collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hey Hasbro, here's an idea: Expansion Packs!  (Read 681 times)

Offline SweetLemons

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • "Ganbaruby!"
    • View Profile
Hey Hasbro, here's an idea: Expansion Packs!
« on: May 30, 2016, 05:14:15 PM »
This is an idea I thought of a while ago, but I'm just now posting it.

Here's an idea that keeps everyone happy: G4 expansion packs!

What is an expansion pack, you may ask? They're packs usually used in video games or toylines that expand upon already released material. Say for instance you had a game, and your game is great and all, but it gets boring and you need new content. You can make an expansion pack to make the material already in use better!

Hasbro can totally do this with G4 ponies! I'm surprised they haven't already.

We all hate it when Hasbro re-releases the Mane 6 and the occasional supporting character over and over again. But, this is sort of necessary, since they are the main cast of the show and there might be new fans of the show who want to get the characters they see on TV right then and there, but they can't since most of the toy store is filled with supporting characters. While this may be good for us collectors who want variety, it might not be for the little kids and fans who are newcomers. So, I propose an idea that will keep everyone happy, the expansion packs!

How they would work is Hasbro can continue the Mane 6 re-releasing all they want, but the expansion packs include the ponies fans have been asking for. Hasbro can set up online polls to see which ponies that fans would want to see next, and if that particular pony is wanted, they would be made for the next pack. There could be themed packs too, like winter ponies, spring ponies, background ponies, candy ponies, older gen ponies, the list goes on! This way, everyone is happy!

Even little kids would like these ponies. I bet there are some kids out there who are sick of the Mane 6 (and now Starlight) being shoehorned into everything, and are looking for something new. These ponies would reel in sales like crazy!

There would be 6 ponies that come in each set. They're exactly like the Fan Favorite ponies that are released every year, but released every quarter. One in January, one in June, one in September, and one in December. They'd sell like hotcakes.

I think the starting price would be 30 bucks for each set, like the Fan Faves collection.

Well, that's my idea, feel free to add suggestions, ideas, ponies you'd like, your dream collection, or more!

Wishes a Hasbro Executive is reading this :biggrin:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Hey Hasbro, here's an idea: Expansion Packs!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 05:17:25 PM »
I think that's a cute idea.  :)  Hasbro could design, say, six ponies and then hold an online poll where fans voted on which pony they wanted.  Then that pony would be in the next expansion pack.

They've done votes for Transformers toys before (which is how we got the all-female combiner Victorion), so I don't think it's out of the question.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 05:45:10 PM »
Or they could simply expand sets to a dozen or so ponies.  There are the Mane 6, perhaps one or two other returning ponies (based on popularity), and the rest are new.

However, opening the choice of new characters to the people would be great as well.  Wasn't Hasbro going to do that at some point and decide against it?
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 07:27:23 PM »
Or they could simply expand sets to a dozen or so ponies.  There are the Mane 6, perhaps one or two other returning ponies (based on popularity), and the rest are new.

Isn't that what they are doing with the pearlized ponies? Seven of the ponies are ponies that are not in the Mane 6, Starlight Glimmer and Cherry Berry are returning, and 5 new ones?
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Goanna

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 12:16:30 AM »
Definitely there need to be more ponies!

I'm not  a huge fan of packs though. Too expensive for me, and I prefer to buy ponies individually (and only if I really, really like them). So yeah just more singles in the main line would be amazing  :biggrin:

Ooh you know what I do want to see though? I want fashion packs! Like the Pony Wear of G1. G4 has the 'fashion styles', but you can only get new outfits for them if you buy... a whole new pony to go with it >_> I would love if they could release some of the clothes sets individually, in different colours or something.

Offline Lore-Lei

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 12:29:17 AM »
We all hate it when Hasbro re-releases the Mane 6 and the occasional supporting character over and over again. But, this is sort of necessary, since they are the main cast of the show and there might be new fans of the show who want to get the characters they see on TV right then and there, but they can't since most of the toy store is filled with supporting characters.
This feels contradicting, not sure if a mis-match in your writing though. Regardless, more 'other than the Mane6' ponies are always better. I wouldn't go with packs myself either, I like getting my ponies one at a time. I like the idea of a poll but only if it makes limited impact in the overall releases and Hasbro wouldn't rely on it all the time. I also like LadyMoondancer's idea of entirely new ponies being designed to vote for.

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 03:35:19 AM »

Isn't that what they are doing with the pearlized ponies? Seven of the ponies are ponies that are not in the Mane 6, Starlight Glimmer and Cherry Berry are returning, and 5 new ones?
Aren't most of them store exclusives so you would need to hunt down the particular store where they're bought?

I was talking about something like Explore Equestria which only has eight ponies.  Also, EQ and Pearlized seem to be the only sets running.  Let's get some more sets going too.  We still need some actual crystal pony characters.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2016, 06:36:45 AM »

Aren't most of them store exclusives so you would need to hunt down the particular store where they're bought?

I was talking about something like Explore Equestria which only has eight ponies.  Also, EQ and Pearlized seem to be the only sets running.  Let's get some more sets going too.  We still need some actual crystal pony characters.

I wasn't counting the nurse who might be a Walgreens exclusive. There were 12 ponies in the pearlized wave. As long as the stores actually order them in and they keep up this pattern up we might finally be past the new pony drought.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline SweetLemons

• Captain Jack Pony
  • "Ganbaruby!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2016, 05:52:35 PM »
We all hate it when Hasbro re-releases the Mane 6 and the occasional supporting character over and over again. But, this is sort of necessary, since they are the main cast of the show and there might be new fans of the show who want to get the characters they see on TV right then and there, but they can't since most of the toy store is filled with supporting characters.
This feels contradicting, not sure if a mis-match in your writing though.
Oops, you're right, I wrote it wrong. What I meant was if Hasbro just completely stopped releasing the mane 6 at all costs and just released supporting ponies. While, in theory, this would be good for us collectors, it would be a nightmare for newcomers.

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2016, 06:03:11 PM »
This sounds like a great idea, sadly we know Hasbro doesn't listen to us as collectors when we have great ideas and want to share them.  They prove this with Q and A's at fairs if they actually attend the Q and A for MLP Fair.  Lots of people give them great ideas and all they say is "not at this time" or "stay tuned".  I mean, I guess in their own way Hasbro cares but I'm not sure what that way is.

Offline Al-1701

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2016, 06:41:14 PM »
The problem is probably there are people who do care, but those who make the decisions don't.  They see My Little Pony as a cash cow they don't need to put much money into to make a ton of money.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal