fluttershy with molded hair and the same guardians of harmony  discord ere getting later in the year.    seriously?!   we knew thaat they were lazy and htey love to recycle but this isj ust ridiculous and not  worth the money AT ALL :enraged:
well  at least i'll be able to save myself 60.00   at least when maniac and spike were relased they were touching and LOOKED liek they go to gehter   this time hasbros all lets put in this figure    that  hasnt   been relased yet  paint on eyes so we dont have to really make    new figure or come upw ith soemthing new or original. oh and we still have these jointed fluttershys lets chop  off the hair and   toss her int her with molded hair and WHALA! Exclusive.

meh. MEH. not even worth  25.00  and whats wrose is at  sdcc there  49.99 but at he fair? there 60! come on give us a freaking exclusive that we cna be proud of not just   whatever sdcc i gonna get.

Actually it isn't the same Fluttershy. She has the neck and head articulation that the Guardians of Harmony have. It honestly wouldn't have been that bad an exclusive if it was an actual exclusive.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #113 on: June 29, 2016, 09:18:40 PM »
ok  so i  really dont like this years exclusive nor do i want to pay 60.00  for it. SERIOUSLY!?
all it is  is a  jointed   fluttershy with molded hair and the same guardians of harmony  discord ere getting later in the year.    seriously?!   we knew thaat they were lazy and htey love to recycle but this isj ust ridiculous and not  worth the money AT ALL :enraged:
well  at least i'll be able to save myself 60.00   at least when maniac and spike were relased they were touching and LOOKED liek they go to gehter   this time hasbros all lets put in this figure    that  hasnt   been relased yet  paint on eyes so we dont have to really make    new figure or come upw ith soemthing new or original. oh and we still have these jointed fluttershys lets chop  off the hair and   toss her int her with molded hair and WHALA! Exclusive.

meh. MEH. not even worth  25.00  and whats wrose is at  sdcc there  49.99 but at he fair? there 60! come on give us a freaking exclusive that we cna be proud of not just   whatever sdcc i gonna get.

Actually it isn't the same Fluttershy. She has the neck and head articulation that the Guardians of Harmony have. It honestly wouldn't have been that bad an exclusive if it was an actual exclusive.
I would have bought FS alone if I had felt she was worth it, to be honest I wasn't 100% fond of GoH figures in the first place (except Celestia and Nighmare Moon). Heck if the exclusive was just a GoH figure that wasn't going to be released any other time (Like maaaaybe Midnight Sparkle and Daydream Shimmer in pony form in battle poses similar to Celestia and NMN... those names are fan names, correct?)
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 29, 2016, 11:25:28 PM »
Also this isn't the first time Hasbro pulled something this disappointing. For D23 the Descendants exclusive was just Evie and Mal's regular dolls in a special box.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 30, 2016, 12:31:36 AM »
My roommate pointed out that perhaps this Fluttershy is somewhat exclusive? The other GoH figures of the mane six have had different specific expressions, so perhaps any Fluttershy that comes out would not have this calm face?
Sig by Corona
Wish List

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #116 on: June 30, 2016, 12:40:52 AM »
I just had someone on Hasbro's MLP facebook reply to me and tell me that it's for children, not you.....

because I posted this:I don't like it, sorry. I want ponies to be pretty, beautiful and elegant. Discord is not something I'm interested in as a 30+ year MLP collector.

Apparently I can't share my opinion with hasbro and I have to sheep up with fans and love it. Well I'm not sheepin' up.

An SDCC exclusive is directed at adult collectors, not just children. So it's not just 'for the children'

What on earth. How is a $50 exclusive release at a very expensive convention "for children"? I'm sure some extremely rich parents buy up con exclusives for their kids, but most parents aren't going to shell out $50-100+ for a basic toy, like an MLP, Monster High doll, etc. I've never even heard of a normal kid having an SDCC exclusive toy unless their parent(s) collect and even with collector parents it doesn't seem all that common.

Anyways, I had no expectations whatsoever but I'm still somehow disappointed. I can't really say I'm surprised but wow... this is a new low. Chicken Pinkie was a little eh, considering it was just another Pinkie Pie, but I still love and want her for the chicken aspect. At least that was creative and cute! I can't think of a single redeeming factor for this. The closed eye Discord looks way better imo, and Fluttershy looks so awkward with those joints. I don't even need to comment on the base but I'm going to anyways. Seriously, Hasbro?!

There's a reason I stopped collecting G4 years ago and nothing has ever happened to tempt me to change that. This is honestly nothing but incredibly insulting. Even just sculpting a new Fluttershy figure would have shown some effort. This is literally just a bunch of garbage from the back room tossed together with the assumption that MLP collectors (or, well, probably bronies are the real target market) are too dumb to notice/care and will happily shell out $50 anyways. Do they realize its not that hard to paint eyes?

Can anyone post a picture of the packaging? Forbes won't let me look at the article.

Offline Moonbreeze

• Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 nut
    • View Profile
    • My personal site
« Reply #117 on: June 30, 2016, 01:22:16 AM »
BWHAHAAHA!!! LOL!!! Maybe they will go on sale so badly that I can afford one!!!!!  :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
Only because Discord's chairs reminds me of Gaston's Chair!!!!

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/290/19273948199_7def4b0cd7_o.gif
Ya know because he uses antlers in all of his decorating!!! LOL!!!!!! :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Yesssss!!!!

But still.... why that ugly articulated mold...with molded hair?

Offline Goanna

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 30, 2016, 04:00:20 AM »
Whoa, how utterly bizarre  :what:

I mean, the box art is really beautiful. But... wow, I am really scratching my head over this one! The figure I guess would be a cool exclusive ... IF it weren't being released in-stores anyway. What the?!

Online Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 30, 2016, 04:23:35 AM »
Here's another thought; I know 'molded hair' is a big deal for some purists (and I understand not everyone wants to wrangle with box hair!), but how badly is that long sheaf of inflexible, molded hair going to impede the posability of Fluttershy? Whose very existence is ... to pose?
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal