collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Plumsweet's crumbling hair  (Read 3278 times)

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Plumsweet's crumbling hair
« on: May 21, 2016, 05:08:00 AM »
So I was combing my G4 Plumsweet, using no more force than usual... I noticed strands coming out a lot, but didn't think much of it. But when I tried to style her hair, even the tiniest bit of pulling caused it to snap! You know, like really damaged human hair, but somehow even worse. I picked up Rainbow Dash, who I've had the longest, but no amount of pulling harmed her. Snowcatcher, whose hair is sort of the same color, also didn't have that problem. So is Plumsweet the only pony with poor quality hair? Has anyone else had this happen?

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
Re: Plumsweet's crumbling hair
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 06:36:23 AM »
Hmmm... *pulls in my Plumsweet's hair* mine's is ok. Maybe you got unlucky and got a bad one outta the batch? :(
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 06:41:03 AM »
Hmm, that unfortunately sounds like the Avon ponies in G3 who had a certain color  that came out at the slightest touch after only a few years.
:(
I don't have a loose Plumsweet to check.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 07:32:44 AM »
Oh noooo.  :(  Yes, that reminds me of the Avon pony problems too.

What colors are Plumsweet's hair?  And if it's multi-colored, is all the hair effected equally?  Or are some colors much worse than others? 
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Luxrayx

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2016, 07:41:47 AM »
What colors are Plumsweet's hair?  And if it's multi-colored, is all the hair effected equally?  Or are some colors much worse than others? 
It's three shades of pink, and the lightest one seems to be the sturdiest. I'm not familiar with Avon ponies, could someone fill me in on them?

Offline Baby Crumpet

• Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Never too many Tex's!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2016, 08:32:06 AM »
It's three shades of pink, and the lightest one seems to be the sturdiest. I'm not familiar with Avon ponies, could someone fill me in on them?

As far as I'm aware, Avon ponies were sold in the avon catalogues as two sets. The ponies had lower quality hair, especially the pink, that was prone to 'crumbling'. It falls out to the touch. I haven't owned any of the ponies prone, this is all research. Not just ponies from the catalogue had it, I think it was the vibrant pink hair that had it worst. I found a thread here that talks about it and has some pictures, you might want to have a look to see if it's the same?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:glitter: Thank you to Nence and starrynights for my signature and Trinity for my avatar :glitter:
Wishlist

Offline Motion-Paradox

• Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2016, 09:09:42 AM »
Mine was never removed from the package, but I do have a "Frankensteined" pony I got second hand that has Plumsweet's head, if you like we could trade Plumsweet heads (I had planed to use it for a custom, so having one where the hair falls out is no problem)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2016, 09:58:18 AM »
What's terrifying about this is that the Avon ponies crumbled some years after their release. How old is Plumsweet? She can't be that old? And I know we discussed a while back the implications of this and G4 QC, but I really hope this is a one off bad luck bad batch pony with something up in her fibre, and not the start of something much bigger.

I guess what we need to know is if it's the SAME shade of pink that the Avon ponies lost. And whether anyone else has had this issue with any of the G4.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2016, 10:35:41 AM »
Ugh, this is so disheartening to hear. :cry: Plumsweet has such an amazing mane colour too. I never found her, but she was one of my favourites easy. I, too, hope it's a one off and not the signs of G4 deterioration already. :(

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2016, 11:12:29 AM »
Some of the other G3s had this hair problem besides just the Avon ponies.  If I recall correctly, some of the TRU exclusive sets also had terrible hair problems....

Princess Peppermint's hair comes to mind - it's white but it has the same problems as the light pinks that disintegrate. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2016, 12:10:31 PM »
That really sucks! :( Have you ever noticed it happens to some of the prettiest ones?
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2016, 10:30:09 PM »
How old is Plumsweet? She can't be that old?
Plumsweet is one of the oldest G4 toys, though of course that's only old in G4 terms.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2016, 01:11:31 AM »
How old is Plumsweet? She can't be that old?
Plumsweet is one of the oldest G4 toys, though of course that's only old in G4 terms.

I looked her up and apparently she was 2011. That is only 5 years, much less time than the g3 I think. But it could be a one off with that pony yet...let us hope so.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline SunbeamV

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2016, 01:11:42 AM »
I haven't had any issues with g4s, but I've had a couple g1s' and g3s' hair completely crumble out! And they all had varying shades of pink hair except for the one g3 who was rainbow haired and all of mane the colours (pink/yellow/orange) rotted right out. :huh: It'd be nice to know if the pink dye has anything to do with it? It sure seems like it.

Offline dragonlady

• Master of Organized Chaos
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+191)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2016, 05:08:26 AM »
I saw this post on the 21st and then had this happen to me yesterday! I was brushing baby Tea Lily's hair and the pink part of her mane fell right out! The Green part is fine and I tugged on her tail and the pink there didn't come out.

Poor balding baby:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal