collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Insurance pans out  (Read 529 times)

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Insurance pans out
« on: May 28, 2016, 10:30:36 PM »
I couldn't locate the two older threads so maybe merge. As a renter I pay a flat fee that pays up to whatever number I chose for coverage. With my recent water heater pipe burst. I almost had to put in a claim. Literally one foot of space saved my ponies. My landlord's (mom and dad) policy is taking care of everything and if they cause any damage in the process they have to compensate me. So glad I got the policy upped since my hutch could have gone through the floor if I hadn't noticed it fast enough and all my favorite ponies would be swimming in sewage.
Get insurance!!! These ladies are not all replaceable.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Insurance pans out
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 09:52:20 AM »
You are spot on - tenant or renter's insurance is SUCH a necessity!  So many people think they don't need it... but it's vital!  :)
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2016, 04:26:21 PM »
I have renters insurance and my ponies are most defiently covered! Because of the weather and LOL no not because of tornadoes. People stereotype my area as being tornadic, which it isn't, we have severe and I mean crazy severe floods to where your HOUSE is halfway in the water kind of floods in spring and wildfires in august which are honestly WAY more scary. I live near a park with 3 rivers and a pond and I live on the bottom level so insurance for all my collections- anime figures, Disney limited edition dolls, ponies, tsum tsums, Japanese Pokemon plush, Pokemon cards, all of them are all covered! We had SEVERE flooding last year and my area was effected especially my building unit and i was glad i had insurance on our belongings. Keep the worth of your collections updated with your insurer too! Even if its not weather related, houses and apartments can have problems and effect your collection. If you are a good collector you will look into getting your collections insured, its so worth it!!!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 04:28:20 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 06:29:08 PM »
Everyone should have renter's insurance: for the liability aspect more than the contents. (Just make sure 'collections' are covered in your policy without needing anything extra!)

Offline Tak

• No Transactions
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2016, 08:54:55 PM »
Everyone should have renter's insurance: for the liability aspect more than the contents. (Just make sure 'collections' are covered in your policy without needing anything extra!)

My parents are my landlords so liability isn't an issue. It's also a single family home, so not much chance of neighbors. My mattress alone would be $1000 to replace so I needed it to make sure belongings are covered. My agent just added on the monetary value for my collections. He said keep pictures and if the value changes more than $1000 to call.

Offline millenium0chi

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2016, 12:04:28 PM »
Every renter should have renter's insurance, no question.

BUT, please read your policy carefully where ponies and other collectibles are concerned.  Most renter policies (and homeowner, too) will only pay for the current cash value as toys, which gets decreased according to age, for replacement.  It will NOT pay what the collector value is.  So if you have a Greek Ladybug, you might get a few dollars or less to replace the "toy" rather than the thousands that it's worth to an MLP collector.

That's why it's worth looking into separate collectible insurance.
Be a Blessing
Looking for my childhood loves:
Princess Tiffany, Mimic, Twinkler, Surf Rider (baby sea pony), Majesty, Megan and Sundance, Cotton Candy

Offline Tak

• No Transactions
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2016, 12:54:43 PM »
Every renter should have renter's insurance, no question.

BUT, please read your policy carefully where ponies and other collectibles are concerned.  Most renter policies (and homeowner, too) will only pay for the current cash value as toys, which gets decreased according to age, for replacement.  It will NOT pay what the collector value is.  So if you have a Greek Ladybug, you might get a few dollars or less to replace the "toy" rather than the thousands that it's worth to an MLP collector.

That's why it's worth looking into separate collectible insurance.

This is super important! Excellent point. I did make sure mine are catalogued in pictures as vintage collectables.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal