collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 80s Cartoon Reboot.  (Read 2782 times)

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: 80s Cartoon Reboot.
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2016, 08:02:23 PM »
Sorry if I seem like a downer, but I hate it when they reboot old shows which were awesome back in the day.  To me they usually end up being horrible.

Ditto.  I really dislike computer generated animation (always looked down on Pixar and refused to watch any Pixar movies because of the terrible animation).  And for the most part, everyone is using it these days.  Honestly, that's the only thing keeping me from wanting to see stuff from my childhood revisited.  That, and I absolutely refuse to take off my nostalgia glasses...

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2016, 02:04:35 PM »
Sorry if I seem like a downer, but I hate it when they reboot old shows which were awesome back in the day.  To me they usually end up being horrible.

Ditto.  I really dislike computer generated animation (always looked down on Pixar and refused to watch any Pixar movies because of the terrible animation).  And for the most part, everyone is using it these days.  Honestly, that's the only thing keeping me from wanting to see stuff from my childhood revisited.  That, and I absolutely refuse to take off my nostalgia glasses...

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2016, 06:41:57 PM »
Hmmm....maybe The Wuzzles.

I love the Wuzzles!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2016, 12:16:51 PM »
If it was in the right hands, I'd love to see more episodes of The Trap Door, but a massive stumbling block for it would be finding someone to do the voices who could live up to Willie Rushton. Some new episodes of Towser would be nice as well, just so long as they kept the wry humour. And of course I'd like to see the original animation styles maintained for both but alas, being realistic, I think these shows are better left alone so as to avoid total ruination at the hands of the CGI menace!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Charmer

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://marks-autographs.freehomepage.com
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2016, 04:45:28 AM »
That's a tough one! Most of the ones I like have had re-boots such as Thundercats and TMNT. Maybe something like Mysterious Citys of Gold...or perhaps The Raccoons.

marks-autographs.freehomepage.com
marks-redcarpet.freehomepage.com

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2016, 07:34:47 AM »
I'm not sure it was from the 80s, but if not it was very close to it: Pirates Of Dark Water! I absolutely loved the show when I was a kid, but it NEVER FINISHED!! They released the series on dvd about four years ago I think, and I was really surprised at how well it held up over the years (as an adult I went in to watching it again figuring it would be super cheesy now, and that I was just remembering it with the rose colored glasses of nostalgia, but that wasn't the case!)

Typically I'm not a fan of reboots because they muck too much with my fond childhood memories, and the quality just isn't as great, but since the original series never finished I would be up for seeing what they could do with it in today's age (so long as they finished the story! Lol)

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2016, 08:35:19 AM »
This thread is sooooooooooo awesome.

While some reboots for children's cartoons have failed miserably, others have really blossomed. TMNT 2012 is one of the most amazing children's cartoons I have ever seen (though it did take me a while to get used to the CGI look of it). But I love the deep characters and the plot that doesn't talk down to kids nor does it shove morals down our throats about how to be 'good people'.

Thundercats had a great reboot and TMNT has also done well.

What about
He-Man and She-Ra?
M.A.S.K
Dino-saucers
C.O.P.S

Someone else remembers DINO-SAUCERS!? -hi5's- YES! I would looooove a reboot of Dino-Saucers. It was such an imaginative show, had the coolest theme song, and great dinosaur characters. Loved all the villains as well as the heroes. A modern reboot would kick tail!

The Wuzzles was a really cute show. I could totally see that as a rebooted toy line with a show aimed at younger viewers, like on PBS. (Although the rebooted Popple toys make me wanna hurl :P )

I want to see Gargoyles continued. Not 80's, I know, but I wannit! 

90's cartoons need love too! Gargoyles was one of the first Disney cartoons that wasn't afraid to have a continuous storyarc that built with each episode, plus the plot was deep and the characters were awesome. I would love a new Gargoyles cartoon! (The voice actor for Goliath just did a cameo as a character on TMNT, so he's still out there doing voice work!)

Jem! If they based it off of the currently-running comics I'd watch every episode. :)

YEAH! The Jem comics are totally awesome, and drawn by one of my fave comic book artists. Although sadly all the girl/girl relationships would probably keep that from ever being rebooted as a kids' cartoon. :\

I'm not sure it was from the 80s, but if not it was very close to it: Pirates Of Dark Water! I absolutely loved the show when I was a kid, but it NEVER FINISHED!! They released the series on dvd about four years ago I think, and I was really surprised at how well it held up over the years (as an adult I went in to watching it again figuring it would be super cheesy now, and that I was just remembering it with the rose colored glasses of nostalgia, but that wasn't the case!)

Pirates of Dark Water was awesome! It's up there with Firefly for me, can't believe it was cancelled and definitely needs to come back. -nod-

Post Merge: May 31, 2016, 08:38:14 AM

Oh, I got so excited about responding to other people's ideas that I forgot to put in my own. XD

I'd like to see Mighty Max rebooted! It was so full of 80's wackiness (a kid with a magic baseball cap that could travel through time and space with a wise chicken as his mentor and a kick-butt viking as his bodyguard) but I think it would be fun for kids today. And they could reboot the toys too!

Does anyone remember Project G.e.e.k.e.r.? I don't think anyone on this planet watched it other than me, but THAT needs a reboot for sure. XD
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 08:38:14 AM by Dragonflitter »
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline LordBlumiere

• keykid in a police box
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • doctor heart stealer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2016, 05:45:05 PM »
Jem! If they based it off of the currently-running comics I'd watch every episode. :)

YEAH! The Jem comics are totally awesome, and drawn by one of my fave comic book artists. Although sadly all the girl/girl relationships would probably keep that from ever being rebooted as a kids' cartoon. :\

Maybe so, but there's cartoons nowadays that are pushing the boundaries. With the success of Steven Universe, I can hold out some hope for execs changing their minds about gay relationships in cartoons... one can only hope...!

they/them, he/him, xie/xir/xirs
grail: princess silver swirl (original)

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2016, 09:33:36 AM »
I remember Pirates of Dark Water!  It was an awesome show even as a teen.  I also liked Peter Pan and the Pirates and Batman, the Animated Series.

What I would like to see remade is that old "Dungeons & Dragons" cartoon as well as "Wild Fire" (Peter S. Beagle was creative consultant).  They'd have to keep the Wild Fire theme song, it's so pretty... and sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKk1RQL-dx8
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 10:09:02 AM by brightberry »
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Ethereal Rhapsody

• Galaxy of Unicorns
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • Loves G1 Unicorns and Unicorn Personas
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2016, 10:16:15 AM »
I agree with Majesty. Please no more reboots! My nostalgia shows from the 80's and 90's are perfect the way they are!

Thank you Teara and Sugacup91!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2016, 12:26:20 PM »
Ooooo I remember Wild Fire! I would love a reboot of a series of a girl and her magical horse. :)
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal