collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Jem discussion thread!  (Read 3225 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Target has pajamas with Jem and the Holograms on them
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2016, 07:35:31 AM »
I ordered the extra large, I'll take pictures when they arrive and maybe that will help.  :)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2016, 08:23:02 AM »
You are so cool, LadyMoondancer. ^_^
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2016, 12:42:38 PM »
The major bugbear I have with Jem related merchandise like this is that it's never really the full groups. I'm a fan of Jetta and there are so few things with all the Misfits on, although Jetta's bonafide part of the group she gets forgotten. Same here with the Holograms and Raya. All the stock images are of the original start bands from TO, and everything gets produced with them on.

There were some super-awesome Bohemian Rhapsody style Tshirts for both Holograms and Misfits a while back. I think Raya was still omitted, though Jetta wasn't.

I guess it saves my money ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2016, 12:49:49 PM »
I ordered the extra large, I'll take pictures when they arrive and maybe that will help.  :)

Thanks, I'll just go to the mall tomorrow on my day off and get a Target gift card.  If it doesn't fit I can just bring it to target and get my money back or something---hopefully.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Hallmark is making a Jem and the Holograms ornament this year
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2016, 01:26:14 PM »
Very cool!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
The Jem discussion thread!
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2016, 05:40:28 PM »
I didn't have any interest in seeing this movie.  I always pictured Jem to be maybe late 20's early 30's.  I don't know she just seemed older to me than high school age anyway.  So, they get this girl who looks half of the cartoon Jem's age and she's saying the stuff the original Jem says "it's showtime synergy".  Sorry but it just irked me, because in my opinion it wasn't Jem.  I wanted to know if anyone here saw the movie and what are your opinions.  I want to know if I should watch it.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Haven't seen it. Not too interested.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2016, 04:25:52 AM »
OMG NEED!!!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
I'm a big Jem fan but all it took were the first couple of trailers to make me decide this movie wasn't for me.  I didn't like that they made Jerrica/Jem a teenage girl instead of early 20's. (I don't think it ever really said her age in the cartoon but I 've always thought she was in her 20's.)  It felt very much like a bad remake of Hannah Montana just from what I saw and I think Synergy was a robot in the movie instead of a  computer? I even tried listening to one of the songs on the soundtrack but I couldn't even finish it. 

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
It's low-budget and sort of nonsensical.  Like

Spoiler
Synergy is a little beep-boop "robot" and the dad hid parts of it in really dangerous places.  And then he leaves a message to Jerrica about how much he loves her.  But not to Kimber, who I guess the writers had temporarily forgotten was also his daughter, or . . . ?

Evil Erica Raymond tells Jerrica the earrings her dad bought her are too tacky to go on stage with.  Now, at this point neither she nor Jem know that the earrings have advanced technology in them.  So why does Erica put them in a fancy box and lock them in a safe??  Why not just hand them back to Jerrica?  Is she a chronic earring hoarder?  Does she have stacks and stacks of earrings that she steals from her employees?

Then later Jerrica & co. have to break into the building to retrieve the earrings.  Why not just ask for them back?  Also, why are they sneaking into the building?  They work there!  They could just stroll in!

Probably the funniest part, though, was Jerrica becoming internet famous for having a whole 30,000 views on a Youtube video.

The movie has no holograms, which is shameful.  (Yes, I know, low budget . . . Well, it's shameful that Jem was given bargain bin treatment too!)  Synergy is basically a home movie projector.

My biggest disappointment in it was that it was just another "struggling young band Makes It Big" movie.  It was so generic.  IIRC the director had previously done a documentary on Justin Beiber's rise to fame . . . I feel like he dusted off and slightly retooled the Beiber script.  And yeah, I feel that making Jem a teenager makes her . . . not Jem.

And there were no Misfits
Spoiler
except in a cameo at the very end, but that just made it more frustrating because why not put them in the actual movie instead of tucking them in at the end.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 07:55:29 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
    • View Profile
I haven't seen it.

I was very happy when I first heard they were going to make a JEM movie a few years back. But when I saw the trailer, I was like, wtf? They turned it into what looks like a Disney Channel Saturday afternoon movie for tweens. It didn't look to me like it had much in common with the original JEM and the Holograms at all, aside from the name.

I was pretty disappointed. I'll still probably watch it one of these days.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
Generic Tween movie that had nothing to do with Jem.  I truly think they just adapted the plot of some rando tween movie by adding the name Jem and a few details.

But I have heard a few people enjoyed it.

I will admit I had no interest in seeing it after the previews...

I think it may have been one of the biggest busts of all time or something like that? 

It didn't help that the makers seriously antagonized the Jem community before it came out...

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
I like this review about the movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bo2wwip_w

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
I like this review about the movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bo2wwip_w

I figured it woud be bad, but NOT that bad!!! :lmao: That is truly, truly, truly horrendous!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2016, 05:39:41 PM »
I saw this too on Target and figured I would add this since it's related, it's a Jem and the Holograms night shirt too...

http://www.target.com/p/jem-and-the-holograms-women-s-jem-exploded-face-rolled-sleeve-pajama-sleepshirt-hologram-pink/-/A-50407766#prodSlot=medium_1_10&term=jem+and+the+holograms

I ordered the pink pajama set and now I feel like I should get the night shirt too but it only goes up to large, not sure if it'll fit.  -_-

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal