collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The weird things my mother remembers  (Read 604 times)

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
The weird things my mother remembers
« on: June 13, 2016, 08:04:15 AM »
I bought a Brazilian Up Up & Away from Sarah-Bee recently, and my mother happened to be at my house when I received and opened it.  Mom looked at it for a minute and said, "I remember you wanted this one as a kid.  You thought she had white hair and were upset when she didn't."

Totally true.  I thought she had white hair in the commercial and that she looked like a palomino, and I wanted her because of that!  I hated her when she had pink hair, lol!  Mom was remembering the US one, of course, but I can't believe she remembered that at all because most of her memories of my ponies are along the lines of, "You had a lot of them," or, "It took your father 3 hours to put that together for you on Christmas when you were 7."   

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: The weird things my mother remembers
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 10:30:04 AM »
I guess you never know what random thing will fall out of the archives at some point  :biggrin:

Apparently memories are tied with strong feelings- so your mom must have had some strong feelings at that time (could have been about something else) and they helped to press the memory in...

I remember weird things too- including being in a crib!

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 10:43:16 AM »
I don't recall anything other than disappointment, but it's possible I threw a screaming tantrum and that's why she remembers, I dunno.  LOL  XD 

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 11:37:37 AM »
My mother is like that! She has random memories about ponies - for example, she remembers that she saw the Mountain Boys in october 87 and knew I didn't know about them as I hadn't mentioned them, so bought one for my present from my sister when she was born. And she also remembered the first pony she ever bought - Windy - which she always describes as being hung up on a pillar and being "so pretty" and "cheap" at the time. When I got a US windy card, years ago, she looked at it and said, no, its wrong, that's not the right card.

And then, six or so years later, the UK packaged ones came on ebay, and they were exactly as Mum had said - portrait cards with the ponies drawn on the front, not landscape.

Also, congrats on Up Up and Away. She's a really stunning Brazilian ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LightingElectricDream

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Collecting Since 2002 -
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 05:56:06 PM »
I recall when I first got back into mlp when I was 9 mom said my sisters had ponies but I never had any.

Some time later she told me that I had a baby sea pony.
But couldn't remember what one.

Then when I was 22 she told me she remembered the exact one I had baby water lilly with the purple frog float.

And my sisters had applejack, blossom, others she dosent remember.

I looked in our family album and I found baby sea pony 'salty' and bubblefish.

So hmmmm...
I don't know really..I don't know what makes people remember somethings and not others and remember more later on.
:accomplished:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal