collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rocky Horror Picture Show Reboot Discussion?  (Read 1063 times)

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
Rocky Horror Picture Show Reboot Discussion?
« on: May 19, 2016, 05:42:58 PM »
As a child I have loved this movie!
For some odd reason my grandmother bought this movie on VHS for little ol me when I was 6? My parents found it odd but the let me watch it anyway, I fell in love with this movie, the music, colors, characters, songs, the list goes on. Back then little me had no idea what it was REALLY about. I watched it so much over the years I burnt out the VHS tape and could no longer watch it. That's how much I loved this movie! I know all the songs by heart!  :blush:
Tim Curry! Ugh! TIM CURRY! I love his voice. He did a fantastic job and no one can compare, and no one can tell me otherwise lol XD.

Now to the discussion, they are rebooting it and showing it on Fox this Halloween. They even have Tim Curry coming back as the narrator. At first I was excited but now seeing all the previews and actors they chose, I'm kinda disappointed :(
They chose Laverne Cox as Dr. Frank N Furter, I love her in Orange Is The New Black, a great actress and has a lot going for her! At first I was okay with it, but after seeing the 30 second trailer my hopes have dropped lol! If you haven't seen the new trailer here's a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=outmDIi29Bo

I'm still going to see just to say I have, cause you never know... But... I wont have high hopes.

What are your thoughts?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
Re: Rocky Horror Picture Show Reboot Discussion?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 06:12:01 PM »
If my girlfriend really wants to watch I will, but I won't otherwise. I used to be a pretty huge Rocky Horror fanatic. I mean I even have two tattoos and used to go to the showings and dress up and stuff. I know there is the argument that it's a production so you cannot just judge the movie cast and say they are the "only Rocky Horror" characters, but I just loved Tom Curry as Frank N Furter. I don't particularly like any of those they have picked for the remake, so I'll sit this one out. I bet the new season of Ash vs. the evil dead starts so you can bet I'll be watching that. Lol :lol:
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 07:08:33 PM »
I'll check it out for the sake of curiosity. I grew up with the original as well, and agree that Tim Curry is totally amazing. That said, it will be interesting to see what is similar and different between this version and the original.

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 07:58:21 PM »
*breaks out the leather and fishnets* 

"It was GREAT! when it aaaalll begaaaaaaaan, I was a regular Frankie Faaaaaaaaaaaaaan..."

At work we occasionally have a Time Warp flash mob...  someone will jump up and start - "It's just a jump to the left!..." and we all usually end up leaping up and dancing. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 08:04:50 PM »
I still go to midnight showings with a shadow cast of the original. At one point me and three friends ditched a bad convention to go to a midnight showing of Rocky Horror in the park.

That said, as someone who goes to the showings and would gladly join a shadow cast with more experience? The reboot looks dreadful. The reason RHPS is such a cult classic is because it's an absolutely atrocious movie that's aged super badly. Remaking a bad-on-purpose movie is a really strange move. I'm not knocking on Laverne Cox because she's a great actress, but she will never have the sleaze-factor Tim Curry had.

Duster reference]

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 08:12:35 PM »
Ahh I've always wanted to go to a showing, but never have had the chance. It sounds like so much fun! Plus I think I would be the only one out of all my friends to go and be totally into it haha.

Offline octocorn

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Don't dream it, be it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 08:36:05 PM »
I've done the play 7 times, been to countless showings of the movie, and done shadow cast, and I am not even remotely excited about this remake.  I will however, be hosting a Rocky Horror party to dress up, watch it and heckle.  Or be pleasantly surprised, you know, whatever!

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2016, 08:42:05 PM »
I've done the play 7 times, been to countless showings of the movie, and done shadow cast, and I am not even remotely excited about this remake.  I will however, be hosting a Rocky Horror party to dress up, watch it and heckle.  Or be pleasantly surprised, you know, whatever!
*gasp* Take me with you!

Offline SnorkMaiden

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2016, 02:06:04 AM »
I don't know what to make of it. I like the movie a lot, and I saw a UK production a few years ago (Great fun! The whole audience got up for the Time Warp!). Not sure if I'll watch the remake. Thankfully, there's still a lot of time till I have to make up my mind. :)

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2016, 05:08:21 AM »
I don't know that I've ever even seen the original.......I mean it seems like I really should....I just.....Never have.....

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2016, 03:50:26 PM »
I don't know that I've ever even seen the original.......I mean it seems like I really should....I just.....Never have.....
I would really recommend seeing it when there's a midnight showing with a shadow cast at a theatre. Most productions are just fans who put it together and charge almost nothing. My local group only charges 11 bucks for a ticket.

Warning though; prepare for an onslaught of highly offensive jokes at midnight showings. It's no-holds-barred when it comes to humor and language. I think it's absolutely hilarious but it's not for everyone. I'm not sure how dirty the UK makes it but the local group does not have any off-limits topics when it comes to dark humor.

Duster reference]

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2016, 05:59:52 PM »
Its definitely worth seeing at least once, the songs are catchy and Tim Curry haha.
But I wouldn't wouldn't go to a midnight showing until you've seen the movie first, just so you know what your walking into, ya know?

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2016, 11:45:17 PM »
I am absolutely in love with Rocky Horror and Frank and Tim Curry. I watched it as an impressionable teenager and it shaped me in some ways. I loved a live performance I was able to go to once, but the actor playing Frank was a perfect impression of Tim Cury's portrayal. I saw the promo in part, but also without sound. I thought Laverne Cox had some great manerisms, but I didn't like the hair look for Frank. I will have to watch the full thing to see if it worries me more, but so far I am open minded. Really, since Tim Curry is the narrator, I will watch it no matter what. lol
Sig by Corona
Wish List

Kanchii

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2016, 11:48:08 AM »
Not gonna lie, I don't know how I'm going to feel about it because Tim Curry pretty much MADE the original, as far as I'm concerned.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal