collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Swap Talk Forum ~ Please Read ~  (Read 1104 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Swap Talk Forum ~ Please Read ~
« on: June 05, 2016, 12:34:41 PM »
The place to talk about all things swap related :)

Your will now find a shiny and fabulous new forum called "Swap Talk" on your navigation menu.

This forum is to be used for all posts regarding swaps - general discussion threads, brag threads and interest threads. It is also to be for all types of swaps hosted on the boards - ponies, OT, customs and dolls.

Swaps will still be overseen by the moderators who would normally authorise them (check at the top of the forum for a quick reference). We hope this board will allow people to find out about all the different swaps running on the board at one time and perhaps decide to join in. 

Have fun and get swapping!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 02:27:13 PM by dragonfly »
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
Re: Swap Talk Forum ~ Please Read ~
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 12:40:50 PM »
i love this idea. :) It's funny, though. I went to look for the normal sub-form under Pony Corral and was confused where it went for a couple minutes. :lol:

Swap Wishlist

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2016, 02:05:51 PM »
Eh.. I feel like putting so many types of swaps in one place is just going to make it harder to be noticed, Like I hardly ever go into customs or pony boards, and when I join a swap, I'm only interested in OT swaps, so now i have to sift through all? Unless I have a misconception about how many swaps are typically going on at once, but I always kinda figured there was a fair few.
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 02:33:40 PM »
Eh.. I feel like putting so many types of swaps in one place is just going to make it harder to be noticed, Like I hardly ever go into customs or pony boards, and when I join a swap, I'm only interested in OT swaps, so now i have to sift through all? Unless I have a misconception about how many swaps are typically going on at once, but I always kinda figured there was a fair few.
From what I gather it's all the swaps. I would of course rather they be in their separate sections. It's easier for me and less confusing hunting what types of swaps I want down. I guess it's easier to moderate though with them all in one place.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 02:54:33 PM »
Yes its all swaps :) We initially did this for the Pony Corral and moving them out did make a difference. It prevents the other forums getting a little swamped with swap threads (especially if there are swaps and discussion and brags and other topics on the same subject matter all at the same time).

Dont worry there are not that many swaps going on at the same time...if you have the patience to work through the forum where they would normally be posted you will certainly find them quicker in this new forum as there will be less posts and threads in total.

Dont worry about  not being sure...I know change is not always something everyone enjoys. But this is a big forum and sometimes its nice to see whats going on elsewhere...even if you dont want to join in.
Loa is my love god!

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2016, 03:12:30 PM »
so do gauging interest posts go in here too? because im still pretty worried about people actually learning about new swaps...
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2016, 03:36:55 PM »
YAY thanks so much! I missed out on a few swaps because there are swap threads all over the place xD

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2016, 02:38:34 PM »
so do gauging interest posts go in here too? because im still pretty worried about people actually learning about new swaps...

yes all threads that relate to swaps go there including interest threads.

It may take a while for people to know to always check these. but it will be a less busy forum so once the change is clear. . .hence these announcement posts. . It should be easier for people to see what's happening and get interested.
Loa is my love god!

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2016, 09:12:38 AM »
Ive started to move over your swap threads guys <3  You are not in trouble, the forum is now just active <3<3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2016, 12:35:22 PM »
This is the best idea ever!  I found it very frustrating that *only* pony swaps were allowed on the swap board.  If I wanted to join a non-pony swap like the annual sticker swap, I had to scour the Off Topic section and hope I didn't miss the thread.  I actually think more people will be able to join swaps since you don't have to be lucky enough to spot them in all the other board activity.  It's going to be *so* easy to find them now!  It's a lot harder to sift through all the pages of activity on the OT or the Customs board.

Thank you guys!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 12:49:13 PM by goddessofpeep »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal